Nex

What's wrong with EclipseRP cops in 31 seconds.

I'm not going to submit a report on this.... Reports don't fix anything. Specially around here.

The fact that 1 cop can fail RP so hard is just hilarious as fk for me....I just can't deal with this type of poor RP.
It feels like GTAV online servers with extra rules...when scenarios this bad are put in place.

I will explain what he did wrong and what he should have done ...to provide a good RP for everyone involved.

What he did wrong:

Cop went full Rambo through the shop's doors while he was under gun point. ALONE. And started giving demands =)))))))))))))))
He charged inside a store alone....against 2 people that are robbing a store and with no knowledge if both of them have weapons or not.
I spoke with him after the incident and his reasoning was. " I had a vest and an SMG vs your pistol....and the other guy had nothing"

In a good RP scenario...you should be afraid for your life...a headshot is a headshot and you are dead. But you putting game mechanics before good RP....thats just bad as fk.
You wouldn't charge alone in a store like that in a realistic scenario..or a good RP scenario. This is not CS:GO....we don't rush B here.

What he should have done to ensure a easy win and provide good RP:

Place his car in a good position.

Call for backup.

Place himself outside the car behind cover where he is safe.

Keep us at gunpoint at the door.. without letting us get out of the store.

We were cornered and I wouldn't just run outside if I had an SMG pointed at me.

RP is like a continuous string. If you at any point fail RP...the string is cut...I'm taken out of the RP....and whatever happens after that point is plain bad RP...and I don't want to take part in that.
People should have a higher standard for RP...and put more effort in providing good RP to everyone....that way there would be less "REPORT" threads in the report section...
But instead...people can't follow basic RP rules and the "save POV" meta is a thing now.

• Like 2
  • NAY 1

The deputy was able to get in and aim his gun at you before you even realized that he had came into the store (keep in mind is animation is bugged). 

You turned your gun to him, whilst you were already under gunpoint IRL you would be dead too. By the server rules, I don't see any rulebreaks. If you had 5 people in there, maybe it's a different scenario then.

The problem really is that in most scenarios most people just run away breaking Fear RP, knowing that the LEO won't shoot someone unarmed and running, which I imagine is why he came to the door and got you under gunpoint.

@freshprinceIE It doesn't matter who pointed the gun at who first...the fact is he ran into a situation on which he had 0 information on.
Alone.
Nobody runs in a store like that :)) it's just amusing and can hardly take him serious after seeing him doing that.
In what reality does 1 cop charge through a stores doors and starts giving demands like that? :)) He sounds like he's doing a robbery himself...

pUJjzjK.png
FYI , this animation he's doing with his arms stretched and the weapon frozen in place means he is pointing the heavy at you and it's just bugged your end visually meaning on his screen he likely had his heavy weapon on you before you had your pistol on him from you turning from aiming at the NPC.

If you feel someone's actions are "failrp"/NonRP you can report them for it if you think that rules aren't being followed.

19 minutes ago, Nex said:

People should have a higher standard for RP...and put more effort in providing good RP to everyone....that way there would be less "REPORT" threads in the report section

That's...why the rules are there. So people who do not have a higher standard of rp can then be reported. That last statement is like saying "if people stopped doing crime we'd have less people arrested".

But ultimately your statement is "people need to be better at roleplaying" which doesn't really leave much to be discussed.

• Like 1
  • hand 1

@DrPathetic Same point as I told the guy above. It doesn't matter who pointed the gun at who. I knew he had the SMG pointed at me despite the animation being bugged.

The fact that he went inside in the first place is fail RP

Edited by Nex

Seeing as a Moderator and a Senior Support can't recognize fail RP when they see it ..it's one of the reason I'm leaving.
If he had followed the points I told above:

Place his car in a good position.

Call for backup.

Place himself outside the car behind cover where he is safe.

Keep us at gunpoint at the door.. without letting us get out of the store.

This would have been a by the book arrest...with cover coming to help him out...keeping himself safe and the situation under control.

Edited by Nex
  • dead 1

As I said you can report him if you believe his actions broke any rules.

"Failrp" is a very subjective umbrella term, your discussion may have more merit if you specified rules potentially broken.

Also, a cop making a poor IC judgement call is not necessarily bad rp, what if you ended up taking advantage of his poor choice and shot him down and got away because of his mistake? This is why "failrp" is a terrible term to use, someone can consider something failrp just because they don't play the character how you think it should be played. 

Common sense.

Is something rare nowadays. Fail RP ...bad RP....poor IC judgment are the same thing in different words.

As I said him going inside and giving demands is just that bad of a scenario and should have never happened.

If you fail to understand that.....I can see now why people are moving cities...while there being a wave of new people joining in here...the numbers stay the same or even drop a bit.

• chill 1

3 minutes ago, Nex said:

Common sense.

Is something rare nowadays. Fail RP ...bad RP....poor IC judgment are the same thing in different words.

As I said him going inside and giving demands is just that bad of a scenario and should have never happened.

If you fail to understand that.....I can see now why people are moving cities...while there being a wave of new people joining in here...the numbers stay the same or even drop a bit.

We are sorry you feel like this, but as @DrPathetic stated. If you felt something was wrong in this situation, please report and this situation will be handled. 

Each player plays there character different. It could be another officer makes the decision to wait for back up, and this officer felt it was necessary to come into the building and attempt to stop the robbery. It's feels less of 'fail rp' and more a choice on what that character would do in each situation.  

