Leprechaun

Coroner Updates/Suggestions

Why does the hearse de-spawn when I play poker? The nature of the coroner job has you waiting around for requests, and it seems very reasonable to sit in the poker game as a way to pass the time between requests. Maybe it's a bug that the hearse de-spawns? 

Make it so requests can only be picked up by the request acceptor. Random bodies which aren't requested can still be fair game, but it's very frustrating accepting a request just to see another hearse beat you there, because they were able to see the location on their gps. Being able to poach bodies like this feels kind of non-rp, especially when none of the other request based jobs seem to work this way. 

On 3/8/2021 at 3:25 AM, Leprechaun said:

Why does the hearse de-spawn when I play poker? The nature of the coroner job has you waiting around for requests, and it seems very reasonable to sit in the poker game as a way to pass the time between requests. Maybe it's a bug that the hearse de-spawns? 

Because that’s what script vehicles do when they’re not used for some time. And take a look at the rule book again, you shouldn’t be doing anything else but the job if you’ve got the vehicle out.

14 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

Because that’s what script vehicles do when they’re not used for some time. And take a look at the rule book again, you shouldn’t be doing anything else but the job if you’ve got the vehicle out.

Sure, I understand that's what the rule says, but it doesn't make any sense for a one size fits all kind of thing. Would it also be against the rules for me to go fishing while I wait for a coroner request? What should I do while waiting? Stare at the ground? Can I talk to other players or is that not included in "doing the job"??? 

I understand that the intention is to prevent non-rp, but this isn't non-rp. It's very specific RP to take a BAD job for little to no money, and spend most of your time sitting on your thumbs waiting and hoping for some work for that job. I'm not suggesting taking the hearse and going to the mines, that WOULD be non-rp. 

By that verbatim reading of the rules, I literally shouldn't do ANYTHING but sit in the hearse and wait patiently for a request to come in, is that really the true intention? Can I drive around in the hearse looking for bodies? What if I find a body at a drug lab, can I pick a marijuana plant? What if the body is literally on the plant, should I just ignore it? The coroner is already one of the absolute worst jobs even while being the newest, it's my favorite, but just for the RP. I just don't see how it's non-rp to pass the time waiting for requests doing anything other than playing with myself in the drivers seat of the engine off hearse????

Edited by Leprechaun
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Leprechaun said:

Sure, I understand that's what the rule says, but it doesn't make any sense for a one size fits all kind of thing. Would it also be against the rules for me to go fishing while I wait for a coroner request? What should I do while waiting? Stare at the ground? Can I talk to other players or is that not included in "doing the job"??? 

I understand that the intention is to prevent non-rp, but this isn't non-rp. It's very specific RP to take a BAD job for little to no money, and spend most of your time sitting on your thumbs waiting and hoping for some work for that job. I'm not suggesting taking the hearse and going to the mines, that WOULD be non-rp. 

By that verbatim reading of the rules, I literally shouldn't do ANYTHING but sit in the hearse and wait patiently for a request to come in, is that really the true intention? Can I drive around in the hearse looking for bodies? What if I find a body at a drug lab, can I pick a marijuana plant? What if the body is literally on the plant, should I just ignore it? The coroner is already one of the absolute worst jobs even while being the newest, it's my favorite, but just for the RP. I just don't see how it's non-rp to pass the time waiting for requests doing anything other than playing with myself in the drivers seat of the engine off hearse????

Now that I've thought about this even more, why not simply limit the number of coroners that can be on duty? Limit the size of the hearse trunk or eliminate it and only allow bodies to be stored? Five coroners even at peak times is WAY too many. In a city of 500, one coroner per 100 is already an insane amount. Then, if the number of hearses allowed out is limited, that prevents non-rp players from using the hearse for non-rp, they can't get one. 

Edited by Leprechaun

It has came to corroners attention, that current gps system does not work that well.

Heres a quick example: 

Person x calls corroner from Pier to pick up dead body.

Person A picks up call from lets say Paleto, and has around 10km to drive. Once the person A has claimed the call, dead person GPS marker is visible to all corroners on duty! 

In most times, someone who is corroner, lets say person B is currently at Mission row, he sees that someone picked call from person X, and sees that he is theoretically nearby and goes to person X. 

Person B who did not pick up call, gets to the body first and gets 500$ as per body, more to his corroners duty.

Person B is happy he got additional cash, while person A who is coming to the call, drives all the way to find that body is already serviced by someone else, is frustrated, has wasted time, did not even see that body is already serviced.

What I suggest is to implement such system, when person X calls for coronner service, after initiall call where he explains the situation, he has another argument to answer to the phone, and that is to:

1) inform only the one corroner who is going to pick up the call ( only corroner who picks it sees gps marker of dead person, other corroners dont see it so they cant "snatch" body)

*this would be displayed at client call as something like "individual offer" *

2) client informs that he wants to all corroners see the GPS mark, so the body can be picked by any corroner who is nearby, and if someone picked the call, they have to bear in mind that every corroner sees it.  This might be usefull for situations when, for example, PD has had a massive shootout with 20+ bodies and needs as many corroners as possible.

