Machete

Remove the downvote reaction on the forums.

Bruh I can't even imagine how ppl can get mad because of a forum reaction but in my opnion the guy who created this topic should be the first one who is not spamming downvotes but anyways this is pure childish action to downvote for no reason and post a topic to remove downvotes instead of not using it.
Don't be mad just grow up

Edited by Diswatch

-1 This doesn't make a lick of difference to any outcome. I was a big supporter of removing FeelsChromosomeMan given the Ableist connotations behind it, it was changed and we were given the ability to down vote.

If you are bothered by this use this https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/ignore/ to ignore anyone you think is abusing the down vote to mass spam you. Additionally you can go to https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/notifications/options/ and disable the notification for ''Someone gives reputation to something I posted'' which I believe will disable any notifications for reactions. You will still see the reaction if you open the main post, but you won't get notifications, which should really be the only thing you care about. These down votes literally mean 0.

Edited by Kyle White Raven
  • Like 1

After reading through this thread, it's quite apparent that people can't even be respectful to each other here even when the original poster explicitly asked for people to be respectful to each other.

I'm not going to give an opinion on this suggestion, however, many of those who responded can't properly convey their side because other posters are being petty and arguing with them.

Can't we all just get along?

Edited by WobblierDog15
  • NAY 1

We obviously have some toxicity issues in the community, no turning that off. No way to stop it, Most of the people barely tolerate each other here and it's not that hard to set off different groups against one another on the forums with like discussions involving groups
Gangs vs gangs 

Civs vs gangs

Gangs vs pd/sd

Forum reports

I'd prefer us just casually downvoting each other instead of blatantly throwing out insults and harassing people through the forums. Even though that's what most of us want to do is rip into one another and call names.  But due to the limitations of the rules we can't. (I'll admit, I have my fair urges of plainly throwing out insults during arguments here on the forums.) 

The downvote feature is there to people to have a way to call you a dumbass without having to post it, Which I suppose the forum moderators would rather have that instead of full blown insults being tossed around in my opinion. If you're getting downvoted spammed, It's probably some dude and his mates ganging up on you. But when they start verbally harassing you is when it becomes a problem and you should report it.

tl;dr, The forum reactions are for players to insult one another without getting punished. Which avoids people spewing insults over the forums. 

So let's keep it that way.

Edited by Actualbears