TommyV

The phone UI needs some attention

Phones

Ok so couple of suggestions for the phone which would benefit everyone:

1. Add the ability to add a number from your received messages menu. So next to the Bin + text back icons, add a little '+' Icon that allows you to automatically add that number with an option to enter a name.

2. Update the phone call section to add the name of someone who's calling if they're stored in your contact list. Many times i'm asking "whos this" to people I have in my phone already.

3. Perhaps a couple of organisation choices would be nice in the phone, maybe segment the contacts alphabetically as follows;

(This is a menu title panel) A:

Contacts beginning with A are listed here

(This is a menu title panel) B:

Contacts beginning with B

And so on. (this could be listed via Surname or first name, whatever people's preference is.)

In addition - Automatically turn off radio when phone is answered would be nice.

I believe this would be a benefit to literally everyone in the city, especially when you have a lot of contacts, I spend too much time searching through my contacts trying to find the one person I need to be in contact with.

Please add anything you think I missed below and +1 to support or -1 if you don't want a useful phone. 😉

Tommy.

Edited by TommyV
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

On 8/30/2018 at 12:30 PM, Alan Ben said:

+1

Also Add an Camera in the menu and remove /record, so instead of typing a command in order to ICly record with a phone, you actually click Camera on phone. 

I think this could be cool, players would need to understand that this doesn't ACTUALLY record anything though, so it might be too complicated.

The whole idea behind /record is so if a player wants to ICLY give evidence of something happening to somebody else, they can show them stream footage/recordings whatever OOCLY, but for IC purposes, since it was evidenced with /record.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.