Alllbyyy

PD/SD/DOC possible updates

In the past there been a lot PD vs CRIM suggestions and really nothing changed i hope this will and there is no hate on mine side to PD but i do like some changes.

PD/SD

As we all know, PD/SD have a lot of things that depend on scripts, such as free weapons, free repairs/fuel, etc... So I have some things that could change and maybe it would be fun and improve both crim and PD RP.

1.    Free repairs/fuel: So at the moment, if a cruiser is broken, low on fuel, dirty, etc, PD will go to the station, do a command or two, and a new one spawns, fully repaired, fueled, cleaned, etc. Why not change it so that PD cars need to be repaired as well, so they need to go to LSC but they get like a free pass, or it goes out of the PD treasury, or something similar. This way there is more RP involved instead of just running a command and getting a new cruiser.

2.    Free weapons: So if I am right, PD has unlimited ammo and weapons. Why not change it so that PD has to import weapons themselves. For example, they go to an NPC, or ask NG over department radio, and order some ammo or weapons, and there would be a convoy set up by NG and they do a convoy and bring it to their HQ. Of course, this convoy can be hit by criminals, but it will require large numbers and weaponry, as it is technically the military they are dealing with. PD could have a "warehouse" or something similar, and each time a (heavy) weapon is taken out/stored, it takes this weapon out of the warehouse along with the ammo. This will of course need a lot of work, as there will be issues and abuse, but it will be a good addition as it will add more RP for criminals and PD.

DOC

As we all know we all hate prison. We all know the huge yard of DOC. Currently there is only 1 way to reduce jail time. That is thru mining ore. I'd like to implement an additional idea to this. Setup a scripted gym. Where people can increases their stamina / running speed + also reducing their jail times.

-Prison breakout suggestion: We all know currently there is only 1 way in breaking out. That is thru taking a hostage. I'd like to suggest to add some script. Which allows you to fuck up the whole electricity of the prison by destroying multiple electric boxes around the yard. This would increase the activities in DOC for Inmates and Guards. As guards would've more activities to do and for inmates to have a chance in escaping.

Thank you for taking time to read this, would like to hear your guys opinion on this.

Edited by AlbertoPanchino
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The prison breakout part is factually incorrect, there have been, and I have been involved myself where Irish have broken out from prison, with the necessary approvals without taking and/or having a hostage. The prison breakout depends on your role-play interests rather than the script, and how far are you committed to the role-play. Even when the person escaped, they were caught back and charges were placed -- they weren't angry, just because of the role-play everyone got to do, which was one of the best things I've seen thus far. Hopefully more people push themselves up to those standards, rather than just escape and log out. Electric boxes wouldn't be realistically in an area that could be easily accessible by an inmate or two, just because... we know what can happen. If doing it, doing it realistic is something that should be looked at, not for the sake of let's smash.

• Like 2
  • YAY 2

+1 to repairs and fuel. 

I do believe that would make it so much more realistic. Even if it is having to sit at mission row for a min or two waiting for your car to get fixed/fueled.

-1 to the weapons

This is do to not wanting to influx the amount of gun. There is already a lot of illegal firearms at play. There are more than legal ones at this point.

-1 DOC

This is the same as what Flawpi said.

Fuel and repairs suggestion sounds fine. I can't think of any police force in the US that uses the military as a middleman for purchasing ammo and weapons though, nor do I see any realism benefit in constantly allowing criminals the chance to get dozens and dozens of carbines, .50s, and a few snipers in exchange for their .50 and an AK that they'd use to hit the convoy. This isn't mexican cartel RP, it's set in Los Angeles.

As for the prison breakouts, there's literally endless possibilities for breaking out of prison. If you choose to only do hostage situations and take it the loud way, then that's your choice. You absolutely can sneak out of prison by being clever and it has been done a few times before in the past.

7 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

+1 to repairs and fuel. 

I do believe that would make it so much more realistic. Even if it is having to sit at mission row for a min or two waiting for your car to get fixed/fueled.

-1 to the weapons

This is do to not wanting to influx the amount of gun. There is already a lot of illegal firearms at play. There are more than legal ones at this point.

-1 DOC

Agree fully with this.

1. Sure, but most police departments have on-station mechanics (Even more in larger cities.) They'll only contract out to local mechanic shops if they're a small a broke town. 

2. No. The server already has a bad enough line of toxicity between gang members and the law enforcement departments and I feel giving more of a way to engage gunfights with PD/SD versus crims would only lead to more reports, /b save pov and shootouts which I believe is one thing the founders are currently trying to stray from. 

There's nothing but risk of getting killed from raiding military convoys and the national guard has gone belly flop and non-existent since the azteca and NLA conflict. 

3. Plenty of ways to break out of prison instead of taking a hostage without the usage of scripts. Using a hostage is just the easiest way to getting shot once you leave.

• dead 1

22 hours ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

For example, they go to an NPC, or ask NG over department radio, and order some ammo or weapons, and there would be a convoy set up by NG and they do a convoy and bring it to their HQ. Of course, this convoy can be hit by criminals

My emphasis. PD is not a raid boss for you and the boys to get loot from. All this would do is tie up everyone in the faction because every single man, woman, and child would want a piece of the action so that means all hands on deck. This would only give me even more IC rationale for better equipment and frankly you don't want that.

• YAY 1