Jleoni

Add Body Camera Item

- Body Camera item to the game
- UI Clearly shows if a bodycam is equipped, and wether or not it is recording (perhaps a small dot near the globes on bottom right, grey = no bodycam, red = not recording, green = recording)

Addition of commands
/destroyCamera (same usage as /takebattery)
/bcam (toggles camera on and off)
/chargeCam

Uses batteries (same as cellphone) 

Pros:
Removes the (really dumb) reliance on 
           /me turns on bodycam
           /do its recording
           /time 
           printscreen
and makes footage easy to see if it is admissible ICly

Cons:
None that I can see

• Upvote 3

Just make it an inventory item you can rightclick>on/off that displays a /ame or /me and not even bother with an inworld model.

This way it can be RPly hidden as well, unless you search the individual, then you can see they have a camera and rightclick>examine will tell if it's on/off, then rightclick>destroy.

Body camera object with following options.

• No equipped model, unless dropped (so it can be hidden)
  • Right click menu
    • Examine - if on, "Recording | Length of Recording"
    • Toggle
      • If On turn off, state recording length, /ame disables body camera.
      • If Off turn on, auto /time, /ame starts body camera.
    • Destroy - 5 second destroy timer.
    • Drop - drop on ground.
Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1

I'm going to +1 on this, but add in some stuff.

Due to the recent ruling about needing to RP buying a camera, and not just RPly taking one from seemingly nowhere and turning it on, I wanted to mention some things I was told when I first started RPing a camera as a civilian.

When I was first told about RPly turning on a camera for the ability to use it in game, I was told you had to buy a physical camera.
In the furniture store there is an ING Camera that I was told about and to buy that, so you spend money on it. So I have an ING Camera in my house on a tabletop.
RPly this is my body cam, but I do not physically carry it on my person as it is a furniture item and takes up 10 vol, so I carry it RPly.
Unfortunately this means if I get held up, when frisked the criminal does not see I am carrying one on my person when they use a generic

/me pats you down
/do able
/frisk

Unless they ask when frisking me, what they will find

/me pats you down checking for items on you or in your pockets 
/do would I find anything?
/frisk

I'm not sure I need to tell them one is on me on the generic one because they did not look.
Granted I have not been robbed frequently, and IIRC all but one of the few times I have been, I was killed. If they kill me, obviously I lose the footage, but because I do not really carry an item, I have just been acting like the SD Card is lost or erased, and the camera is with me when I wake up.

If we were to have the ING Camera turned in to a 2 vol item (instead of being the standard 10 vol like all furniture items), I would carry it on my person, and purchase a new one upon death as it would be lost.
Alternately, the OP's idea of introducing a new body cam item for you to purchase and carry would also work.

bodycam.png

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn

8 hours ago, Devil said:

-1 irl no one really wears a body cam i think it does not make since, maybe one for cops but for normal civilians it does not make since

I wear one as a civilian. I got a legal job later in my IC life, but I have ICly worn them for nearly my entire time in the city.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.