DeRose

Why does server script restrict our RP?

Hey, I just wanted to make this quick discussion post to discuss the limits of criminal RP. As you can see another thread has been brought up about faction management, but going even deeper into this, the issue is fundamentally with the standards of RP the script encourage. A recent example that led to the creation of this post, was to do with aiming a gun as a driver. A hostile passenger had randomly jumped into the passenger seat (very non rp to start with, but common place on the server). From here RP was well executed by the driver proceeding to /me takes his gun out and rests it on his lap pointing it towards the passenger. The admin then came to the scene and said that it is not "valid" rp as you cannot scriptly aim your gun as a driver? I am sorry, but I feel this is just wrong from an RP server. The whole idea is you roleplay and take part in the situation. You can't scriptly take someone's license, yet everyone knows if they search you for a license you show it to them. Admins seem to be a constant state of disarray in regards to how to take the server forward regarding these interactions. One minute they tell us to think and take RP actions appropriate and to not just descent into action roleplay. The next they tell us to stay within the bounds of the script. Madness! Tying into this, with the plane crash event, as you can see PD were there aiming weapons, (had sirens on), intent was very clear all round. Yet admins still pursued and punished criminal factions for this situation which was not even initiated by them. Staff have yet to clarify this further at all, despite being confronted. The list of examples go on, if we are armed, in the trunk of a scout, we could very easily RP to take actions against the passenger in front of us, by reaching over or what not. However this is not scriptly possible, so once again is against the rules :/. I am not sure how we can still go under this guise of an RP server, whilst restricting almost every act of RP! 

Please share your thoughts on my points here, have I gone too far on certain topics? Do you guys agree that RP should be more free flowing, you RP what your character would do in the situation rather than constantly sitting there and thinking is it within the rules? Can I scriptly do this?

WsRB07g.png

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Mister Patel said:

Not sure if my comment would be helpful . I would like to make a note that I have nothing against the person on the situation I am going to post hes a great guy and I love roleplaying with him. The only problem I encountered this week was when we got pulled over by the gang unit. I in characterly used /me and /do to hide my gun under the seat and I also pmed the officer to let him know I icly hit it under the seat so it brings in more roleplay. But then he came up with the thing if I have Alt rp perms from senior admin. I was quite confused on why the server needs /me and /do commands anymore if I need approval of all the roleplay I do (ofc it takes so long to reach out to an admin aswell 🙂 ) Personally I give a huge +1 to you . Everyone is used so much of script based roleplay . Pictures of the situation will be provided below so you can have a small understanding of what I am trying to say. 

RWiMXxH.png

second ss

https://imgur.com/bpVuJPB

I did not realise you would need senior admin approval for something like this? This just seems like natural RP, had the officer taken the time to search the car RPly he would have found it. Quite often recently I have had my car searched, and every time it has been done with detailed /me's. They search underneath the chairs along the dashboard etc. rply to see where the gun might be hidden. If the officers chose to actually RP searching vehicles instead of just instantly getting in pressing I to see then getting back out. It seems very much like they have fallen back onto the script because they simply do not want to RP.

• Like 1

To clarify, the Moderator in this case is not at fault and was not limiting your roleplay, he was following the precedent set by senior server staff and the owners, a precedent that has a reason behind it. There are a number of issues that resulted in the removal of the driver being able to wield weapons and this dates back to, and I might be lying, I am not sure, the near beginning of the server in 2017/18. For argument sake, if a cop stops you and you decide to pull a gun out scripty and take him hostage, what kind of chance are you giving him to roleplay. In real life, especially in America, cops are well aware that they are under constant duress and often tell you to keep your hands on the steering wheel, not reach and so on. If we were to try to roleplay taking me hostage from the driver seat of the car, what would that look like? /me pulls a gun out and sticks it up to Kris. How do I counter act that? /do Would I see you reaching for your weapon? What's next, dicing whether I see the gun on time or not? I can roleplay moving away and get a FRP or get stuck in a hostage situation because you don't like getting pulled over? This in particular clashes with a lot of current rules set in a climate of the server where roleplay is not a priority to all players, and this is a fact. You can roleplay anything you want, you can roleplay breathing, walking, slouching over, chopping a car, but we keep coming back to mechanics that allow players to escalate situations into something unpleasant and very taboo around the community. Hostage-taking and kidnapping is still a work in progress in my opinion, and will be until we actually, like actually turn to roleplay, and not use roleplay as an excuse to further our senseless agendas. I can already see a flood of NRP complaints coming in if they enable it scriptly and drivers start shooting from cars while going 200km/h, and cops get stuck up every traffic stop, and there is no denying that.