2 minutes ago, Nex said:

That is absolutely not true. "poor IC judgement" is not in any way the same as bad rp. 

If you had planned better had a scout, backup, more weapons, exit plan etc, you could have taken advantage of this cops poor IC decision to go in alone, but at the end of the day the single cop out-equipped you. 

I'm also very curious who you're telling "there's a car coming" and to "move move move" at the beginning of the video since no in-game audio is shown

@DrPathetic

" out-equipped you."  ????????

?????

You have the same thinking as him...this is not CS:GO....you should care for your character as for yourself and RP fear accordingly.

In good RP your "gear" wouldn't protect you from a headshot.

That's putting the game mechanics before good RP.

And as for your last question. I was telling that to the same guy...just that I pressed N and it didn't work...you can hear the keyboard tap multiple times.

Edited by Nex
  • Like 1

Reporting won't do anything because reports are handled by people like you. 

2 moderators and 1 Senior support gave almost the same answer.

Nothing will change no matter what. It's mostly just me ranting before I leave....

I'm just disappointed because I had much higher expectations for this server.

This discussion seems to be going around in circles. If you feel the deputy has done something wrong here, you are free to report it. If you do not to wish to report it, then you have no right to complain about a rule being supposedly broken if you do not seek going down the right ways of fixing it if it was actually a rule break.

@Kazjii It's not " If I feel the deputy has done something wrong"

I know he did.. and every person with the slightest amount of common sense should see that.

I'm not reporting him for the reasons I  stated above your message and you +1 adding to my reason...

Anyways I'm out , too many bad RP scenarios provided in just 2 weeks time...

Edited by Nex
  • chill 1

With regards to your attitude about reports not fixing anything, I mean all due respect, if you have that attitude then nothing positive will happen will it?
I can't understand what the motive is for the post really. You won't make a report because nothing will happen, but then you will make a post and a bunch of subsequent replies to said post?

As for your summarising of the clip, I would be inclined to agree with you to an extent. Challenging two people robbing a store with no backup doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. Although that being said, you don't take cover yourself either so..

This is a tricky one. While I don't believe this is non-RP (to some extent it is) to the point that it's report worthy, it's more  of a breach of IC rules and regulations. Also him being an idiot. Who the hell would go through a door of a store robbery by themselves? The man isn't Rambo. He showed clear disregard for his own life.

I'd suggest reaching out to LSSD's high command with this video for review instead so they can remind Deputies how to conduct themselves in an armed robbery, both IC and OOC reminders.

People keep saying "he pointed his heavy at you first". That is a HUGE problem that exists on this server. People solely judge situations based off who pointed the gun first. 

What cop knowing he is alone would walk into a robbery not knowing how many people are there and how many guns there are.

The cop obviously knows that his vest will shield his character from bullets because that's the game mechanic, but like the person who made this thread said, a headshot is a headshot, and no cops IRL would rush in knowing his vest can block a bullet to the chest.

This wasn't just a "Poor IC judgement call" because he said that cop claimed his vest and SMG give him them edge in a shootout, but a shot to the vest realistically will always knock an officer off his feet because it is incredibly painful.

It was bad RP and I think we should just recognize that and move on.

Edited by Jett_J
  • Like 1

Wouldn't holding a gun to the store owner be a concern for the cop? Is it not considered a hostage because it is an NPC? if not it should be, right? If the cop ran in like that irl with a gun held to a store owners head, the hostage could be killed on the spot resulting in the officers job failing instantly. I think a much better RP scenario is if the cop didn't attempt to instantly win, instead radio that this store robbery is happening and need potential back up, to then take cover and communicate with the criminals to figure out their demands.. RP is the priority here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Backup was already called athis point, even before I got out of my cruiser, as I told you ingame, and I get why you wouldnt Report: I wouldnt aswell if my Friend got into a car while under gunpoint and decided to Run you over 3 times before me driving off.

Edited by Avemir

1 hour ago, Avemir said:

Backup was already called athis point, even before I got out of my cruiser, as I told you ingame, and I get why you wouldnt Report: I wouldnt aswell if my Friend got into a car while under gunpoint and decided to Run you over 3 times before me driving off.

I had a stroke reading the last part. Could you please elaborate? 

16 minutes ago, Denza said:

I had a stroke reading the last part. Could you please elaborate? 

The two robbed the store, I Call for Backup and get to the door, he runs up to me and says "I have a gun pointed at you, dont act this way this is not how his works", his friend ignores the weapon pointed at them,  runs out of the store and proceeds to run me over with stated car multiple times so that the guy holding the. 50 gets into his Trophy truck and drives off. 

I'm back 🙂 wanted to check how the post is doing. Glad you answered @Avemir
The fact that you even went past the door in real life you would have been long dead.
I only ignored you because I was stunned by how stupid of a decision you took and acted like you had all the situation under control.

Cya...hf on the server...please keep providing quality RP like this for everyone to enjoy. You are the God on this server and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
If a bank is robbed by 30 people...you run them down with your smg and vest ok ? 

Yikes.

Edited by Nex
  • chill 1
  • dead 2

47 minutes ago, Avemir said:

The two robbed the store, I Call for Backup and get to the door, he runs up to me and says "I have a gun pointed at you, dont act this way this is not how his works", his friend ignores the weapon pointed at them,  runs out of the store and proceeds to run me over with stated car multiple times so that the guy holding the. 50 gets into his Trophy truck and drives off. 

Would be interesting to see that, do you have your POV saved?