Sam Axe

Adding more weapons and equipment to amunation

today im suggesting adding shotguns, muskets, and m4's into amunation. i know gangs are gonna see this and go "oh woe is me, this is a terrible idea. civilians should only get anything from us. Massive -1) but hear me out. currently to get a gun from there to begin with you have to have a clean background so its already restricted and only legal gun buys are allowed. plenty of people in real life have these and way more types of guns and it would add a bit more fun into the game. these arent only for self defense but here are the guns i think we could agree realistically should be added for sale legally and have completely legal uses (as long as you have a firearms license).

Pistols: Ceramic Pistol, Heavy Revolver, Flare Gun. 

Rifles: M4, Musket,

Shotguns: Pump Shotgun

Melee: Manchette and Calvary Knife

Sniper Rifles: Sniper Rifle, (Would be a rule where this and the musket are only allowed to be used for hunting and would be against the rules to use them against a player)

Equipment: Flares

there shouldnt be much reason not to add these to amunation as i can see only 1 argument. 

"bad idea to give civilians access to heavy weapons". the only way civilians can even get guns at amunation is if they have a firearms license. to argue these items cant be trusted to people is kinda silly since if you ever use them to commit a crime and get caught, they are taken away and you loose all legal ability to own a firearm. just like how firearms are available for people already but we dont see legal firearms being used in crimes, (atleast often) this totally confirms giving legal access wont cause a large spike in illegal crime. the rifle is a long shot, no pun intended. im more aiming, again no pun intended, for the musket. these should be allowed for hunting and may cut down on people using cars and bikes to chase down animals as the normal rifle has thermal scopes which would make people actually go on foot to hunt rather than chasing pigs and rats on motorcycles. pump shotguns or atleast double barrel's should be available but no other shotguns to civilians as self defense weapons against house raids and robberies. finally the m4, i dont think its a necessity and honestly wouldnt want it to be added but it could have rp instances where it could be helpful such as, hunting, sports shooting, or even self defense in ones home/property. for the flare gun and flares i think they should be added and could be used by players if they are down. this allows for people to better direct ems or other emergency services if they go down on a mountain, secluded beech or somewhere really hard to find even with a blimp. we already have a .50 so there isnt a reason to not add the heavy revolver as it has 2x the damage but half the fire rate. it would basically just make people choose between faster fire but less speed or vice versa. 

Someone brought up an extremely good point that people could just begin reporting Firearms lost or stolen and could flood the market eventually. For that reason if this was implemented I would recommend implementing a system along with it where, once you buy a gun a timer begins set for somewhere between 7 or 14 days in Real Life Time before you could purchase a gun again for that slot. If say for example, you bought a gun and then bought another two days later you would be able to buy 2 Firearms again but only after the 12th day and then the 14th day after the original purchases whether you have them or not

Edited by Sam Axe
Added cooldown suggestion
  • Like 1

The firearm license is being abused so much and floating the market with heavy licensed firearms is very stupid in my opinion. 
Even in real life if you are permitted to carry a firearm it gives you the privilege to own a handgun or a shotgun, not an assault rifle. Of course it depends on where you live and what district. I don't want to be rude but honestly, seeing your last suggestions it just look like you're trying to create easy ways for yourself and others to obtain such things and not actually work for them and make connections, which is my opinion disables so many RP opportunities. 

Everything in the server must be monitored and supervised, and I believe the current system is yet the best I have seen. I agree that it could have some adjustments but overall the black market is working great. I myself never had a problem obtaining a connection with a dealer who could provide me with stuff, you just need to find the right people. The server has enough types of guns, no need to add more and make it an RPG server.

The firearm license is being abused so much and floating the market with heavy licensed firearms is very stupid in my opinion. 
Even in real life if you are permitted to carry a firearm it gives you the privilege to own a handgun or a shotgun, not an assault rifle. Of course it depends on where you live and what district. I don't want to be rude but honestly, seeing your last suggestions it just look like you're trying to create easy ways for yourself and others to obtain such things and not actually work for them and make connections, which is my opinion disables so many RP opportunities. 

Everything in the server must be monitored and supervised, and I believe the current system is yet the best I have seen. I agree that it could have some adjustments but overall the black market is working great. I myself never had a problem obtaining a connection with a dealer who could provide me with stuff, you just need to find the right people. The server has enough types of guns, no need to add more and make it an RPG server.

i have a few characters. some civi, law, gang and small crim. im not trying to make the game better for myself but make it better for the community. part of the reason i left a long time ago was gangs dominate everything. unless you join them your basicly f'd in the wanting to just play for fun. im more of a realism rp kinda guy, i think rp should be as close to life as possible and still be fun. it just pains me to see ecrp restricting 80% of the game for people unless you join a gang. and im not sure if you meant that or not "The firearm license is being abused so much and floating the market with heavy licensed firearms is very stupid in my opinion. " if you meant currently its allowing people to get heavy weapons, your wrong. they currently are not available to the public. but even you have to agree that when confronted with making something fun for 90 people but piss off 10, or make 10 people happy and piss off 90. for a rp community they need to choose what keeps people playing and coming back. limiting things unless your in a gang and even then still not having realistic access causes people to leave and not come back

Of course you'd need to join a gang, what do you think? Show me a simple person who has no power, no men, who is nobody in the city that can provide such firearms and many other things? Nobody. If you want to be able to provide those you need to have power in the city and have strong enough connections. 