Edited by kris giggs

On 4/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, Destuin said:

I did not realise you would need senior admin approval for something like this? This just seems like natural RP, had the officer taken the time to search the car RPly he would have found it. Quite often recently I have had my car searched, and every time it has been done with detailed /me's. They search underneath the chairs along the dashboard etc. rply to see where the gun might be hidden. If the officers chose to actually RP searching vehicles instead of just instantly getting in pressing I to see then getting back out. It seems very much like they have fallen back onto the script because they simply do not want to RP.

I don't disagree with the sentiment here, but perhaps you can help me further understand this suggestion as well as @Mister Patel .

I see RP that can't be scriptly done as essential, things like placing a bodycam on and turning it on, tossing your ID card to be able to RP lack of ID, etc...

However, in the case of hiding a weapon, this can already be done through the script by dragging and dropping it into the inventory of the car and then enhancing that script action through /me and /do. Why do you think only RP through /me and /do would be needed instead of using a combination of existing features + RP.

Edited by Cyrus Raven
Wording/Clarifications
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, kris giggs said:

To clarify, the Moderator in this case is not at fault and was not limiting your roleplay, he was following the precedent set by senior server staff and the owners, a precedent that has a reason behind it. There are a number of issues that resulted in the removal of the driver being able to wield weapons and this dates back to, and I might be lying, I am not sure, the near beginning of the server in 2017/18. For argument sake, if a cop stops you and you decide to pull a gun out scripty and take him hostage, what kind of chance are you giving him to roleplay. In real life, especially in America, cops are well aware that they are under constant duress and often tell you to keep your hands on the steering wheel, not reach and so on. If we were to try to roleplay taking me hostage from the driver seat of the car, what would that look like? /me pulls a gun out and sticks it up to Kris. How do I counter act that? /do Would I see you reaching for your weapon? What's next, dicing whether I see the gun on time or not? I can roleplay moving away and get a FRP or get stuck in a hostage situation because you don't like getting pulled over? This in particular clashes with a lot of current rules set in a climate of the server where roleplay is not a priority to all players, and this is a fact. You can roleplay anything you want, you can roleplay breathing, walking, slouching over, chopping a car, but we keep coming back to mechanics that allow players to escalate situations into something unpleasant and very taboo around the community. Hostage-taking and kidnapping is still a work in progress in my opinion, and will be until we actually, like actually turn to roleplay, and not use roleplay as an excuse to further our senseless agendas. I can already see a flood of NRP complaints coming in if they enable it scriptly and drivers start shooting from cars while going 200km/h, and cops get stuck up every traffic stop, and there is no denying that.

To clarify, I believe he is not talking about pointing outwards from the driver seat to take a hostage as you would at a traffic stop. He is talking about a passenger sitting next to him in the front seat, and not being able to RPly aim a gun at him. There are no changes to the script needed, just more of an openness with allowing for RP to freely flow.

30 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment here, but perhaps you can help me further understand this suggestion as well as @Mister Patel .

I see RP that can't be scriptly done as essential, things like placing a bodycam on and turning it on, tossing your ID card to be able to RP lack of ID, etc...

