Krish Roshan

Realistic Police Vehicles

If you really want to talk about realistic speeds... we're going to have to seriously consider top speeds on every car + control capability at those speeds then the cost of said vehicles and the cost to tune them as such. Remember this is a game, and vehicles are balanced in a way that permits any player to be able to own most of them and enjoy them in their various ways.

Nissan Skyline and a Police Cruiser top out at the same speeds, but the Cruiser has better acceleration and traction IRL.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2021 at 3:59 PM, AlbertoPanchino said:

it is not about the car but about the driver🙃

100% this. I've escaped a chase in a stock Primo Custom. The police are fine, they're given tools to benefit them when they need it. But in the end, it's a combination of skill of the person running, and a little bit of luck on either side.

5 hours ago, Kamarz said:

Elegy tops out at 185, massacro 195, Cuquette 192. Would consider these to be race and super cars, not as fast (top speed) as a police cruiser.

And those cars reach that speed in half the time it takes the cruiser to reach the same speed thanks to those cars' superior acceleration. What's your point?

+1 Police vehicles clearly accelerate way too fast and have too high of a top speed. A upgraded crown vic, ford explorer really is not even in the same room as Super car or race  car. maybe it the police drove more dodge chargers or something it would be understandable. If the police lose a criminal in a police chase it is rarely do the criminals car being faster on a straight away as the police vehicles in this city are almost supers. On top of the vehicles being unrealistically fast, the police have a myriad of tools at their disposal to assist them that criminals simply dont have. Blockades, Spikes, Helicopters, Multiple other vehicles with faster top speeds on realistic super cars or extremely capable off road vehicles. Not to mention the police usually having heavier weaponry and armour for the moment the chase is over. its understandable that the police would have blockades, spike strips, multiple vehicles, helicopters and a better arsenal than most criminals but to add 210 mile per hour pit maneuver in a crown vic on top of that is a little much. 

I personally feel that cruisers are well balanced in this game when compared with the criminal population. Yes, they've probably got better performance then their IRL equivalents but as previously mentioned the accessibility of high performance vehicles for criminals is far greater then IRL accessibility. I would say that 9 times out of 10, we're in pursuit of a high performance vehicle such as an Issy Sport, Elergy Retro, Rapid GT e.c.t which has more then enough capability of outrunning a cruiser. The primary reason why we successfully pursue a vehicle more often then lose is due to tactics and numbers. One individual in an Issy Sport could easily evade a police cruiser in under one minute, however when you take into consideration the resources that police departments are able to dispatch, it gives them the edge. Looking at previous comments, it seems that some believe all cruisers are capable of reach speeding in excess of 200kmh, however that's just not the case on a select few can. 

An elegy retro is way better than any basic police cruiser (not talking about high speed). 

Yes a crown vic, police scout, etc will beat out an Elegy retro on a long straight but the handling/acceleration/breaking is incredibly poor compared to an Elegy.

Not to mention an Elegy Retro Custom isn't even expensive yet it is still incredibly difficult to keep up with.

Often times an Elegy will accelerate so fast that a police/sheriff cruiser loses visual almost instantly and they get away.

On 4/23/2021 at 3:02 AM, strangur said:

+1 Police vehicles clearly accelerate way too fast and have too high of a top speed. A upgraded crown vic, ford explorer really is not even in the same room as Super car or race  car. maybe it the police drove more dodge chargers or something it would be understandable. If the police lose a criminal in a police chase it is rarely do the criminals car being faster on a straight away as the police vehicles in this city are almost supers. On top of the vehicles being unrealistically fast, the police have a myriad of tools at their disposal to assist them that criminals simply dont have. Blockades, Spikes, Helicopters, Multiple other vehicles with faster top speeds on realistic super cars or extremely capable off road vehicles. Not to mention the police usually having heavier weaponry and armour for the moment the chase is over. its understandable that the police would have blockades, spike strips, multiple vehicles, helicopters and a better arsenal than most criminals but to add 210 mile per hour pit maneuver in a crown vic on top of that is a little much. 

Police cruisers actually accelerate really slowly. We get dusted by an Elegy Retro, Issi sports, etc anyday.

If you try to make any turn in a crown vic when going 210 you almost instantly will spin out. The breaks are also garbage so that makes it even more difficult.

• Like 1

I honestly wish our cruisers made more sense. I wish the buffalo was faster than the crown vic, like irl, and that the Vacca was faster than some 4 door sports sedan (Jugular). LAPD has a Vacca, and that would be perfect for supercar pursuits. Unfortunately, in this world, pretty much all criminals drive cars with supercar-like performance which in itself i believe is incredibly unrealistic, and PD needs to have equivalent tools. Irl criminals drive slower cars and get chased by slower police cars, but cars in GTA are way too fast and have way too much grip so to maintain the balance, PD needs unrealistic cars too.

As it is now, it's almost impossible to keep up with a mini cooper sport, how much sense does that make?

Edited by Havana
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Havana said:

I honestly wish our cruisers made more sense. I wish the buffalo was faster than the crown vic, like irl, and that the Vacca was faster than some 4 door sports sedan (Jugular). LAPD has a Vacca, and that would be perfect for supercar pursuits. Unfortunately, in this world, pretty much all criminals drive cars with supercar-like performance which in itself i believe is incredibly unrealistic, and PD needs to have equivalent tools. Irl criminals drive slower cars and get chased by slower police cars, but cars in GTA are way too fast and have way too much grip so to maintain the balance, PD needs unrealistic cars too.

As it is now, it's almost impossible to keep up with a mini cooper sport, how much sense does that make?

Agreed.

Not to mention this awful new update with the low grip tires. Hakuchous are zooming on the highways going 240 and there is literally nothing we can do about it. I even had one go 230+ right by me on the highway and then drive into the wrong lane of travel right in front of me, but nothing I can do with a Police scout or crown vic even.

When i tried out low grip tires, my first thought was tyre wear. Those should wear out after half an hour if you use them hard. Maybe they could slowly tick down the health of the vehicle, which would cause you to go to LSC for a "tyre change"?

That would add some counterbalance, making them effective only for a shorter period of time, putting increased pressure on you to evade before that time is up. Could also give LSC some business parking down at the drift arena to change peoples tires

Edited by Havana
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Havana said:

When i tried out low grip tires, my first thought was tyre wear. Those should wear out after half an hour if you use them hard. Maybe they could slowly tick down the health of the vehicle, which would cause you to go to LSC for a "tyre change"?

That would add some counterbalance, making them effective only for a shorter period of time, putting increased pressure on you to evade before that time is up. Could also give LSC some business parking down at the drift arena to change peoples tires

i'd say make this into its own suggestion as some people might like it, the only thing i have to say is that the low grip tires are very powerful on the straights but as soon as it comes to a  corner you pretty much have to slow down to 20 km/h to prevent spinning out. meaning the police could easily pit you and cause you to stall.