Mpache

Re-Enable Hospitals Disabled in the latest patch

Greetings! 

As of the patch/update that went live on the 27th of April, the following hospitals have been disabled: Sandy Shores, Zonah & Central. 

The lack of hospitals will most certainly harm MD as a faction, and the playerbase as a whole will be inconvenienced in the short-mid term until replacements are created either via IC or OOC means. Our faction leader was not even informed of this change coming, and the faction members are currently left with no formal announcement regarding this, neither IC or OOC.

How this change is harmful:
1. Central MD had a spot for cosmetic changes to characters. The only alternative is located in Paleto MD, which I am fairly certain most players do not even know about.
2. In-Character Basic Life Support classes have been held for a very, very long time within Central MD's interior, which is now disabled, leaving no replacement closer than the interior of Paleto. This will harm the division and will inconvenience the playerbase looking to get a BLS license for their character greatly.
3. Vastly increased dropoff times. Examples: a) Injured on the pier? Has to be dropped off all the way over at Pillbox instead of the previous Zonah. This doubles the trip. ; b) Injured at the Freelance Oil Job Site? Has to be dropped off all the way at Pillbox instead of Sandy Shores, more than doubling the distance.
4. During busy hours, all calls which are placed south have to be taken to Pillbox. Pillbox is a respawn point and often gets crowded due to people dying from shootouts, and is often avoided for dropoffs if you are transporting a surviving member, to avoid chatter in OOC chat. If Zonah and Central are disabled, there is no way to do it apart from going to the other dropoff at Pillbox, which is very much still in range for OOC chat.
5. Severely demotivating to have something taken away for no given reason, without anything communicated to faction leadership, taking away any & all prep time for any & all adjustments.
6. The change will also discourage people from joining the faction, since the only thing being done regarding it is seemingly things being taken away, causing gameplay within the faction to be potentially stale and boring.

I personally see absolutely no good sides to this change, nor do I see how these hospitals were harmful in any way, and I am certain everyone else within the faction would wholeheartedly agree with this and the solution below.

The solution:
Simply Re-Enable them all, or at the very least the Sandy Shores hospital, since this is a middle point in between Pillbox and Paleto, the two currently remaining hospitals. 

Edited by Pujdo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 9

+1

From my point of view, the last update only harms the faction, and I cannot see any benefits it would possibly bring. Therefore I would like to support the request to re-enable the hospitals. If this, for some reason, is not possible, I would like to request at least a reason why this happened since we were not given the courtesy of any explanation for this or even notification about this happening and had to find out through patch notes and trial and error. 

Vecerrov (Emilia Thalmer)

• Like 1

+1

A congested Pillbox/Paleto MD is not going to be good for anybody. PD/SD collecting injured criminals are going to have a worse time of it. Citizens getting back to their vehicles or back to the scene of their injury is going to be inconvenient, hampering RP situations and gameplay in general. Please revert the change.

• Like 1

-1 for now
I think it may bring more interactions with people being more pushed to less areas when being dropped off instead of the current lot of MD's being a 2 second trip then leave. I can see the criticisms above but I think it's worth trailing for a little while to see how it affects interactions.

As for the BLS location, there's MANY solutions to that: property requests to commissioners what pd sd and doc all have done (pretty sure you guys have a zonah interior which is basically unused), other government facilities, Paleto MD (I don't see how making more activity in paleto is a negative and that's a lot of the criticisms so far which is odd.) etc.

Point 4 of avoiding congestion is against the whole concept of rp imo, if it's ooc chat, tell them to take it to PMs, if it's general IC congestion this absolutely isn't bad.

I do think sandy hospital should return, however.

And as I've said many times before, pillbox is criminally underused for such a good MLO it is, its completely behind all locked doors and doesn't promote people spending more time within MD and taking advantage of the increased recovery thing. So I personally think pushing a bit more activity in that direction is good.