*this would be displayed at client call as something like "open offer" *

Also, it would be generally acceptable if corroners car could fit in 10 and not 5 body bags.

Edited by Antonio_Colombo

Coroner's Job - There have been a few complaints that..

1. There aren’t any coroners when needed
  2. People don’t call coroners enough
  3. So... there isn’t enough work to quantify staying on the job.

I have also seen some coroner drivers ‘Sit and wait’ for a person to die, just to get the payout and not at all assist the individual. LIsted further are some improvements that could really help make the coroner's job a more reliable service for all elements.

• Coroners should be able to trunk players, so they can take them to the hospital and be able to drive them through the ambulance bay for extra pay to encourage them to help.
  • Bodies left abandoned could be ‘found’ by citizens after 30 min and called in automatically.
    • “A citizen has reported a body in the area”. Just like calls about explosions.
    • Automated calls could also have a chance to call police at the same time, for investigation.
  • When calling a coroner, the player should be able to leave the area without the call being canceled, instead of having to wait, however information like a phone number and name should be included in the coroner calls (if they're not already).
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Xoza said:

Coroner's Job - There have been a few complaints that..

1. There aren’t any coroners when needed
  2. People don’t call coroners enough
  3. So... there isn’t enough work to quantify staying on the job.

I have also seen some coroner drivers ‘Sit and wait’ for a person to die, just to get the payout and not at all assist the individual. LIsted further are some improvements that could really help make the coroner's job a more reliable service for all elements.

• Coroners should be able to trunk players, so they can take them to the hospital and be able to drive them through the ambulance bay for extra pay to encourage them to help.
  • Bodies left abandoned could be ‘found’ by citizens after 30 min and called in automatically.
    • “A citizen has reported a body in the area”. Just like calls about explosions.
    • Automated calls could also have a chance to call police at the same time, for investigation.
  • When calling a coroner, the player should be able to leave the area without the call being canceled, instead of having to wait, however information like a phone number and name should be included in the coroner calls (if they're not already).

additionally i think having the coroner job also be in the city would help a lot, as right now it is just too difficult to have to go to paleto, take the job, go to the city to pick up the body, then back to paleto for limited pay vs effort.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Xoza said:

Bodies left abandoned could be ‘found’ by citizens after 30 min and called in automatically

IMO probably the best solution, as the timer is 60 minutes and if nobody does anything with the body in that 30 minutes they're probably not going to do anything in the following 30 either.  The only issue with this I can see is these large shootouts you get where a dozen people die, you're going to get spammed by a large number of requests all at once.

18 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

IMO probably the best solution, as the timer is 60 minutes and if nobody does anything with the body in that 30 minutes they're probably not going to do anything in the following 30 either.  The only issue with this I can see is these large shootouts you get where a dozen people die, you're going to get spammed by a large number of requests all at once.

Would be great for multiple coroners to take care of.

• Upvote 1

I been doing the coroner work I was in LS had a call in Paleto and someone in SD actually took the body to the coroners got a car and handled the body when I accepted the call I do agree there needs to be a system for Coroners to stop people from Taking calls not there's when there is a system use the same As Truckers order comes in and only person who can fill it is the one who took the order.

I do agree that there should be a system set up to say when a coroner is on Duty so calls can come in.

Is this where we're doing them all? Okay. Let me try my hand.

1. Pay people a small amount from the city (say, $50) to report bodies.

2. Advertise the coroner number noting that you're doing your part at a citizen AND you'll get paid.

3. AI generate some dead bodies in secluded places (i.e. say North point at Paleto, the dock where Devin Weston was pushed into an early grave, the humane labs parking lot, Davis quarry, etc.)

4. Have those AI generated bodies "anonymously reported" like the trucker order list. 

5. Add coroner drop offs to major hospitals to increase interaction with LSEMS staff and add potential for more RP experiences.

6. Maybe emphasize the job every October for spooky month? You know, increased payout, some crazy stuff happening like really grisly scenes or something. Hell, you could include those normally as a rare spawn to create intrigue. You go out for a routune mission and find a body nailed to a wall or something.

Edited by Doctor_Diddler

+1 to server-created NPC requests like the trucker orders. There's barely enough requests for one coroner at peak hours (probably because people are not called, since I imagine enough people die)
+1 to incentivising coroner calls

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but maybe remove the need for the calling player to stay at location. I guess it decreases interaction but some people call and then cancel the call by leaving the area. Hoping players like cops and ems stay at the location regardless though.

+1 server Created "incidents" similar to road working if no real calls with similar wait times to the Roadwork. Balance the pay to that. Ton of RP opportunities there, but waiting around for hours with no calls is paiiiinful. 

Or make an exception to the rules for the coroners so we can do something *anything* else when there's no calls. (Fishing, labs, helping roadcrew)

Really even just allowing fishing from the pier while on duty would make the job actually profitable on non-peak hours. And you don't really gain much by being on duty and not taking calls if/when they come in so I don't think it would be abused more than any other freelance job. Additional traffic on the pier isn't a bad thing in my view either again more RP opportunities. 

BREAKING NEWS: Coroners office partners with local fishmarket "The hearses already smelled awful so we don't mind the fish!"

Edited by jacobedwardd