Cyrus Raven

Basic Script support is a MUST to foster good roleplay

As most of you have read here:

There have been significant rule changes made, not only that, but further clarifications on what the staff team want to see roleplay wise from the community! All of this is great so far, but (yeah I know, there is always a but 😄 ) I couldn't help but notice the following statement ''You need to mix your gameplay up - you need to add creativity to your gameplay and create roleplay. Not everything can or will be scripted.''

I personally, 100% agree with this statement. At the end of the day this is a roleplay server and roleplay opportunities are mainly player driven. Developers can't script every little thing. However, I do wish that in the near future basic script support to further enable these player created RP opportunities are added. Whether it is the new bank system devs are working on or a completely new overhaul to the current businesses/factions script. Giving players the ability to scriptly create and manage businesses and then having the IC element of recruitment, paying whatever fees are necessary (through the business bureau), etc... is vital and contributes to a fun roleplay environment.

All this to say, yes, not EVERYTHING will be scripted, I think it's naïve to expect this to be the case. However, this community and the developers in specific should strive to create basic scripts that more easily allow player ran roleplay opportunities. I won't mention other communities considering the advertisement rule, but whether it is competitors within RageMP/FiveM or old SAMP servers where a lot of us come from, we all know these basic scripts are possible, they exist and they do provide an easier path for a better, player ran, roleplay experience. I might even go far enough to insinuate that perhaps the reason why the state of the server got worse over time and became more ''cops vs robbers'' style is due to the lack player tools to create their own roleplay. Saying ''create roleplay'' is all well and good (and as stated before, totally agree), BUT I believe this should be accompanied by base line script support that enables this. 

New rules means new opportunities to mold the community into an experience that puts roleplay above all, let's make sure the necessary tools to support this goal are also added. Right now ALL civilian jobs are boring as all hell, businesses should be easier to create and manage (Example: not having city hall ask people to spend MILLIONS of dollars on an ''office'' otherwise they can't create businesses) and criminal players should rightly be given more avenues to explore besides driving from chop shop to chop shop, so give them more to do, don't put all the burden of good roleplay on the player, equally support it with meaningful updates where the focus is allowing players to create their own roleplay.

Edited by Cyrus Raven
  • Like 5

Very good suggestion. As simple as it may seem it most definitely would foster good roleplay as mentioned in the title. The introduction of more player owned businesses would be beneficial for everyone, it being a restaurant or a packaging company used as a legal front to launder money it would most definitely foster good roleplay. The economy is in a bad place as of right now, the staff team pushed out a few raffles to flush some money out but not to an extent the economy would be balanced out. Coming back to the roleplay side of thing I always imagined and hoped a money laundering system would come to life where criminals could choose to launder their money before depositing it or risk authorities getting them in the act. Deposits weighing from $100,000 to $1,000,000 would catch the eye of the government, where is this money coming from and can law enforcement act on that? Tax evasion is a big thing in the US and the IRS holds no prisoners, if a similar system would be implemented where the government or a division within the LSPD (DVSD for example) could investigate such occurrences people would be forced to opt out to roleplay with business owners to launder their money. A money laundering system that is not centralized would be a massive step in the right direction to expand criminal roleplay and allow more interaction between players, law enforcement, criminal or civilian.

A stock market system similar to the one in GTAO would be very nice as well and could be used as a passive money flush, stocks can rise or fall and you can gain or lose money based on your ownership of them, pretty simple, no explanation is necessary. Player ran organizations, sports leagues or institutions is a way to expand civilian roleplay and not make it bland. GTA has implemented Formula 1 race cars, why not implement a player ran league where people can apply and participate in it to win money? Introduce a skydiving association, player ran as well, players fly, players skydive. Introduce real estate agencies, player ran. The possibilities are limitless, most of these could be achievable through Player Faction applications and threads but people seem to lack the motivation to do so, and would rather opt out for a gang or law enforcement.

• Like 1

I agree with this suggestion to. While it is always amazing for cops and criminals to have updates, the most important player on the server is not the cop nor the criminal. It's the actual player (group-less, new starter, civilian, citizen, pedestrian, blue collar, white collar worker, wage worker). IRL majority of the population is made of this type of "player" not cops and robbers thankfully....

There have been many many suggestions being made by the community to focus primarily on citizen roleplay, and I also VERY much agree that basic general scripts if added can drastically improve the CIVILIAN roleplay, and thereby take this community away from being a cops and robbers server, to AN WHOLE OTHER WORLD, a virtual world of business, commerce, prosperity, lawsuits, greed, grind, friendships, companionship. 

Cops and Criminal ROLEPLAY should become secondary to the server, not a primary.

Scripts where the common activities are available for player use, 

- Buying parachutes from the shop down by Mount Chiliad,

- Buying a hammer/tool from the Hardware Superstore to put up furniture.

- Driving a variety of boats with friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, groupies, whatever floats one's boat....

CIVILIAN ROLEPLAY/OPPORTUNITIES can be endless. Just with these simple amenities being made available in the server will give players more to do than the cop and criminal activities.