Of course you'd need to join a gang, what do you think? Show me a simple person who has no power, no men, who is nobody in the city that can provide such firearms and many other things? Nobody. If you want to be able to provide those you need to have power in the city and have strong enough connections. 

actually, if you want a list of people who had no power and no gang dependencies or even connections here you go: Ted Kaczynski, Timothy McVeign, Ralph Guarino, Sarkis Soghanalian, Kenneth Barnes, Larry Phillips,Ermil Matasareanu. these were found in less than 5 minutes doing a google search. those are a few out of endless results. those last 2 names likely dont ring a bell but they are a perfect example of how 2 people with no power can take control of a entire city with no help or contact with gangs. they were the people who did the infamous hollywood shootout. 

On July 20, 1993, Phillips and Mătăsăreanu robbed an armored car outside a branch of FirstBank in Littleton, Colorado.[8] On October 29, they were arrested in Glendale, northeast of Los Angeles, for speeding.[9] A subsequent search of their vehicle – after Phillips surrendered with a concealed weapon – found two semi-automatic rifles, two handguns, more than 1,600 rounds of 7.62×39mm rifle ammunition, 1,200 rounds of 9×19mm Parabellum and .45 ACP handgun ammunition, radio scanners, smoke bombs, improvised explosive devices, body armor vests, and three different California license plates.[10] Initially charged with conspiracy to commit robbery,[11] both served 100 days in jail and were placed on three years of probation.[12] After their release, most of their seized property was returned to them, except for the confiscated firearms and explosives.[13] 

On the morning of February 28, 1997, after months of preparation, including extensive reconnoitering of their intended target – the Bank of America branch located at 6600 Laurel Canyon Boulevard – Phillips and Mătăsăreanu armed themselves with a semi automatic HK-91 and several illegally converted weapons: two Norinco Type 56 S rifles, a fully automatic Norinco Type 56 S-1, and a fully automatic Bushmaster XM15 Dissipator.[17]

The robbers filled a jam jar with gasoline and placed it in the back seat with the intention of setting the car and weapons on fire to destroy evidence after the robbery. Phillips wore roughly 40 pounds (18 kg) of equipment, including a Type IIIA bulletproof vest and groin guard; a load bearing vest with multiple military canteen pouches for ammunition storage; and several pieces of homemade body armor created from spare vests, covering his shins, thighs, and forearms.[18] Mătăsăreanu wore only a Type IIIA bulletproof vest, but included a metal trauma plate to protect vital organs. Additionally, each man had a watch sewn onto the back of one glove, in order to monitor their timing.[19] Before entering, they took the barbiturate phenobarbital, prescribed to Mătăsăreanu as a sedative, to calm their nerves.[20]

the kicker is in all of the robberies they bought everything legally at licensed retail stores and modified the items at home. they never had contact with gangs, smuglers or any criminals and like so many others committed such major acts they 5 or 20 years later are known by the world. not sure how we even got here over a simple discussion of allowing people ingame to simply buy legal guns at shops. lol(btw, a really good movie to watch to learn about the how much crime is done outside of gangs and crime families at least in arms dealing is "Lord of War". its fiction but the story has been said to be extremely dead on about how the global illegal arms trade actually works) 

big -1, the last thing we need is to grant the entire server easy access to heavy weapons. Like literally you are asking for stuff that would most likely make the server worse and in no way better. The musket is a 1 shot kill weapon, the sniper is not available to even the current criminals and is a delicacy of a heavy weapon only a few still have (even PD barely has access to it), revolver is OP, pretty sure flare gun is pointless due to sync but if sync was fixed it would be an insta kill again. At the end the market would literally be flooded with heavy weapons or more importantly, ammo.

big -1, the last thing we need is to grant the entire server easy access to heavy weapons. Like literally you are asking for stuff that would most likely make the server worse and in no way better. The musket is a 1 shot kill weapon, the sniper is not available to even the current criminals and is a delicacy of a heavy weapon only a few still have (even PD barely has access to it), revolver is OP, pretty sure flare gun is pointless due to sync but if sync was fixed it would be an insta kill again. At the end the market would literally be flooded with heavy weapons or more importantly, ammo.

