funkop1

Zipties for criminals

Police use handcuffs to control people. Is it an idea to let criminals have zipties? Zipties are easy to get in a store for 300 dollar. With this ziptie criminals can control hostages. When a player is in zipties, he can't go to his inventory or weapon wheel.

I think this will bring some better prespectives to the criminal scene

Thank you for reading and i hope people take this idea into considering

Wrong section. I'm pretty sure this was suggested a while back also.

Nevertheless if it's moved to correct section +1

On a final note, from some of the comments above 

"once the criminals learn how to RP properly.."

" would maybe support it if criminals knew how to rp but they don't know how to rp"

These comments are completely unfounded.. and to categorise all criminals as not knowing how to "RP properly" is just absolutely absurd.

Edited by SteScotland
typo

4 minutes ago, SteScotland said:

Wrong section. I'm pretty sure this was suggested a while back also.

Nevertheless if it's moved to correct section +1

These comments are completely unfounded.. and to categorise all criminals as not knowing how to "RP properly" is just absolutely absurd.

I've met 10% that rp properly... seen too many report videos to base my view.

• Upvote 1

+1 to this.

There's a large selection of criminals who can't roleplay properly, but i'd say the same for some police officers as well. Just record everything, don't hinder interesting roleplay elements for criminals just because of a minority.

If you think about it logically, cable ties would never really be used by people who can't roleplay because there's no additional benefit to someone using them to make a quick cash-grab, they're only really going to be used in serious roleplay circumstances for kidnappings and ransomings etc.

Maybe allow people to wriggle with a button to break out but has a small chance of success.

4 hours ago, TommyV said:

+1 to this.

There's a large selection of criminals who can't roleplay properly, but i'd say the same for some police officers as well. Just record everything, don't hinder interesting roleplay elements for criminals just because of a minority.

If you think about it logically, cable ties would never really be used by people who can't roleplay because there's no additional benefit to someone using them to make a quick cash-grab, they're only really going to be used in serious roleplay circumstances for kidnappings and ransomings etc.

Maybe allow people to wriggle with a button to break out but has a small chance of success.

problem being is that they can just cuff the person they're robbing.... and any idiot can pull pistol on you and "handzap dis is roberi hanzap if ju dont fear rp i report, report!"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SteScotland said:

Mate that's BULLSHIT, randomly pulling around people with your pistol and saying handsup on mic is not roleplay... and if you think that they can rp here's one example, maybe two

Situation one: I just logged in as you can also see on my screenshot guy just pulled over " handsup robbery robbery" I put my hands up and with 0 rp he does /frisk, then apparently I'm supposted to accept it icly because commands are ic thing( "accept it") second pic is without text for some reason so you can't see it but somewhat get the point from the third

Last picture, guy walks up to me(when I'm sitting in the truck which is also locked) handsup robbery handsup, note the guy was 12yo kid without a voice so heck of course I'm not going to rp fear infront of a kid.. and guess what? WAAA FEAR RP RULE I CANT ROB YOU BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HAU TO RP

https://imgur.com/a/0VOFMi2

I think there should be like rebel/criminal training or advanced training, that would allow you to get zip ties and other stuff. Requirements would be like lot xp or a lot of money or even both, so they would know how to use them. Advanced training can have maybe armor or some better clothing or even heavy guns maybe ? Just a thought about everything.

even tho +1 for zip ties

1 hour ago, SkylineGT said:

and if you think that they can rp here's one example, maybe two

Ah lord. And exactly how many criminals are on the server at any given point? 50-60? Probably more. So 1-2 examples, of 60 players. 

That's kind of like the whole police issue right now in the states. One police officer does something bad, and the whole police force of the country gets labeled as bad. 

That's what you're doing right now

19 minutes ago, Muffy_Duffy said:

Ah lord. And exactly how many criminals are on the server at any given point? 50-60? Probably more. So 1-2 examples, of 60 players. 

That's kind of like the whole police issue right now in the states. One police officer does something bad, and the whole police force of the country gets labeled as bad. 

That's what you're doing right now

No, those are two examples which I took screenshot of, out of maybe 15 robbers which I have encountered one roleplayed well, one roleplayed uhm... wtf(rped but in sense handsup robbers, got anything on you?no. aite bye)

One person who can roleplay does not excuse 10 other which can't.

1 minute ago, SkylineGT said:

No, those are two examples which I took screenshot of, out of maybe 15 robbers which I have encountered one roleplayed well, one roleplayed uhm... wtf(rped but in sense handsup robbers, got anything on you?no. aite bye)

One person who can roleplay does not excuse 10 other which can't.

i think you're letting your hatred for being robbed cloud your judgement.

50 minutes ago, ezys_ said:

I think there should be like rebel/criminal training or advanced training, that would allow you to get zip ties and other stuff. Requirements would be like lot xp or a lot of money or even both, so they would know how to use them. Advanced training can have maybe armor or some better clothing or even heavy guns maybe ? Just a thought about everything.

even tho +1 for zip ties

Makes sense doe robbers should get their experience in active gangs or with their(if any) previous character experience but right now people really can't rp

Just now, SkylineGT said:

Makes sense doe robbers should get their experience in active gangs or with their(if any) previous character experience but right now people really can't rp

Plenty of people can RP. You're just judging the many on the actions of a few.

Just now, Muffy_Duffy said:

i think you're letting your hatred for being robbed cloud your judgement.

..and I think that you're getting your butthurt for not getting anything from robberies, you think they can rp? fine show me screenshots, I showed you mine where they can't rp.. you're yet to prove your point.

3 minutes ago, Domka said:

If its just plain addition without anything to it -1.

If there are more stuff leading into it for example some kind of training to learn(or get permission) to do it or that only few people in the faction could do that then +1.

permission is meh... and people from faction already have cuffs, point being this was like the cuffs but for civilians to kidnap people etc but as I have said.. no rp=-1

• Upvote 1