Bala

Bala's Bus Overhaul

Changing an already existing script that is in place to revitalize it to serve a bigger purpose and actually allow more player interaction to get from point A to point B is a big plus. If the bus routes exist already but serve no purpose to the server besides that, I do not see how it would negatively impact anything to have them be moved to serve a better purpose while maintaining the job that has been in place for years.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • yooo 1

Big +1 Bala.
This is an excellent suggestion, i myself have crashed into several buses because they went from 100 km/h to 0 in a split second, making it impossible to react in time, which in turn is really annoying to be fair.

I hope the bus job gets this well deserved update, then you might even find me driving the buses at times!

On 4/11/2021 at 12:23 AM, Xoza said:

Here are the official Cannon routes the game has and they include bus stop areas and huts that are clearly marked.

Buses.jpg

Any adaptation or variations would be amazing.

First of all +1 to the major suggestion and agree that the job needs all this fine tuning.

Bu also would love to either see bus shelters implemented at the current bustops or the routes modified to use existing shelters in LS so people can actually see where to wait for buses.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kjaer said:

First of all +1 to the major suggestion and agree that the job needs all this fine tuning.

Bu also would love to either see bus shelters implemented at the current bustops or the routes modified to use existing shelters in LS so people can actually see where to wait for buses.

These bus stops in the canon image, include all stop/shelters that exist.

• Like 1

+1 Hope to see some of this implemented. Here were my suggestions:

- Ability to select routes, or an algorithm that selects routes in a rotation so multiple buses aren't on the same route

- Make the bus stops work like loading a truck, so they don't freeze your bus. You stop over them and wait for a timer once you're stopped

- New bus route from the terminal to Paleto Bay via Sandy Shores and Grapeseed using the Dashound bus

- Big ask: AI driven buses. People won't take a bus when they can't rely on it, so if they only run when people are online to drive, no one will use them. If there are no players on a given route, have AI spawn in to replace them

Edited by Havana