Chief Pupui

[Suggestion] Official Gang Turf System + Hideouts

2RLI7r3OC9p1Dn3AUx4cJrkvVQ4UGKEnq1pcw0B8nyMc4cd1lFgFVLd2KuufxFdq1MclomZmXMajUkUXfpzAslQJ8wXSMw4tun_nYEWustUqFSEwPwQE8IxHW6zUl33lQMLEYMFs

Chief Pupui’s desires from a Official Gang System

So I’m pretty vocal at times about criminal issues. With the official gangs system coming out I hoped to comment on the features that official gangs would have and what would make a genuinely better system then we have now.

Just making some gangs official would be nothing more than a re-skin. What the Official Gangs (Henceforth referred to as the OGs) must have is a set of unique features that make them appealing for players to join and become part of while also producing quality roleplay befitting of their position.

They must also have a set of reasons for conflicting with other gangs and OGs that are unique to themselves, and drive player conflict. As well as that, currently gangs literally go to war for the sake of it; and have to make OOC agreements to not just put hours of work onto one another just to annoy each other mildly. A revisit to this will also be needed.

As such, I offer the following proposals

Turf

Currently turfs are set out in a series of small capturable locations for all gangs. For ease of explanation to the number of players who have no interaction with these turfs on their characters I shall lay out a map here. (Produced by @biglag)

k5VeCD-JHqsqLfMNScq1u25M_PEykN3bKITenX5nN4sJqdBCYB5bDhDW9ztqUSxf3XHq88cgKZb-mch8pZOo_j7lWxYs4Q2bepM-guZhp5F7q2grDB4V29gCHCkimq6I_1IQnX-K

Ultimately, they allowed for factions to capture warehouses where they could run their criminal enterprise. However, they had many issues which I’ll list out.

• The territories did not reflect often the gang’s culture.
  • The territories were almost entirely OOC, and by no means had facilities to promote RP.
  • Conflict over them was often laborious due to the high time for capping.
  • However, it wasn’t too long that you couldn’t get ghost capped without you online if you were European focused as a gang and the other was american, you could do it without resistant if you timed it right.
  • And lastly, it caused all sorts of drama due to the stupidly high cost of it all.

I’m sure you could pose a few issues. I just don’t think they made for fun gameplay or roleplay elements and thus posit that they should be entirely replaced.

Instead, this is my map for turfs and a new set of mechanics.

KRongxVS9BHomlYtw4jm185hrCWmomBpcyh-e215f4rRo0rTFmN9Tj0MnFjtc7iqwwjH2KykCEvXHc4Ocf34QjP-I58VfmWJWGzdrH3zrRDrd3o2YdLR9QYIfOTNveGqPeA8hZmV

Legend: Red = Triad, Green = Families, Purple = Ballas, Yellow = Vagos, Blue = MCs

So what are the new mechanics I have up my sleeve you might ask? Well, I’ll bullet point ‘em now and make a section on each one.

• RP hubs, or ‘Gang Hideouts’
  • Resource Node Capture point system

So let's begin with the RP hubs.

Hideouts

ZMo9YYbPeD3Bp6BDHQGZAX_A7LS3bBpRCl-74vni7lUxmGso1sHdQ4QjSNBupP8pH_qPZuvWHCOKnk2uCuagetWasJqVO7WRGdQItMbV75QDzyjt7ItWekpvwL3VCLWbiEnYsr0K

The RP hubs are a proposal for interiors able to be set up for buildings that don’t usually have interiors inside of gang turfs. These would be locations that are set by high ranking gang members once every 24 hours.

They would boast a number of facilities for gangs to perform their operations. An ATM, a full warehouse functionality and a gambling spot among other things. Be they just another copy of tequilala’s interior or some other idea ultimately they would be a location where gangs can gather and RP out stuff while being able to offer their services to the people of los santos.

A lack of RP hubs for criminals has often been the reason we have seen the mechanic shops turn into hives of scum and villany. Instead, the gang’s should own their own hives of scum and villany.