However, in the case of hiding a weapon, this can already be done through the script by dragging and dropping it into the inventory of the car. Why do you think this RP through /me and /do would be needed instead of using existing features?

Well the idea behind that is furthering that RP. The idea of Rply hiding you gun is both a benefit and a curse. Using the script given feature we assume the fact it is not hidden atall, this allows cops to find it easily and for passengers to access it easily. The idea behind hiding you gun is that this is not in an easy access position now. If I rply hide my gun and want to get out and rob someone, I would need to go through that same RP to retrieve the hidden gun. Much like with the ID RP. I mean your saying, just because there is script there doesn't mean it should require extra RP? I know for example with LSPD, you cannot just access the infinite faction locker, you have to RP storing an extra kevlar for example. Even though it is scriptly there. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

However, in the case of hiding a weapon, this can already be done through the script by dragging and dropping it into the inventory of the car. Why do you think this RP through /me and /do would be needed instead of using existing features?

If you didn't know, you can basically fit max a .50 in your glove box realistically and scriptly. So yeah, when it comes to people RP'ng hiding their SMG or bigger weapons under their seats or somewhere else in the vehicle with a couple /me's and /do's and we're told that you need a Senior Admin+ approved makes it seem like your RP is being limited. Why wouldn't we be able to store something in our vehicle with /me's and /do's is the real question? We are in an RP server after all and to my knowledge, I don't think its NRP or even considered a rule break to attempt such RP. I've been pulled over before with a Micro on my hip in a contender to which I RP'd putting it under my seat etc during a traffic stop and the cop didn't go straight to /pm's to let me know I need a SA+ approval. It sucks that cops use that as a way to basically win over the RP situation rather than RP'ng. 

Here is a picture of a situation from November that a cop actually RP'd searching my car with /me's and /do's to RP.

YBj4ylK.png

Edited by Tony Solicetto
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Tony Solicetto said:

If you didn't know, you can basically fit max a .50 in your glove box realistically and scriptly. So yeah, when it comes to people RP'ng hiding their SMG or bigger weapons under their seats or somewhere else in the vehicle with a couple /me's and /do's and we're told that you need a Senior Admin+ approved makes it seem like your RP is being limited. Why wouldn't we be able to store something in our vehicle with /me's and /do's is the real question? We are in an RP server after all and to my knowledge, I don't think its NRP or even considered a rule break to attempt such RP. I've been pulled over before with a Micro on my hip in a contender to which I RP'd putting it under my seat etc during a traffic stop and the cop didn't go straight to /pm's to let me know I need a SA+ approval. It sucks that cops use that as a way to basically win over the RP situation rather than RP'ng. 

Here is a picture of a situation from November that a cop actually RP'd searching my car with /me's and /do's to RP.

YBj4ylK.png

I think in these cases where you have script functionality, it is fair to use /me and /do as a way to enhance RP instead of overwriting it.

So in your own example, the reason why most cars likely don't allow you to store multiple weapons or heavies is because staff wants to detract people from carrying heavies in every vehicle and being able to quickly put them in the glovebox and out. It seems against the spirit of this mechanic to use /me and /do to circumvent that. 

However, if you're in a car with a .50 and you put it in the vehicle storage and then want to RP hiding it under the driver seat, back right seat, glovebox, centre console, etc... I think you should be able to do that, because you've already used the script function and you're now adding to the RP and specifying through /me and /do where exactly you hid the weapon.

TL;DR -1 on being able to store weapons through /me and /do if you're not able to do it through the script, but +1 on wanting some further clarification of what actions can and can't be RP'ed. (For example: There is no bodycam item, but we're able to RP it. There is also no ID item, but we're able to RP tossing it away, etc...)