Not sure that you read the post. At least in its entirety, like I said for the musket and sniper rifle it would be against server rules to use them against a player at any point in time. The only time you could use them against a player was if you got it illegally which means only gangs could get them to use against players just like the current system in place. Granted I didn't think about people using flare guns as weapons but I would strongly advice for a similar rule as with the sniper rifles to be applied to flare guns as it would be unrealistic to use them as a weapon. For the revolver though I don't see the harm. The .50 is a 3 shot kill weapon and the revolver is a two-shot weapon. The difference is the .50 is actually better. Currently the revolver does more damage but has a much slower fire rate than the .50 so the only time it would be beneficial would be if you were extremely accurate and don't miss a shot in a gun battle. It also has one less shot than the .50 so the revolver for the majority of people would be worse but I feel like a variety needs to be added. Personally I just don't see how the market could be flooded. When you have a license to buy firearms you can only get two anyway. Once you hit the limit you cannot purchase anymore unless they are stolen. So not sure how the market would be necessarily flooded but even if it was, the penalties for having the heavy weapons is much higher anyway then having a smaller weapon. This mean if somebody started reporting the guns as lost and getting more, this would only further the roleplay experience as the police will try to turn people into informants on this kind of thing. the fact of the high price, limited ability to purchase, rules to restrict when you can use them, and only people who have not committed any serious crime could buy them (unless from a gang). it would only be people who are not being implemented in a crime using these. I just don't see how it could be possible to have any negative consequences aside from an occasional shooting where someone is arrested and then loses the legal ability to buy them again

If this was to happen, every 9/10 people I see on the street will have a heavy weapon. It would just flood the server with a load of heavy weapons making it impossible to win gunfights if you don't have one yourself.

How can you argue that though? You can only buy them in the first place if you get a firearms license. That means you can't have a criminal record. How many people who don't have a criminal record are going to go through the effort to buy a gun and willingly risk losing that did you touch something that you could do with a handgun?

Happens now. With normal licensed pistols, they will try and milk the system and get as many heavies as they can. As an officer the amount of unlicensed pistols we find is insane and that from people HAVING  a license. Literally nearly everyone I arrest will have a pistol on them or in there car. The same would happen with heavy guns.

You were saying for us to have a license for some of the heavies. It would just be a ridiculous idea and everyone would have them, licensed or not.

Not a license but a rule, just like fear RP or death matching. For the sniper rifle and musket they would only be allowed for hunting and would not be allowed to be used to attack a player. That would counter people using Vehicles across the hunting ground basically chasing down Rats on the side of a mountain. If you don't agree about the other things do you at least agree that something like this should be added? What could be the harm if it was an actual rule saying it could only be used for hunting?

Happens now. With normal licensed pistols, they will try and milk the system and get as many heavies as they can. As an officer the amount of unlicensed pistols we find is insane and that from people HAVING  a license. Literally nearly everyone I arrest will have a pistol on them or in there car. The same would happen with heavy guns.

Now that you point that out I can see that could be a problem. What if a cool-down timer was implemented. Once a firearm was purchased it would not matter if it was stolen, lost, or destroyed in any way but you would be unable to purchase another firearm for 1 week IRL time starting at the moment you buy the gun? And then once a certain amount of firearms had been lost, even with that timer. you would eventually lose access to your firearms license as you are a higher risk. Would you agree that would be a good solution?

Edited by Sam Axe

Bro, and how do you think they obtained these firearms and weapons? They found a connection, someone who can provide them some. Therefore is why only gangs can provide heavies to the server.

So let me get this straight. Your argument is that if people have access to them they will be used illegally which would be a problem. So the solution is to totally restrict the legal sale and only allow illegal sales?

So you want to add guns that would need OOC regulation on usage? Dunno if you have ever experienced this, but people get robbed, which would make the guns illegally obtained. You want to shoot someone, but can't with your gun? Just buy a gun with a friend, swap guns - illegally obtained.

I should have been more specific in the original suggestion, it wouldn't work like that. The sniper rifle and musket would only be allowed for hunting. That would be the server rule similar to Deathmatching (stolen or not they could not be used against players). The Marksman rifle would still only be importable by gangs or police just like the current system. By illegally obtained I was more meaning to illegally bringing it into existence in the first place such as importing but that would only be for heavy Weaponry outside of the sniper rifle and musket. That's why I said I would be against adding the M4 unless it was a similar rule for civilian use where it can only be used in your home or on your private property unless you were part of a gang. There are already rules regulating when people can use hand guns to defend themselves so why not apply something like that and add the sniper rifle and musket for hunting and shotguns (and maybe m4's which im against) to only be able to be used in close quarters such as Interiors or again hunting unless your part of an official gang faction or you got it from one.

