LewE

Bring Advertisements Back

In my opinion this is an issue with the implementation of LifeInvader and this is more of a band-aid fix for the base issue.

I'd much prefer to see some resources put into LifeInvader development making it work correctly in-game with auto login & not be extremely slow.

• Like 1

While I have always been an avid fan of using the forums, and I still am, I'm not necessarily against the idea of using LifeInvader's marketplace feature. That said, the removal of the classifieds section on the forums was rushed significantly, and in my honest opinion unnecessarily, when there were (and still are) issues to work on for LifeInvader, such as the speed or, right now, the complete inability to edit your profile information. 

The platform is a nice idea in itself, and I understand the want to incentivize the use more by removing the classifieds section, it was just done much too early into the stages of the website. Disregarding the speed of the website, as it is a known issue well across the board, there's also more minor details that need to be worked out; as it stands, for example, the standard (and unalterable, might I add) currency used by LifeInvader is euros when the game is set in the United States and even the server uses dollars as its currency

Minor detail that probably doesn't affect anyone? Maybe, but it's the little things that create inconsistencies that make me do a double-take on whether I believe in its current state it is good enough to be forced as the only option for sales besides in-game Weazel advertisements.

• Like 1
  • chill 1

Didn't seem like anyone but players wanted life invader to be successful. Didn't allow selling on life invader till majority of player base had ceased to use it. Can't believe we lost the best part of the forums to a site that might as well be on dial up internet with how slow it is. 

40 minutes ago, Charlie Mchoe said:

Life invader is currently unusable in my opinion. until it is fixed or until it can be hosted on better servers the old system should be brought back as it was just 10x better.

ZooEnergía

Leaked image of the life invader servers.

• dead 1

I think life invader is great, but it just needs to run faster and it would be great since there is an IC Phone app as well as web browser functionality for it. Hopefully it is updated soon so all these new businesses and properties and advertise without having to rely on Weazel News all the time, especially during low periods in the day.

I would also like to see instead of paying more real life money when we already pay for VIP, for it to be in game cash in order to promote your page or to become a premium member of the site since it is all IC, or include that in a perk of having VIP in game!

+1;

I believe a forum In-Character Marketplace, Placing Bids for Houses, Cars, Businesses, etc. would be an amazing thing for the community.

This works on many other communities, When I joined and saw LifeInvadar and I thought it was cool but when I went to look to buy a house or a car, Nobody sold on there anymore.

I even used it to post an advertisement to try and buy a home and I never got even one contact, while many homes went for sale.

Forums is much easier and way more practical.

This needs to happen, nobody uses Lifeinvader anymore...

While it was a good idea the truth is that the final product is faulty, slow and has few (if not 0) active users

If returning Ads to forums is not something that will done in the future then do something about Lifeinvader, what we have now is not as good as what we had, if we change it should be for better and not change to a worse solution that barely anyone likes/uses.

My suggestion would be to bring the old Ads section back to forums 😄

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

i do think that's a good idea, but at the same thime i think that LifeInvader could need some more love. It is an incredibly fun concept and i think if the right resources are put into it, it could be one of the best feautures on the server

It's a pain in the ass to log-in and navigate + has way to much ''fluff'' (useless features no one really uses), if the developers want to have something like life invader in-game, just make a sort of advertising app/board that requires no log-in and anyone can post any advertisements. Similar to twitter, yellow pages, 

In a few old-school SAMP servers you could have ads like we do now, through weazel which everyone on the server can see, but you could also access a phone app and put up an ad yourself for a lot cheaper.(however it wouldn't be visible to all, only those who access the phone app) The advantage being that phone ads would last a lot longer.

Perhaps even incorporate it with @Bala's mall MLO and have a section where people can go there and pin an ad or general message to a notice board and other players can head there and check every so often.

2 hours ago, Luke Raven said:

This needs to happen, nobody uses Lifeinvader anymore...

While it was a good idea the truth is that the final product is faulty, slow and has few (if not 0) active users

If returning Ads to forums is not something that will done in the future then do something about Lifeinvader, what we have now is not as good as what we had, if we change it should be for better and not change to a worse solution that barely anyone likes/uses.

My suggestion would be to bring the old Ads section back to forums 😄

Sadly its just another example of something not working out just like the changes to chop shops and drug production just seems like another step back hopefully we see all three of the changes been reverted down the line.

They was absolutely nothing wrong with ad section on here it should never have been removed in the first place.

31 minutes ago, apologisemeow said:

Sadly its just another example of something not working out just like the changes to chop shops and drug production just seems like another step back hopefully we see all three of the changes been reverted down the line.

They was absolutely nothing wrong with ad section on here it should never have been removed in the first place.

Its ok to try new things but it is also important to recognize when something doesn't work and is unwanted...

I'm not sure about the new chopshops or the drug production system but that is not what is being discussed here.

44 minutes ago, apologisemeow said:

When it comes to the ad section I also agree with this ^^

6 hours ago, Ash said:

This was my last suggestion before leaving sooo... soon™ maybe

As Ash said, this was something that was brought up in a recent moderator+ meeting and will be considered. I cannot promise anything, but there is a discussion being had about this topic. Until a change or a more definitive answer can be given, please be patient!

Locked & Archived.

• Like 1
  • hand 1
  • polarcop 1