I am rather VERY confused, this is an RP server you should be able to do any and all RP you want as long as it is realistic and not powergaming. If someone wants to hide a .50 somewhere else in the car with detailed me's and do's they should be able to and once the cops removes him from the vehicle that person can keep the .50 on their person and allows the cops to search the vehicle while he OOCLY does not have the gun, and if cops find it he would OOCLY hand it over from his person. This idea of needing alt rp permission to hide a gun under a seat or something is WILD to me. 

Now as for the driver holding a gun towards the passenger if a random gets in, I could see this being valid if they are stationary and the person gets in the front passenger seat as if I had a gun on me and some stranger got in my car I would immediately at least get ready to upholster it if the person is a threat or just assumed it was their car cause they have the same model. 

THIS IS AN RP SERVER, i wish people would just RP. I personally am just not a fan of this constant "You got alt rp consent" "well its not scriptly supported so no" I personally am down for any RP if its done creatively and could be fun. 

RP is RP, him hiding a gun in the car gives the cops better RP as now they have to be more strict with their searches and get creative with it, instead of just hitting the I key and finding a gun or him just getting out and has one on his hip. Plus also giving him a chance to get away with it instead of them just finding it in the glovebox with a single button press. FROM MY OWN personal opinion this just looks like that cop being lazy and not wanting to do some thorough RP

And yes its is VERY RARE that you even get a response to a Senior+ at least in my opinion, but I am NA and play at the WORST times for UK so I'm biased

EVERYTHING is always my own personal opinion.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, XeV said:

I am rather VERY confused, this is an RP server you should be able to do any and all RP you want as long as it is realistic and not powergaming. If someone wants to hide a .50 somewhere else in the car with detailed me's and do's they should be able to and once the cops removes him from the vehicle that person can keep the .50 on their person and allows the cops to search the vehicle while he OOCLY does not have the gun, and if cops find it he would OOCLY hand it over from his person. This idea of needing alt rp permission to hide a gun under a seat or something is WILD to me. 

Now as for the driver holding a gun towards the passenger if a random gets in, I could see this being valid if they are stationary and the person gets in the front passenger seat as if I had a gun on me and some stranger got in my car I would immediately at least get ready to upholster it if the person is a threat or just assumed it was their car cause they have the same model. 

THIS IS AN RP SERVER, i wish people would just RP. I personally am just not a fan of this constant "You got alt rp consent" "well its not scriptly supported so no" I personally am down for any RP if its done creatively and could be fun. 

RP is RP, him hiding a gun in the car gives the cops better RP as now they have to be more strict with their searches and get creative with it, instead of just hitting the I key and finding a gun or him just getting out and has one on his hip. Plus also giving him a chance to get away with it instead of them just finding it in the glovebox with a single button press. FROM MY OWN personal opinion this just looks like that cop being lazy and not wanting to do some thorough RP

And yes its is VERY RARE that you even get a response to a Senior+ at least in my opinion, but I am NA and play at the WORST times for UK so I'm biased

EVERYTHING is always my own personal opinion.

This is a utopic view IMO.

It would be great fun if there was give and take between groups of RPers and 99% of the server could handle the power of being able to use /me to hide pretty much anything if they wanted. However, I think some community introspection is needed if the objective is to  ground these suggestions in reality. There is no way that allowing people to hide heavies as long as there is a previous /me RP would lead to anything other than a new meta where we have people now making contraptions in their vehicles through /me with the specific purpose to conceal and quickly hide a heavy purely through RP.

I wouldn't be surprised if we started regularly seeing stuff like:

John is at his gang HQ. John decides to modify the center console of his vehcle with a hidden bottom compartment that only opens with a button under the steering wheel. He does this through /me and /do RP and saves a screenshot.

Queue him getting pulled over by the Police, what does John do ? He RPs through /me as the Officer is in his car /me would press the button on the underside of his steering wheel, dropping his .50 in the middle and closing the hidden compartment by pressing the button once more. /do The weapon would be hidden in a secret compartment under a fake bottom on the centre console. 

