AtlasOLimbo

Nerf Chopshop

Chopshops can promote really awful/unrealistic roleplay. I think a way to get around this at least in some sense is stopping chopshops from being used in certain hours of the day, especially in city chops. Maybe from 11 AM to 5 PM? Don't know, just disallow chopping cars in the bright of day, especially for lower end cars, I can't imagine any chopper would want that heat on them.

14 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

-1 to your change 

but i think increasing the chop time to 10 min and and then allowing up to 2/3 cars to be chopped at the same time would make it more fair. 

Huh, interesting proposition. I really just wanted to start conversation over it. I like this idea a lot!

10 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

-1 to your change 

but i think increasing the chop time to 10 min and and then allowing up to 2/3 cars to be chopped at the same time would make it more fair. 

I also think that closing down the chops would be bad idea, but I would love to see it that you could chop 2/3 cars at once, even if it mean longer time for one.

I would also like to add that you could do up to 3 cars... first one you start is 5 min and the other cars that you would chop would be chopped in 10min.

It's hard enough to find a car to chop, and most the time it's a shitty car. I used to chop cars quite a lot and you have to deal with constant patrols of gangs and PD, as well as the fact that the owner can trace it and contact PD too. All of this to spend 5 minutes for 3k.

• Like 7

-1 to the idea

you may not have a full understanding for the use of a chopshop which can be vital to gangs. Most chop shops are turfs which provide official gangs with power... Limiting the hours in which they can be actively chopping will drain power and make them essentially useless. Being able to chop multiple vehicles at once maybe 2/3 would be perfect as after large fights, there can be up to 10-15 cars to chop with each taking 5 minutes, it adds up and you can be waiting at chop shops just for PD and SD to randomly check.

• Upvote 1

-1 I think chop shops are fine the way they are.

If the first vehicle we chop takes five minutes, the second added to the qeue takes 10 and the third 15 then you're essentially waiting the exact same amount of time for each car anyway.

Edited by K1net1K

13 hours ago, Vasquez said:

It would be more realistic if the chopshop was open at night, to hide shady business.

the problem is due to time scale. 

So if i play for 2 hours I could be screwed from ever being able to use the chop due to it being day the entire time or vis versus night.