To make the in-game mechanics clear here

Each OG has 1 hideout that they can place at any one time, and when they do the old one is deleted. They may do this by performing a command like /og sethideout.

This would be an invisible marker just like the little yellow circles on the floor for entering mechanic’s offices, but invisible. Upon approaching you could just press y to enter the door, and if your faction gives you the privilege press k to lock the door.

y1SH4Ogm6PJr-QZj_QQxbSrv54ggx0T46yQOgwye7bu_BuxElHgHy2C_2x5cGJwTB5C4foKlftfSIWTjH-VeiWO0APaF2g1lgEJf_KaiygoDW-_0ZU75bNR8EmECxMkQo_WhPOiI

https://gyazo.com/ad8c59d0228367386ffc58bf28d81a33

There is a nice little example.

But in short, a official gang hideout that offers:

• ATM Services
  • Gambling
  • A warehouse laptop
  • Enough space to RP and an interior worthy of RPing in. And a lockable door that does allow other players from other factions or no faction at all from entering.
  • Can be moved once every 24 hours.
  • The entrance is invisible, the 30 cars parked around the entrance probably aren’t and people can figure out the entrance by just looking around and seeing where the cars are.
  • Not mentioned earlier, but you can only put these hideouts in the boundaries of your OG’s turf. Also, your OG’s turf isn’t up for capture anymore.

Resource Nodes

e_KI2m9trBNTNjj149V7iLWgm0UtTawbmTbroy_RA3c1qYri4fxLa8YcqI-Se60EoD7KQP3JTK53tMEzrVcrkf8nk_V9Nqxb9v26MlTthKir3S8ogn4jAxSCFDx_pbs1x8ns7koj

The resource point capture system is basically a evolution of the turf capture system. Instead of it being a network of 3 capture points linked together instead there is a variety of nodes across the map that can be captured and generate resources or money for your OG.

Here is a list of the 2 resources I thought were appropriate:

• Money Generation Points: Generated 15k every 2 hours per point for your OG’s bank when you control them. There will be 3 in total.
  • Ammunition Generation Points: Each ammo generation point produces 210 rounds of SMG or AR ammo, or 48 shotgun shells every 2 hours. There will be one point per ammo type, and they will send this ammo straight to your hideout warehouse.

Now, I shall explain the reasoning why I have proposed these two types of nodes.

First of all, the money node is very simply set out as a way for gangs to make cash to fund members. Gangs currently have a hard time for the average member to actually make a buck, as usually its condensed at a couple high profile figures who do all the deals and have warehouse access.

15k per 2 hours might sound steep, but when you consider that you have maybe 20 active members to fund then it starts becoming more a little top up. However, when it gets to the point when you have 3 nodes then you’re talking about real cash. 45k per 2 hours for the faction is a few meals for the injured, a decent amount of drugs and maybe a stocked gun.

Capture times for these nodes however would be severely reduced and have only a 2 hour cooldown. In sync with when they generate their cash. Perhaps only 5k health if they go off the old capture point system.

This would mean that actually monopolizing these capture points would be near impossible with other competing gangs wanting them.

No_Monopoly.jpg

Ammo nodes are much the same. They aren’t actually that much ammo at all but are roughly equivalent to the money nodes. However they do provide a small amount to top up gangs with resources for fights. Every single fight the criminals get into is usually just a gigantic money sink for bullets. (I did the math, the main money sink in the server is weapon ammunition, food & fuel.)

As such, it's merely a small boost to their total income to keep them running but something they’re going to want to keep hold of.

This will provoke gang conflict, as these resource nodes are easy to take from one another. This will stop the grand alliances we saw before.

Some final notes…

narcos-pic-890x395.jpg

Ultimately, I think this would be a overall better turf system for the official gangs when the big release comes out and hope it provokes some better features that are more interesting from a game perspective.

I’ve tried to balance them out to a reasonable degree, and I know that the very idea that criminals get any sort of features will annoy sections of the player base but it's also fair to note that criminals are close to 50% of the playerbase.