Now imagine after a few days, weeks, months after John spreads the news of his wonderful contraption, we now start getting tons of players doing this, for what objective ? Is it for the RP ? No, it's just another way to win except with extra steps and (in my opinion) highly unrealistic possibilities. 

Or, we somewhat maintain it as it is now. Following on from the same logical chain,  the script indirectly dictates to players that you can only place X amount of items with Y weight in the vehicle interior, this is your RP limitation. If players are planning to roll around robbing people, banks, doing labs, etc... they are making a choice to carry a weapon around knowing that if they want to try and hide it in a car, it will be through the inventory system, then they can add on to this by RP'ing something extra. For example, John just got pulled over, he drags his .50 to his car inventory and further RPs hiding it discretely with minimal movement to avoid alerting the Police of their actions, he would hide the weapon under the passenger seat. 

We thus have a combination of a script that hopefully prevents abuse and tries to curb unrealistic behaviour, while still allowing players to RP the specifics if they want to take the time to do so.

Edited by Cyrus Raven
  • Confused 1

@Mister Patel My man, you think it's appropriate to be aliasing people like that?

As for the OP's point, there is no right answer. If we didn't have limitations. people would abuse the fuck out of it and do all kinds of dumb shit. They already do, even with the limits.
Admin team doesn't have a hive mind and you can only really in situations like you were in, go on your own gut. It's not like a forum report where 3-4 people debate on what the course of action is, sometimes you have to live and die by your decisions.

• Confused 1
  • dead 1

If you talking about cars and placing different type of guns into it than I tottaly agrea than the Roleplay don't let you do it but should be .

50.col + attacments easly going into your SUV Glove box or any other car if no let me make a IRL picture how my glock going into my Audi's Glove box when I'm going on a job , but this would be a different story .

Any way for Uzy and SMG there should be a some special place where you can place it into a car so you can use your Roleplay to hide it and not been seen .. 

The issue with allowing people to manage RP when it provides them with an advantage is that it can be abused without repercussions.

@Destuin said that he sees no issue with "hiding" a .50 cal that he has on him, ready to shoot at any moment, inside a vehicle with roleplay, he says that he will RP grabbing it prior to shooting, however, if he, or an ill-intended player chose to hide his gun in his car every time he gets in just in case cops try to search his person, but then decided to just hop out and shoot if he ever found himself in a shootout, where would be the check or balance on that? We can't expect staff to check the logs of every player, nor can any other player know if his weapon was RPly hidden. 

This is even more important with stuff like heavy weapons. The general consensus right now is to follow the script, so you can hide heavy weapons in bags or in briefcases, that means that you need to drop the bag or the briefcase and scriptly equip the weapon. This means that you are forced to roleplay the repercussions of having it hidden. 

It forces you to play fair, and it makes sense from a game balance point of view. You can have the gun ready, but it's visible, or you can have it invisible but not ready. It's a give and a take.

I feel that people whom wish to hide their readied weapon want to have their cake and eat it too, and that's not healthy for the server.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Upvote 2

@Destuin This goes from staff member to staff member. While some staff member would deny your alternative roleplay saying its impossible or etc.. others may even appreciate you for thinking outside the box. There needs to be guidelines for them referring to this type of roleplay. I have also been recently into a situation where a PD officer searched my vehicle after i got ran over by someone in a chase, he just jumped on my bike and checked its inventory even tho i was not involved in the situation at any point. I've made an in game report and a senior admin, head admin at this time, told me to stop doing reports as they will never get accepted since this is all IC. After i got to prison i contacted a Lawyer which strongly suggested me to make an IA report since this was not ok, and he said he would have gotten me out on the spot if the guards wouldn't have placed me in prison before he would get to speak to me, that was also an ic abuse. But after spending 3 hours in prison, 2 lower staff members approached me on discord saying the situation is going to be voided since what the guy did, searching my vehicle was not suppose to happen, as he didn't meant to search the vehicle, just his pockets, although he did call on the radio that i had an illegal weapon. Very strange. I got all my stuff refunded but still lose 3-4 hours of doing anything. So in conclusion, top tier staff members have less knowledge on how to handle a situation like this than a lower staff member? was the senior/head admin denying my reports just because he was also a cop on the scene at the moment? i don't know what to say, only that ECRP should review all his staff members over again , and have them answer a few roleplay scenery.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

The issue with allowing people to manage RP when it provides them with an advantage is that it can be abused without repercussions.

