equ1nox_

The State of Food Right Now

The Burgershot update was cool in that it added the ability to food to spoil, emphasizing the use of fridge and buying food WHEN you need it. However, recently the main foods that people eat have been removed from stores and instead moved to the couple of vending machines scattered around the city. I feel like its pretty much impossible to find food anymore, and its a struggle to keep your food bar up. The food from the vending machine is always at 0%, which makes no sense considering vending machines with food will be refrigerated, which means that the food spoils very close to the time you buy it. You have to buy the food using cash, meaning that you first have to run to the ATM, get the money, run back and buy your food. I know this is trying to get more people to go to Burgershot, but for people who spend their time mostly up north (SD, Bayview, etc), its not feasible. If food were to be removed completely from stores, there should have been viable alternatives to provide accessible, full "health" food, that you can buy with a credit card, etc. such as having scripted restaurants around. Right now, its just a pain to buy any sort of food that fills you up.

I know that sandwiches are still in stores, but they are expensive and dont even fill you up like the rest of the food.

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this topic.

• Like 7
  • hand 1

I understood the concept to an extent and was all for it like "really cool people are kind of pushed to go to burgershot now". Then I heard they removed like all food from stores and I was like Hmmmmmm. Interesting change, but i like it as I now just Hunt or Fish for my food and carry a campfire around and I enjoy it like 10X more then before and I do not know why. Food spoiling faster in vending machines was another nerf I was like MEH. Personally I do not struggle with the food bar and I enjoy the change of essentially FIGHTING and WORKING for food now or just running to burgershot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XeV said:

Interesting change, but i like it as I now just Hunt or Fish for my food and carry a campfire around and I enjoy it like 10X more then before and I do not know why.

Don't know how this makes any sense carrying a campfire 24/7 to go fish for your meals or hunt for them every single day. It's good once in a while but removing food in stores is just not it. Bayview workers will have to drive down to the city to go to the one place you can get food? I like the RP experience of burger shot and it can still be lively if the food in stores was just really expensive or something. But having it as the only place to get food that doesn't require carrying a campfire around does not seem like good RP. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Phantas said:

Food crafting system for homes would be nice to give more incentive around cooking roleplay. These foods should expire within the hour to avoid stockpiles of food. Be nice to invite the homies over for baked potatoes @ize @STE @Dara MacFadden.

This is really something that I am a big advocate for seeing and have wanted for a while. With the implementation of Burgershot and having ingredients to make food, I don’t think this would be something too difficult. It would help with personal food maintenance, encourage decision making between purchasing a snack at a store, going to Burgershot or going home to cook something. While the campfire/hunting/fishing aspect is cool and all, a full cooking system even just on a basic level would qualm the ‘issues’ with the ‘food shortage’ people may experience from time to time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phantas said:

Food crafting system for homes would be nice to give more incentive around cooking roleplay. These foods should expire within the hour to avoid stockpiles of food. Be nice to invite the homies over for baked potatoes @ize @STE @Dara MacFadden.

Vince Draco, I do NOT appreciate these memes about potatoes. Please stop! 

Food cooking system would be cool. Should be a lot cheaper to encourage people who would rather take time out of their day to make their food rather than click 2 buttons and get it instantly. A whole system based on a market / grocery store could even be a thing where people can go buy different ingredients to make different types of food, etc. 

I think another potential solution to this would be having some people take the taco truck job and drive them up north. Three or four taco trucks would be a decent little play, and you could set them up near Pop's Pills and stuff like that.

It would diversify the employment a little bit, and give a reason to use a job that not a lot of people do and take food to a part of town that needs it.

There should be a Burgershot delivery hotline and a new task for employees to deliver food to houses or any desired location.

And Burgershot spawn bike command to deliver food for a good payment. This should be a suggestion but I feel like this is what Burgershot is truly missing. Shouldn't be hard to implement.

images.jpeg.jpg.b20a2ab482e9d8d30f1c011c778eabfb.jpg

Edited by Vixxey
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SmushyTaco said:

Yo if home cooking becomes a thing let us lace food with drugs but don't specify it in the title of the food to avoid meta. Script support for drugging people would be sick

Or we can just not and instead think about actually just allowing people to make food. I'm not sure why everything needs to be criminally related

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SmushyTaco said:

In real life you'd be skeptical before taking food from a stranger, having support for something like this could add a bit of realism in the mix since you'd think before eating what somebody handed you.

