Nex

What's wrong with EclipseRP cops in 31 seconds.

3 hours ago, Aalias said:

Wouldn't holding a gun to the store owner be a concern for the cop? Is it not considered a hostage because it is an NPC? if not it should be, right? If the cop ran in like that irl with a gun held to a store owners head, the hostage could be killed on the spot resulting in the officers job failing instantly. I think a much better RP scenario is if the cop didn't attempt to instantly win, instead radio that this store robbery is happening and need potential back up, to then take cover and communicate with the criminals to figure out their demands.. RP is the priority here.

The Police are allowed to ignore Hostages actually, even allowed to shoot right through them if they feel the need to. Senior Admin + said so himself.

8 minutes ago, Stew Walker said:

The Police are allowed to ignore Hostages actually, even allowed to shoot right through them if they feel the need to. Senior Admin + said so himself.

Do you have proof to sustain these wild claims?

1 hour ago, Stew Walker said:

Of course I do...

Go look the topics ive posted 😄

I did and it seems to me that you majorly disregarded the point made by the Senior Admin. No rules were broken and procedure was followed, however it lead to the injuring of a civilian. That incident is a completely IC matter.

1 minute ago, Denza said:

I did and it seems to me that you majorly disregarded the point made by the Senior Admin. No rules were broken and procedure was followed, however it lead to the injuring of a civilian. That incident is a completely IC matter.

TBH i think it is an IC matter as well, just nothing I can really do about it atm. But I mean the point that "since there was a bug where they didnt notice he was already injured" is completely invalid imo too, officers must be aware of what is in front and BEHIND the target they are shooting at. In this case it was the Hostage and they completely disregarded that and clearly I was close enough to be shot, not sure how they could say I wasn't … when I did get shot...

Doesnt really matter at the end of the day, normal civilians cant really contest these scenarios. Its an uphill battle and that's putting it lightly.

Also love how you took their side without seeing their POV. Just have faith their right...

Edited by Stew Walker

1 hour ago, Stew Walker said:

Doesnt really matter at the end of the day, normal civilians cant really contest these scenarios. Its an uphill battle and that's putting it lightly.

Also love how you took their side without seeing their POV. Just have faith their right...

I didn't take anyone's side. I just stated that no rules were broken at that specific scenario and IC procedure was followed. I saw your POV and it seemed all fine to me. The procedure itself is flawed. As you can also see as I previously posted, I was against the deputy in OP's video in rushing in the store like Rambo.

I actually never say that post, there isnt anything you can really do with a flawed procedure other than get the officers into trouble. I dont think every IC issue with PD or LSSD can be solved with an IA report. Judicial system never got back to my IA report or LSSD...

5 hours ago, Stew Walker said:

Homie what are you talking about? I think it goes without saying, but conversations like this are allowed as long as they remain constructive and only use factual information. To me, this is absolutely not what is happening here.

I have been to countless situations where people are robbing banks with a "hostage" and everyone just assumes cops are dumb and don't actually do any investigative work while these scenes are going on. With those countless hostage situations, I can count how many times the hostage has been a legitimate hostage on one hand and still have fingers left. People are so quick to hop into /b when cops start to ignore the hostage.

It's funny when a "Hostage" is verified to be a specific person, and that person is known to roll with the hostage takers. While I won't say how this happened to protect from metagaming, I will say that a few weeks ago a Bank Robbery was occurring at Chumash Bank with a hostage being held at gunpoint. Negotiations were underway, Officers legitimately brought a vehicle for the hostage takers to get away in, everything was being set up exactly how the hostage takers had requested only for me to find irrefutable evidence that the hostage was indeed not a hostage, and was a member of their crew. Due to this, Officers changed their tactics, stormed the building and arrested everyone - no one was injured and no shots were fired.