@Destuin said that he sees no issue with "hiding" a .50 cal that he has on him, ready to shoot at any moment, inside a vehicle with roleplay, he says that he will RP grabbing it prior to shooting, however, if he, or an ill-intended player chose to hide his gun in his car every time he gets in just in case cops try to search his person, but then decided to just hop out and shoot if he ever found himself in a shootout, where would be the check or balance on that? We can't expect staff to check the logs of every player, nor can any other player know if his weapon was RPly hidden. 

This is even more important with stuff like heavy weapons. The general consensus right now is to follow the script, so you can hide heavy weapons in bags or in briefcases, that means that you need to drop the bag or the briefcase and scriptly equip the weapon. This means that you are forced to roleplay the repercussions of having it hidden. 

It forces you to play fair, and it makes sense from a game balance point of view. You can have the gun ready, but it's visible, or you can have it invisible but not ready. It's a give and a take.

I feel that people whom wish to hide their readied weapon want to have their cake and eat it too, and that's not healthy for the server.

I understand your point with the fact it would be very hard to police from an administrators perspective. Just the other day you pulled me over, and RPly searched through my vehicle. It took you no longer than 30 seconds, I think this is all people are asking for, rather than this OOC approach (with the alt rp requests). I don't think it would be too hard for law enforcement to rply search the vehicle as well as just tapping I.

I would also like to add, I think we are getting hung up on the hiding of a .50, this is just one example of many where we feel that staff/script are restricting people roleplaying opportunities. All that is trying to be achieved with a discussion such as this, is whether or not the community thinks, that the current restrictions by staff and script are okay? Or would we like to see more of this RP being allowed to just flow and let itself resolve ICly. Is it more of a player mentality? I personally would always go through with any RP players have done, or want to try get away with as long as it is creative and well written! 

22 minutes ago, Destuin said:

I understand your point with the fact it would be very hard to police from an administrators perspective. Just the other day you pulled me over, and RPly searched through my vehicle. It took you no longer than 30 seconds, I think this is all people are asking for, rather than this OOC approach (with the alt rp requests). I don't think it would be too hard for law enforcement to rply search the vehicle as well as just tapping I.

This is fine to ask for and something plenty of Officers do, although it isn't a requirement. I don't think you need Alt RP approval to hide a weapon using the inventory and then specifying where through and /me and /do RP.

What isn't allowed is to keep a weapon on your person and then use /me and /do to RP'ly hide it, as mentioned if everyone would be given the freedom to do this it would be prone to abuse by people trying to avoid being seen with it while still having it easily accessible via the weapon wheel. It could lead to players claiming they hid the weapon via RP when pulled over by the Police while at the same time claiming it was on their person via the script so they can instantly use it if they engage with another criminal faction moments later.

Using RP in combination with the script seems like a sensible solution and something that, as far as I am ware, is perfectly allowed. Want to hide a weapon in a car in one specific spot ? Place it in the inventory of the car and elaborate with /me and /do

• Like 1

Personally I could not agree more with everything that's been said, and this suggestion gets a HUGE +1 from me. I totally feel like, and I'm sure other will agree with me that crim RP nowadays Is not fun anymoreIts very limited to these strange script restrictions, which In return just quite frankly ruins our RP experience by boxing every criminal up inside a little corner and not letting us fully expand on our RP capabilities and Imaginations.