Home cooking would enhance civilian RP and I like that but there's also a lot of potential there to enhance criminal RP. I don't see an issue with wanting to support something like that too.

I don't know why this 'has to be scriptly supported'. You can use the /Me and exchange /(L)Do commands with the party you want to poison or put on drugs. If they refuse to follow-up your rp, feel free to make a player report.

It will be highly abusable and cause unnecessary rulebreaks and won't be trackable through logs in terms of whom tried to do what to who because there will multiple random food.

Edited by Vixxey
  • YAY 1

On 6/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, Aldarine said:

Or we can just not and instead think about actually just allowing people to make food. I'm not sure why everything needs to be criminally related

Criminal things happen on a server with criminals, probably shouldnt eat food you find on the floor or a stranger gives you

On 6/4/2022 at 11:02 PM, Vixxey said:

I don't know why this 'has to be scriptly supported'. You can use the /Me and exchange /(L)Do commands with the party you want to poison or put on drugs. If they refuse to follow-up your rp, feel free to make a player report.

Would just be helpful if it was scriptly supported, most the time when trying to drug someone like that if they7 read the /do or whatever that its possibly drugged they just, wont eat it.. and its IMPOSSIBLE to prove they're doing it because its drugged, they'll just eat it later when they're more hungry and the person who gave it to them isn't around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnakinB said:

Criminal things happen on a server with criminals, probably shouldnt eat food you find on the floor or a stranger gives you

If you read back up to what I originally said it was solely about being able to cook at home which has absolutely nothing to do with any form of criminal actions. Also may I direct your attention to the title of this thread where it in no way references criminal activity or drugging people but instead food. If anybody wants to make a suggestion about drugging people feel free to make a suggestion for it to be scriptly implemented as opposed to via roleplay.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 2:24 AM, SmushyTaco said:

Yo if home cooking becomes a thing let us lace food with drugs but don't specify it in the title of the food to avoid meta. Script support for drugging people would be sick

My first reaction to this idea was " yooo taht's cool " but then it hit me, I can't afford a god damn bmx, how can we expect people to all of a sudden own a house with money nearly half of the members don't have, and buy groceries and stuff.

I do like the idea, but I think that burgershot should stay as well as everything else, but just instead slow the starvation progress cause it does empty out fast.

16 hours ago, MrRabb said:

but just instead slow the starvation progress cause it does empty out fast.

I don't believe that it goes out fast, both in-game and real life time relatives. It's an issue with Burgershot being 95% the only source of food on the server. The food you buy from stores doesn't have enough bites to fully put you back in the full state compared to Burgershot's food.

Why change an entire system if there is not really much of script support to aid and backbone the players after the change? What is this mentality? And you talk about a play-to-win mentality? Lol.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:34 PM, Vixxey said:

I don't believe that it goes out fast, both in-game and real life time relatives. It's an issue with Burgershot being 95% the only source of food on the server. The food you buy from stores doesn't have enough bites to fully put you back in the full state compared to Burgershot's food.

Why change an entire system if there is not really much of script support to aid and backbone the players after the change? What is this mentality? And you talk about a play-to-win mentality? Lol.

Actually when I wrote this comment I wasn't aware of how wrong I was.

It fades out FAIRLY slow, and there's nothing wrong with it.

I mainly work at Burgershot with my main account ( I'm new as fuck ye? ) and I've managed to talk to a lot of people cause the line of work puts ye in a very communicative, social environment which is mother fucking FANTASTIC, as well as you can grind some cash if there ain't nobody esle tryna split the money up.

fuck everything, burgershot is alright, don't change a thing thank you.

Although I do think people should be able to cook their food at home, I just don't think a 200$ save matters much and thus burgershot can offer both the food and the social aspect.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thommy said:

Yeah, this was not a good update, lol. Why can't I buy foods can 24/7s?

You can buy food at 24/7s the issue is with the introduction of burgershot all foods save sandwiches, chocolate and donuts were removed from stores. Also they changed the import costs of sandwiches to over double previous figures, thus stores had to raise their prices to cover costs. There are stores around with sandwiches, just gotta find em!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.