Yes majority of the roleplay is made mainly by the player, but only so much roleplay can be done with the scripted opportunities available. 

Allow civilians to purchase flashlights, bats, golf clubs, pool sticks.

- Allow players to use an UMBRELLA (Lol?) for when it rains and they don't want to get WET.

• Like 3

I've been trying to think of a way to create some kind of universal script support system that could help improve RP and had random thought on it for one source of RP.

I saw something in an RP mod for another game that I thought was a really cool idea. It allows players to 'create' items, name them, and add their own RP descriptions to the items. These items, you could select any amount of icons, you could list ingredients, you could even combine items to create said item and they would be listed in the description, in addition to the crafter of the item. While often these items wouldn't 'do' anything, they contributed to a bit of RP. This could be expanded upon though, people could create actual furniture items with wood items, hunting and ores, in addition maybe electronics with ores and oils.

A whole crafting system could easily expand RP as well as easily open a market for items, gathering and allow additional crafting. "Custom Items" would not really be operational, but you could create a custom name and description.

Additional ideas of course are great from the previous posts. I'd like to see players be able to create the items though and have their own vendors.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 12:44 AM, Percival said:

I agree with this suggestion to. While it is always amazing for cops and criminals to have updates, the most important player on the server is not the cop nor the criminal. It's the actual player (group-less, new starter, civilian, citizen, pedestrian, blue collar, white collar worker, wage worker). IRL majority of the population is made of this type of "player" not cops and robbers thankfully....

There have been many many suggestions being made by the community to focus primarily on citizen roleplay, and I also VERY much agree that basic general scripts if added can drastically improve the CIVILIAN roleplay, and thereby take this community away from being a cops and robbers server, to AN WHOLE OTHER WORLD, a virtual world of business, commerce, prosperity, lawsuits, greed, grind, friendships, companionship. 

Cops and Criminal ROLEPLAY should become secondary to the server, not a primary.

Scripts where the common activities are available for player use, 

- Buying parachutes from the shop down by Mount Chiliad,

- Buying a hammer/tool from the Hardware Superstore to put up furniture.

- Driving a variety of boats with friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, groupies, whatever floats one's boat....

CIVILIAN ROLEPLAY/OPPORTUNITIES can be endless. Just with these simple amenities being made available in the server will give players more to do than the cop and criminal activities.

Yes majority of the roleplay is made mainly by the player, but only so much roleplay can be done with the scripted opportunities available. 

Allow civilians to purchase flashlights, bats, golf clubs, pool sticks.

- Allow players to use an UMBRELLA (Lol?) for when it rains and they don't want to get WET.

I think Percival is full of great ideas here.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:44 AM, Cyrus Raven said:

As most of you have read here:

There have been significant rule changes made, not only that, but further clarifications on what the staff team want to see roleplay wise from the community! All of this is great so far, but (yeah I know, there is always a but 😄 ) I couldn't help but notice the following statement ''You need to mix your gameplay up - you need to add creativity to your gameplay and create roleplay. Not everything can or will be scripted.''

I personally, 100% agree with this statement. At the end of the day this is a roleplay server and roleplay opportunities are mainly player driven. Developers can't script every little thing. However, I do wish that in the near future basic script support to further enable these player created RP opportunities are added. Whether it is the new bank system devs are working on or a completely new overhaul to the current businesses/factions script. Giving players the ability to scriptly create and manage businesses and then having the IC element of recruitment, paying whatever fees are necessary (through the business bureau), etc... is vital and contributes to a fun roleplay environment.

All this to say, yes, not EVERYTHING will be scripted, I think it's naïve to expect this to be the case. However, this community and the developers in specific should strive to create basic scripts that more easily allow player ran roleplay opportunities. I won't mention other communities considering the advertisement rule, but whether it is competitors within RageMP/FiveM or old SAMP servers where a lot of us come from, we all know these basic scripts are possible, they exist and they do provide an easier path for a better, player ran, roleplay experience. I might even go far enough to insinuate that perhaps the reason why the state of the server got worse over time and became more ''cops vs robbers'' style is due to the lack player tools to create their own roleplay. Saying ''create roleplay'' is all well and good (and as stated before, totally agree), BUT I believe this should be accompanied by base line script support that enables this. 

New rules means new opportunities to mold the community into an experience that puts roleplay above all, let's make sure the necessary tools to support this goal are also added. Right now ALL civilian jobs are boring as all hell, businesses should be easier to create and manage (Example: not having city hall ask people to spend MILLIONS of dollars on an ''office'' otherwise they can't create businesses) and criminal players should rightly be given more avenues to explore besides driving from chop shop to chop shop, so give them more to do, don't put all the burden of good roleplay on the player, equally support it with meaningful updates where the focus is allowing players to create their own roleplay.

I like this but in most cases when you get pretty creative and try to come with new In depth & interesting RP, you are hit with "it's alt RP if it is not script supported " , which is an unwritten rule and has such a grey area, and kind of limits and stops good roleplay from happening, I feel like that needs some looking-into and needs to be written and more specific as it is VERY VERY VERY rare that you report in game for a senior admin and get a response let alone get the approval

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.