Creative, fun, expansive RP Is what makes a roleplay server go from okay to great, It adds so much more Interesting, and enjoyable roleplay so I do not understand why were being limited to script.

what Is possibly stopping us from hiding or concealing heavy weaponry, or what not, Inside your vehicle during a traffic stop?

Just because your heavy does not fit inside a script glove box that means we have to get out the vehicle and let ourselves be detained losing thousands of hard earned $$$, or evade and get Into a crazy goose chase across the city, until police swarm you with sports shinobis and air1?

If a criminal got pulled over IRL do you think they would just sit In their car with their shotgun strapped to their back and wait to get arrested?

I don't see no reason why we cannot expand our RP responses as criminals, as long as It is not powergaming and realistic. Its honestly SO sad to see police In this server so Invested In a play to win mentalities that they force you to limit your RP which leads to you getting caught 90% of the time. Might be fun for the police to arrest us, but what's the fun In that for us when were the ones who have to sit In jail for hours and hours? 

Criminal roleplay Is just not good anymore, its the same old same old every time, this Is the main reason why I've made a legal and for now quite being a criminal.        

Edited by xMysticZx
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, xMysticZx said:

Its honestly SO sad to see police In this server so Invested In a play to win mentalities that they force you to limit your RP which leads to you getting caught 90% of the time. Might be fun for the police to arrest us, but what's the fun In that for us when were the ones who have to sit In jail for hours and hours

I respectfully disagree...

Some of the most expansive suggestion threads for criminal RP comes from @Balaa Police Officer as seen in the following threads:

Mind you, I don't agree with a lot of the points made in these threads, but I hope it serves to point out that this isn't as easily boiled down to ''police In this server so Invested In a play to win mentalities that they force you to limit your RP which leads to you getting caught 90% of the time'', especially considering Police see criminal faction members switching frequencies or smashing radios while injured or tazed on the daily... so we should probably cool it down with the play 2 win mentalities, this isn't the thread to discuss this.

Furthermore, Police do not have a say when it comes to choosing to follow the server rules and standards, just like any other person that plays on the server. As it stands right now, you have to place a weapon away through the script if you want it to be hidden. This thread is to discuss whether this should be changed, I don't see how blaming a legal faction that neither made this rule or has a choice to enforce it contributes positively to the discussion. 

1 hour ago, xMysticZx said:

I don't see no reason why we cannot expand our RP responses as criminals, as long as It is not powergaming and realistic.

Now onto a discussion about the actual suggestion. You can already expand your RP responses, specifically when it comes to hiding weapons, you just have to do it in conjunction with what the script lets you do.

If you have space in your glovebox to hide your .50 and you want to RP hiding it under the seat, you can do that. You drag your .50 into the vehicle inventory and then elaborate where it is hidden through /me and /do

What you can't do is use RP as a way to be able to hide a heavy somewhere in your car, circumventing the script, which I would argue is a good thing.

Why might you ask is this a good thing?

Because otherwise what we get are groups driving around with heavy weapons on them 24/7 and every time they are pulled over they just RP that it is hidden in the vehicle, creating what I suspect would be an environment where for any Police related incident the weapons are always RP'ly hidden, but for any incident outside of that involving civilians or other criminals the weapons are readily available to be used against 

It just makes it sound like you (not you specifically, but the people who agree with this suggestion in general) are looking to find a way to prevent Police from being able to see weapons on your person while also having the perk of being able to quickly step out and shoot at a moments notice in non-Police incidents and hiding this under the veil of improved RP.

Compromise?

I would consider it fair to allow heavy weapons to be stored normally in the vehicle storage as long as you have an action timer to store the weapon and an action timer to retrieve it. By having this script support, like you can right now with .50 or other pistols, you can then expand on your RP by using /me and /do after using the script function, thus being able to have that RP component of hiding a weapon in a specific area of the car through /me while also having it scritply in the car.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.