• Like 1

-1 from me

Pillbox is an amazing MLO that is sadly not used enough. Seeing a more active and lively space will be great for the faction and for the server. I remember a time when Central used to be the place to be for a lot of people and could always find a medic or doctor. Then pillbox became a thing and I hoped it would be the same. But, it's only every locked doors and from what I have witnessed people stood afk at the front desk. 

1 hour ago, MoonBurdy said:

A congested Pillbox/Paleto MD is not going to be good for anybody. PD/SD collecting injured criminals are going to have a worse time of it. Citizens getting back to their vehicles or back to the scene of their injury is going to be inconvenient, hampering RP situations and gameplay in general. Please revert the change.

A congested Pillbox sounds good. Imagine a place where you are granted RP and interaction for your faction? As Ash mentioned, if it's /b, people can take it into PM's. If it's RP or general chat, then that's just a good populated area for people and RP. 

Same for Paleto. Why not have more people in Paleto, things were placed up in Paleto to provide more RP and have the place populated!

The BLS classes can be done anywhere with any facility. As Ash said below: 

31 minutes ago, Ash said:

As for the BLS location, there's MANY solutions to that: property requests to commissioners what pd sd and doc all have done (pretty sure you guys have a zonah interior which is basically unused), other government facilities, Paleto MD (I don't see how making more activity in paleto is a negative and that's a lot of the criticisms so far which is odd.) etc.

There is no limitation for this. If anything, having a new location will bring some nice changes to MD. They will possible able to get a property, build their own area and make it look more pleasing. 

The only concern I have about this whole situation is Sandy. It would be nice to have a drop off location in the middle of the map, but again it's not the end RP for MD. They can still transport them to Pillbox or Paleto! 

I think MD need to give it a try and possibly implement some IC changes! 

• Like 1

I don't have any idea why this was a thing.
If they needed to change anything about the medics, it was implementing this change by MD Chief Samantha Tenbe.

I don't want to assume to know what every single medic does but while Pillbox is a good MLO, there is little to no interaction to be had there and expecting there to be with the current system is wishful thinking. They do not have the numbers or the activity to stand idle at Pillbox waiting for patients. They get a lot of 911 calls and have to rush around the map to answer them.

People get dropped off and they want to fuck off back to what they were doing before hand, that's the reality of it.

This change just unnecessary inconveniences all players, not just the medics.
It's like taking the SD Impound away, because it's going to drive activity to the city impound. 

Edited by Bala
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, Paleto could use an MLO too.  This way a restriction to two main hospitals would be great.  Apart from that I'd also like to mention that there are quite good immersive mods that the server can implement like... Pillbox Liveries.  EfTttVU.png

For the restriction, the Coroner Job should actually use the Central MD hospital to deliver dead bodies etc.

Edited by Papadakis

I agree 100 percent with this post. I also feel we need a way to deactivate the drop points for civilians, only if EMS is on duty. If there are no EMS units on duty the drop points should then be active. I feel that EMS is overlooked because civilians can just pack there buddy in a trunk and take them to a drop point. I find it boring and the RP lacking because of "self transports".... IMO.... Make EMS great again!

• Like 1

With all due respect it has been over 2 weeks now and I see no difference or encouragement in IC interaction. If anything Pillbox/Legion/Mission Row and the Courthouse are crash city. I honestly wish I could give out one piece of proper and fun IC interaction, but I can't.

Sandy is a huge setback for everyone, we're low on medical staff and those who are on duty now are spending more time just driving that calls are now falling back on PD and SD to be taken care of, stretching everyone's resources thin. If there is a large scene somewhere it is tying up most of MD if they're not having to come from Paleto of Pillbox half a map away. Then most other call are ignored and well it is hurting RP rather than helping it. 

If we know a suspect is injured, they have basically one place to go, so its not like criminals can go to another hospital to try and avoid police attention. It almost feels like we have no option but to camp one hospital, which honestly is not fun.