Of course people immediately started with /b saying LSPD didn't care about the hostage, that we broke the rules, etc. etc. when in reality, they just don't know about the sheer amount of information we have due to our high standards when it comes to incident reports, etc. By the time this situation concluded, the "hostage" spent about 20 minutes in the interrogation room and admitted to his involvement in the crime, that he offered to be the hostage in this situation, and that they were all together. This happens way more than actual hostage situations.

Now, if you're unhappy with people's in-character actions, take that frustration and handle it in character - there are processes in place for people to submit inquiries to the LSPD regarding misconduct.

I'm confused as to why you keep coming back to reply. If you think the server is all garbage RP then let just go? You've said no less than 3 times that your leaving but you keep coming back to reply more. You don't want to report or go through any of the proper channels to see any actual change. You just wanna complain because you lost a situation and when MULTIPLE staff tell you their POV you whine more cause they don't agree with you. Insinuating that people are stupid or blind cause they don't agree with you is hardly valid rhetoric. Whether or not it was NRP (and imho suck it up and take the L like we all have had to do many times.) this is not the answer. Frankly I am here to say 'be an adult, get over it, and move on'. If you feel that cop rp'd invalidly and you don't want to report it and of the proper ways (either through IA or the report section) then your only option is to try avoiding rping with him in the future - EZ. Not sure what you hoped to accomplish here. If you don't like the RP you are experiencing here, if you don't want to participate in the proper systems and processes to address issues you come across and help improve the server for everyone, and if all you want to do is complain in a general forum then let me show you to the door and wish you a nice journey. 

• Like 1
  • YAY 1
  • hand 1

7 hours ago, Brant said:

Homie what are you talking about? I think it goes without saying, but conversations like this are allowed as long as they remain constructive and only use factual information. To me, this is absolutely not what is happening here.

I have been to countless situations where people are robbing banks with a "hostage" and everyone just assumes cops are dumb and don't actually do any investigative work while these scenes are going on. With those countless hostage situations, I can count how many times the hostage has been a legitimate hostage on one hand and still have fingers left. People are so quick to hop into /b when cops start to ignore the hostage.

It's funny when a "Hostage" is verified to be a specific person, and that person is known to roll with the hostage takers. While I won't say how this happened to protect from metagaming, I will say that a few weeks ago a Bank Robbery was occurring at Chumash Bank with a hostage being held at gunpoint. Negotiations were underway, Officers legitimately brought a vehicle for the hostage takers to get away in, everything was being set up exactly how the hostage takers had requested only for me to find irrefutable evidence that the hostage was indeed not a hostage, and was a member of their crew. Due to this, Officers changed their tactics, stormed the building and arrested everyone - no one was injured and no shots were fired.

Of course people immediately started with /b saying LSPD didn't care about the hostage, that we broke the rules, etc. etc. when in reality, they just don't know about the sheer amount of information we have due to our high standards when it comes to incident reports, etc. By the time this situation concluded, the "hostage" spent about 20 minutes in the interrogation room and admitted to his involvement in the crime, that he offered to be the hostage in this situation, and that they were all together. This happens way more than actual hostage situations.

Now, if you're unhappy with people's in-character actions, take that frustration and handle it in character - there are processes in place for people to submit inquiries to the LSPD regarding misconduct.

That wasnt completely literal brother, it was an over dramatization to emphasize the OP point of the officers not valuing the hostages life over catching the crims. Ive personally been in hostage situations that were completely opposite and they were only worried about my life. Furthermore, ive been interrogated each time and never "rolled" with any of the crims 😄 sorry if I was being inappropriate, didnt mean to offend anyone

Thanks for the thread and responses made.

As has been stated by multiple moderators prior, if you feel there was a breach in the rules, please do make a forum report against the player in question as this is the way to enforce RP standards and uphold community integrity. I can assure you that these reports do get taken seriously and we have a tiered punishment system in place specifically to educate players how to do better in future if a report was to be accepted.

As this thread has gone off-topic it will be locked and archived but as above if you feel a rule was breached, please do make a forum report per the player report guidelines.

- MrSilky.

• hand 1
  • polarcop 1