Anyways, please feel free to post your comments and ideas.

Edited by Chief Pupui
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I really like the idea, but I have 2 suggestions.

1. 15k per 2 hours seems alot, maybe it should start at lower ammount at start and once we see how the gangs roll, we can increase ( this is in no way saying that it will be 15k anyway)

2. Give admins easy access to disable nodes, lets say that 1 or 2 faction leaders go inactive for little bit and factions activity slows down, each other remaining faction could easily take over the turfs, getting loads of money/ammo. With admins seeing that a faction is semi inactive, they could easily disable certain nodes, to prevent monopoly and huge gains for other factions

Just now, OsamaBigLag said:

1. 15k per 2 hours seems alot, maybe it should start at lower ammount at start and once we see how the gangs roll, we can increase ( this is in no way saying that it will be 15k anyway)

2. Give admins easy access to disable nodes, lets say that 1 or 2 faction leaders go inactive for little bit and factions activity slows down, each other remaining faction could easily take over the turfs, getting loads of money/ammo. With admins seeing that a faction is semi inactive, they could easily disable certain nodes, to prevent monopoly and huge gains for other factions

Both good ideas. I would argue that them getting 15k a hour is rather different for criminals compared to PD, MD or any other faction because they don't have running costs like the OGs do. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Government factions with 25 members get roughly $170k an hour. I think $15k an hour would be reasonable enough to split up between even 10 gang members. They would make around $1.3k an hour, after cutting out running costs, and would still make welfare. The only way gang members could make as much as a government faction is if they display strategic advantages in obtaining multiple resource nodes and maintaining them as their own. I think the idea could work out quite well.

+1 +1 +1 +1+1 +1 +1 +1+1 +1 +1 +1+1 +1 +1 +1

Honestly speaking, this update sounds perfect.

Criminal factions have been on the decrease in the last bit. There is no reward for becoming a criminal, money is hard to make unless you have millionaire OG's providing for you.

This update would greatly increase the reward in becoming a criminal, and would give the PD a little challenge!

WE NEED THIS UPDATE!

1 hour ago, NoewUH said:

Honestly speaking, this update sounds perfect.

Criminal factions have been on the decrease in the last bit. There is no reward for becoming a criminal, money is hard to make unless you have millionaire OG's providing for you.

This update would greatly increase the reward in becoming a criminal, and would give the PD a little challenge!

WE NEED THIS UPDATE!

Honestly, there shouldnt be a reward for being a criminal, but rather a reward for being a GOOD criminal. Still tho, yeah.

1 minute ago, InvalidSun said:

Honestly, there shouldnt be a reward for being a criminal, but rather a reward for being a GOOD criminal. Still tho, yeah.

If you are accepted into an official faction (same idea as PD, MD, and mechanics shops) and maintain a respectful rank within these groups which hold RP to a high-standard, I believe you should be fiscally rewarded in some sense.

1 hour ago, NoewUH said:

If you are accepted into an official faction (same idea as PD, MD, and mechanics shops) and maintain a respectful rank within these groups which hold RP to a high-standard, I believe you should be fiscally rewarded in some sense.

You literally just repeated what I said in more detailed words.

Not sure what I think about this idea. It's just really hard to see how it turns out. I defiantly support any idea that makes criminal RP more fun, creates RP and makes being a gang member interesting. I don't think the bonus should be fifteen grand at the start because of the current player base. I think it should start a lot lower and then start going up along with the playerbase.

Edited by Perfectum

2 hours ago, Perfectum said:

Not sure what I think about this idea. It's just really hard to see how it turns out. I defiantly support any idea that makes criminal RP more fun, creates RP and makes being a gang member interesting. I don't think the bonus should be fifteen grand at the start because of the current player base. I think it should start a lot lower and then start going up along with the playerbase.

Discussed before, but most official factions get 6 per hour per player per hour. 

15k sounds like a lot, but in reality its very little. And it also faces the fact that criminals have LOTS of up front costs, including fines, etc. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.