Rukicake

Manual ads system

Most of the time i try to post an ads there are 0 news reporters on duty or whenever there is 1 or 2 they never appear. so my suggestion today is for players to be able to make an ads at news agency when there are 1 or less reporters on duty. This is going to give the agency the chance to do news reports and articles more etc. This topic is for discussion and it was an random idea that hit me. lets discuss this here. and of course for abusers they should be punished oocly and there should be a xp limit like 10k + to do a manual ads.

• NAY 1

Most of the time i try to post an ads there are 0 news reporters on duty or whenever there is 1 or 2 they never appear. so my suggestion today is for players to be able to make an ads at news agency when there are 1 or less reporters on duty. This is going to give the agency the chance to do news reports and articles more etc. This topic is for discussion and it was an random idea that hit me. lets discuss this here. and of course for abusers they should be punished oocly and there should be a xp limit like 10k + to do a manual ads.

There has been something similar to this roughly a year ago. Players who had active VIP membership were able to post ads like weazel but it got removed due to Non-RP abuse. Everyone has problems with the timezone and lack of factions members on duty. It is something you should cope with.

I think there is a deeper problem here and honestly just letting anyone post ads would not turn out well.

What the problem is that clearly people do not see the point in working in weazel, and other legal jobs are having a similar issue. Weazel has only 32 people on the faction roster, which is the lowest legal job faction on the server. To give some comparison, you have Bayview with 37, which lately has seen a decrease in activity, DCC has close to 100, but you do not see high numbers of taxi drivers, unless during an event they are doing.

So the problem is that there is no incentive for people to actually work at Weazel and this is something that both staff and developers need to work on to create an environment where working for legal jobs (im ignoring PD on this part due to significant difference in what the faction does) is worth it. 

-1 I think it would be very unfair on Weazel News as a faction to allow anyone to put ads out. It could make their service less used, and ruin their RP experience as a news company. It seems more like a internal IC issue to lack of on duty reporters, and the way to combat it, is far from making it harder for them. 

+1 with the idea, however, I feel that you should only be able to make your own ad whenever there is no weazel employees on duty.

Think of it like citybee's. You're only able to use them whenever there are no taxi drivers on duty.

Indeed this could be cool. But I would also recommend a higher price for the ad and just like /vnn in the past; some rules attached to it.

-1 on requesting ads and them being sent right away.

Bleets used to be a thing in the past that was all too often abused or not relevant to RP and too often illegal. Since it was an IC broadcast, it was unrealistic. If we were to add a new system today that could help, I'd like to see a better request system, that doesn't always require an employee to be on the spot or online with you.

• Open Weazel News App (support this one!) 
  • Click a [Request] button. This will show how many reporters are on duty.
    • [Request Reporter] Forwards your location and phone number, so they have the option to call you as well.
    • [Submit Request] Gives you a text entry box, so you can submit your request in full detail.
  • Weazel News Employee can look over these requests with maybe with a command /wnr, approve and send charges and give a call if they need to discuss further.
Edited by Xoza
  • Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.