popjones

Two english ECRP servers, one with a fresh start.

My suggestion

My suggestion is open to critisism and I would like to hear any arguments against this suggestion. I am suggesting a 2nd version of the server, kind of like some of the other servers on the rage-mp client. Although, this would be different from the other servers as making an ECRP 2.0 would make eclipse roleplay the first serious english roleplay server on rage-mp to have two different versions of the same server with the same scripts. There would be two servers, ECRP 1.0 and ECRP 2.0, the first server would stay how it is currently and the second server would be the exact same but the server would be wiped.

Why would it help the community to implement this suggestion?

I know that myself among many other ECRP players miss seeing players everywhere and simply roleplay with them without some sort of conflict starting between the players. Nowadays it's harder to find people hanging around who won't drive away from you when you speak to them. Players today who are in the endgame and have played ECRP for years have no more goals to accomplish. Now I know banned players get banned for good reason - but if we create a second server we can try giving everyone a fresh start, a second chance and unban everyone. Especially since the players know how they broke the rules and how they can prevent a punishment next time. The server will be popping with a huge player base, even if ECRP 2.0 is a chaotic mess filled with rulebreaks and no roleplay - we will have given it a shot. So all I'm saying is try hosting two servers and if ECRP 2.0 crumbles, just delete the server and continue to only host ECRP 1.0

If you disagree, just hit me with some feedback. I really want to know everyones take on this suggestion. ❤️

Edited by popjones
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, Jbacon said:

From a my stand point, it is hard enough to keep one police department staffed on eclipse let alone creating a second department, for a second server.

As someone new to any GTA V RP, I had zero understanding of how to find applications.  Legit wanted to join the police department, but was told to "use the gov site" and that was all.  I didn't even know all this (forms and gov site) existed for like 2 days of server play.  I asked for a day for a ride along, which was approved, and never got anyone to take me because they weren't high enough rank.  So I was bored and resorted to criminal activities and can't join the force now.  

Something should be added in game for new players to explain how to find these extra things.  As someone coming from no server experience I didn't know what to do.  I love the RP of filling out the applications now, super cool that we have these resources, but as a new player I wanted to join but didn't know how and now I'm stuck as a criminal.  So, here we are.  

4 hours ago, PhotonCommander said:

As someone new to any GTA V RP, I had zero understanding of how to find applications.  Legit wanted to join the police department, but was told to "use the gov site" and that was all.  I didn't even know all this (forms and gov site) existed for like 2 days of server play.  I asked for a day for a ride along, which was approved, and never got anyone to take me because they weren't high enough rank.  So I was bored and resorted to criminal activities and can't join the force now.  

Something should be added in game for new players to explain how to find these extra things.  As someone coming from no server experience I didn't know what to do.  I love the RP of filling out the applications now, super cool that we have these resources, but as a new player I wanted to join but didn't know how and now I'm stuck as a criminal.  So, here we are.  

Well the gov forums are very easy to find, check the main page here.
You can create a second character and create a new RP story so you can become a cop/civilian, assuming you meet the requirements of the factions.
There are many "how tos" that have been created.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:10 AM, dominykas said:

-1, I feel like it's just unnecessary as the player count is quite low as is and if players previously banned on 1.0 were to be unbanned in 2.0 I believe it just wouldn't be fun for casual players.

Well not entirely I am sure there's at least 200 people right now who are banned who would be willing to play a 2.0  and if they just go back to breaking the rules they will just weed themselves back out

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AnakinB said:

if they just go back to breaking the rules they will just weed themselves back out

That's exactly how the punishment system currently works. People generally aren't banned without multiple chances before, and even then some people get unbanned to get another chance. Not sure why we'd want to facilitate to people who can't go by the rules so much they get permabanned.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, okamiii said:

You would be surprised as to how many people who are banned that regret their actions but will never be allowed back, even if they've shown improvement.

A lot of people were allowed back, hundreds by now. The only people that were not allowed back are the ones that have done too much harm to ever 'show improvement'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okamiii said:

You would be surprised as to how many people who are banned that regret their actions but will never be allowed back, even if they've shown improvement.

yeah, probably partly to do with the ban evader problem the server has too, some people ban evade and show better rp than half the server, imo that should be taken into consideration as they came back (not in the right way i know) and improved their past performance on the server

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

A lot of people were allowed back, hundreds by now. The only people that were not allowed back are the ones that have done too much harm to ever 'show improvement'.

Not ALL of them. I can think of one particular example