Edited by Sam Axe

You really want it to be a DM server so people will get everything from gun stores? That suggestion is ridiculous

How on Earth would it turn into a deathmatch in server? We already have basic guns for sale and shotguns are already im portable bike gangs. If rifles were added they would only be allowed to be used for hunting as a server rule. Staying it would turn it into a deathmatch in a server makes no sense at all. These items are already in the game and if anything it would actually stop some of the weapon crime since you can't get weapons as quickly anymore even if it's stolen. Shotguns are already sold to players by gangs and there isn't an issue. So why would any of that turn it into a deathmatch in server if the features are already allowed? The only thing I'm suggesting is too literally add two handguns, restrict how quickly people can get guns, add players, add a sniper rifle but can only be used against animals to prevent people from using motorcycles to chase down Rats on a Mountainside, and allow people to buy shotguns but they would only be allowed to use them for self defense on their property unless they're part of a gang or police. In What scenario with those rules could possibly turn it into a deathmatch of server?

• Like 1

I firmly believe the firearms license and the access it gives as of right now is completely fine, however, small, but useful additions could be made such as the introduction and legalization of the flashlight weapon modification, it is merely a cosmetic addition with the only pro being that it emits light, increasing target/object visibility while pointing your weapon. Realistically, the majority of the US has access to weapon modifications such as rails, bump stocks, extended magazines (with exception), scopes and so on, but I believe these should be reserved just to criminals as it provides advantage in certain situations, and it is made like that purposefully. The recent update allows criminals to get body armor for the price of $10,000 which I find ridiculous, I mean I got it the second I could but I feel in a few months time when people settle well with money you'll have people driving drags with body armor on, civilians at the bank and NCZs wearing them purely cosmetically and even government workers such as MD and LSC utilizing them at their work space, highly unrealistic in my opinion. Snipers, muskets, flare guns and addition of other weapons are a huge no from me, people hunting want to make money, not to spend money on ammo and guns just to pay it back with their meat, I get it, roleplay, but you would only have people utilizing them as criminal tools, I can already see people abusing this. Flare guns are unnecessary, even if they're inducted in the server they should serve as an illegally obtainable item, I hardly see it being utilized by civilians for any purpose (maybe MD for MEDEVAC  calls?).

Overall, big no to snipers, muskets, shotguns and flares, the machete in my opinion could be a decent addition but would serve no purpose as a roleplay tool, we already have a hatchet and I believe that is enough, I am a fan of diversity and having a plethora of options to choose from, but I really do not see it happening.

I firmly believe the firearms license and the access it gives as of right now is completely fine, however, small, but useful additions could be made such as the introduction and legalization of the flashlight weapon modification, it is merely a cosmetic addition with the only pro being that it emits light, increasing target/object visibility while pointing your weapon. Realistically, the majority of the US has access to weapon modifications such as rails, bump stocks, extended magazines (with exception), scopes and so on, but I believe these should be reserved just to criminals as it provides advantage in certain situations, and it is made like that purposefully. The recent update allows criminals to get body armor for the price of $10,000 which I find ridiculous, I mean I got it the second I could but I feel in a few months time when people settle well with money you'll have people driving drags with body armor on, civilians at the bank and NCZs wearing them purely cosmetically and even government workers such as MD and LSC utilizing them at their work space, highly unrealistic in my opinion. Snipers, muskets, flare guns and addition of other weapons are a huge no from me, people hunting want to make money, not to spend money on ammo and guns just to pay it back with their meat, I get it, roleplay, but you would only have people utilizing them as criminal tools, I can already see people abusing this. Flare guns are unnecessary, even if they're inducted in the server they should serve as an illegally obtainable item, I hardly see it being utilized by civilians for any purpose (maybe MD for MEDEVAC  calls?).

Overall, big no to snipers, muskets, shotguns and flares, the machete in my opinion could be a decent addition but would serve no purpose as a roleplay tool, we already have a hatchet and I believe that is enough, I am a fan of diversity and having a plethora of options to choose from, but I really do not see it happening.

i could see your point on this. i hadent really considered the attachments but now after considering it i totally agree. i still think atleast muskets should be allowed for hunting (as long as a rule was added where it couldnt be used as a weapon against players)and the handguns should be added

I'm not a criminal but huge -1, there's already enough player who just buying ammo and abusing their firearm license, don't wanna see an M4 or shotgun behind everyone in the server, makes 0 sense, this is not a war zone.

but they wouldnt be able to abuse it. like i said above " once you buy a gun a timer begins set for somewhere between 7 or 14 days in Real Life Time before you could purchase a gun again for that slot. If say for example, you bought a gun and then bought another two days later you would be able to buy 2 Firearms again but only after the 12th day and then the 14th day after the original purchases whether you have them or not " that would cause less firearms license abuse and make gangs have more control over the gun trade

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.