Pazz

Renaming VIP and Donator announcements

We all know that the announcements we get to use as VIPs or Donators are strictly IC, meaning that you can use them as advertisements as businesses, personal plugs to sell your vehicle etc. Now, what I’ve been thinking about is this; we are supposed to stick with IC and IC alone, yet the announcements are called.. “VIP Announcement” and “Donator”?

What I’ve come up with is a rather simple rename/recolor of those two announcements to a simple thing such as “tweets” to make it feel more ICly. I thought of this because Twitter has a system in place where there is regular tweets and promoted tweets which are paid for so that there is still a slight difference between the VIP and Donator announcements. It would be a bit like the following:

[VIP Announcement] John_Doe: (Message here)[Tweet] John_Doe: (Message here)

[Donator] John_Doe: (Message here)[Sponsored Tweet] John_Doe: (Message here)

Now I’m not sure how much work this would be, but I’m sure that even the smallest things such as this could make everything just a bit more roleplay-like, making it seem more like an IC thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, OsamaBigLag said:

I don't suggest the usage of the longer vnn ads, gt-mp chat has a fixed amount of char and there are sometimes cases when you run out of characters that you can type. With "Sponsored tweet" I am sure we would hit gt-mp limit.

The names can be changed and don't have to be tweet related, the main idea here is to change the name to something more ICly in general.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea but I'd rather move towards something that creates RP. Add the ability for donators /VIPs to advertise through Weazel at no cost. So they get the free announcement like they do now but they have to RP with Weazel along the way. And it creates a quality barrier between the advert and the public.

VIP or not, seeing shit like "selling weapons for mass murder" is irritating as hell. Changing the names seems like a quick and easy improvement so +1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoloSmith said:

I like the idea but I'd rather move towards something that creates RP. Add the ability for donators /VIPs to advertise through Weazel at no cost. So they get the free announcement like they do now but they have to RP with Weazel along the way. And it creates a quality barrier between the advert and the public.

VIP or not, seeing shit like "selling weapons for mass murder" is irritating as hell. Changing the names seems like a quick and easy improvement so +1

The problem with this is that our /nrt message ( the weazel messages ) cost 200 for employees which makes us charge people no matter what or we lose money. Having the cost removed will lower the price of our messages will draw more people to use it ( since we dont have the 5 minute cooldown ), which will increase RP. I dont mind having people who have a weazelpass ( VIP ) not being charged, but not when we have to pay 200 ourselfs.

Just now, OsamaBigLag said:

Lets say you have very low salary of 4k. It would take 20 ads before you start losing money. 

Okay I ask you this, what would weazel employees have to gain by not charging VIP members?
Nothing, you are forcing people to put in their own money so others can benefit. That is a strange thing woudnt you say.

I am employed by LSC as security. I have to buy my own flashlight/melee weapon/firearm every time I die due to a desync bug or someone just driving through LSC at 200km/h so I think you posting few ads without getting any money is not that big of a deal.

Edited by OsamaBigLag

I am employed by LSC as security. I have to buy my own flashlight/melee weapon/firearm every time I die due to a desync bug or someone just driving through LSC driving 200km/h so I think you posting few ads without getting any money is not that big of a deal.

You are missing the point im trying to make. You are employed and requested to have to provide your own equipment, okay, strange but thats not what im saying here.
Im saying is that the /nrt command costs 200 when VIP/Donator messages are free. You want people to come to weazel, get free service because they have VIP/Donator status. Okay I can see why that is a good thing, but why does it have to cost Weazel employees money? Why does the /nrt cost money in the first place. Its not a lot so its not a money drain for the server and making weazel employees pay their own money for a little bit of RP is ridiculous, why would any employee ever do that ever? This is a role play server, we imitate the outside world, where in the entire world does anyone pay their own money as a SERVICE so the customer gets something for free.  

Any free webhosting sites, you provide free service so they stay with you and then you start charging them. For example.

Free webhosting sites gain their income from advertisements and premium memberships to remove thos ads. Good example but doesnt really connect with this situation, since the income comes from other sources then the service provided

By having someone set up their infrastructure on their website and when you are really dependent on your site, you will upgrade instead of switch to your provider as that requires some work and you as a business owner cant have downtime for example.

And they get money by premium plans

1 minute ago, OsamaBigLag said:

By having someone set up their infrastructure on their website and when you are really dependent on your site, you will upgrade instead of switch to your provider as that requires some work and you as a business owner cant have downtime for example.

And they get money by premium plans

And the premium plan in this server is VIP, this money goes to the goverment ( devs ) and not weazel. Again im not against not charging VIP members if weazel has no cost either. But im still wondering if you can give me a reason why people should want to give VIP members free ads, so far there are only downsides