This is a bit of an OT thing but from what I've noticed interactions are not in a public area, IC interaction and planning is taking place elsewhere and the congestion of people are new people, loud music and screaming, bouncing all over cars or getting run over b/c of others trying to park. I see where this idea originally came from but I think its time we own up to the fact that it was more fun and better off with multiple hospitals, especially Sandy.

Overall it was a interesting(?) experiment, but I think we see this is causing more problems than it is solutions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alex Schill said:

With all due respect it has been over 2 weeks now and I see no difference or encouragement in IC interaction. If anything Pillbox/Legion/Mission Row and the Courthouse are crash city. I honestly wish I could give out one piece of proper and fun IC interaction, but I can't.

Sandy is a huge setback for everyone, we're low on medical staff and those who are on duty now are spending more time just driving that calls are now falling back on PD and SD to be taken care of, stretching everyone's resources thin. If there is a large scene somewhere it is tying up most of MD if they're not having to come from Paleto of Pillbox half a map away. Then most other call are ignored and well it is hurting RP rather than helping it. 

If we know a suspect is injured, they have basically one place to go, so its not like criminals can go to another hospital to try and avoid police attention. It almost feels like we have no option but to camp one hospital, which honestly is not fun.

This is a bit of an OT thing but from what I've noticed interactions are not in a public area, IC interaction and planning is taking place elsewhere and the congestion of people are new people, loud music and screaming, bouncing all over cars or getting run over b/c of others trying to park. I see where this idea originally came from but I think its time we own up to the fact that it was more fun and better off with multiple hospitals, especially Sandy.

Overall it was a interesting(?) experiment, but I think we see this is causing more problems than it is solutions.

I could not agree more. With staffing being an issue, fewer dropoff locations (specifically Sandy is the pain) just means more time spent driving, which leads into MD being weakened even more.

• Like 1

The idea behind it was good, but the execution was poor.

I don't believe MD was told this was happening, which gave them little to no time to prepare. Subsequently also, with the removal of Central MD, there was no longer a morgue in Los Santos and administrators have to be called to dispose of bodies placed at Pillbox.

The reality is, the medical roleplay that people have on this server is limited but I would say 95% of it is medics treating injuries on that scene, not at the hospitals. The hospitals serve not only as vehicle spawn points but also, as locations to heal injured players, something that is at the best of times awkward. In short, medical roleplay on Eclipse isn't something that is going to unite people, no matter what, it's simply a means to an end. That's not anything negative against our medics, they do great with very little but there's no point making changes for an idealist view of what the server is.

So, rather than limit things, I recommend the following changes;

• Sandy Medical and Mount Zonah be reinstated as usable locations once again.
    Sandy serves the bottom half of Blaine County and Mount Zonah serves the westside of Los Santos.

• We purchase the MLOs I'll leave down below for these locations, for the price of a Single Issi Sport. 
    Why? Because being able to tailor the world to suit your server is massively underrated. The Zonah MD has more administrative stuff for MD, Sandy is pretty small but it fits the county.
    We add some peds to the MLOs to make it seem a little more alive when players are not there.

• We add a Coroner Job location in Los Santos and have body drop offs at the morgues in each of the four hospitals so PD and MD aren't necessarily so dependant on body drop offs and can focus on the living or criminals.

• We add a couple back alley surgeons to Blaine County and Los Santos for criminals to go to, that are more expensive to get healed at to give them an outlet.

• Like 3

+1. MD does not have the time or numbers to perform the activities discussed in this thread so far. The long-term care units already struggle as is and there's no point trying to force them to do more than they already do. I know for a fact people like @GodDammitKopi work their ass off to make the faction what it is and do not get the application numbers they should as they try to be some of the best RP I've been apart of in a faction. All this has done is exasperated those issues. Players bleeding out in the middle of nowhere because medics are preoccupied driving someone to Pillbox when they could've been dropped at Sandy.

• Like 2