HighTV

Persistent Prison: A potential solution to prison RP.

Since lots of the higher ranking staff members heavily disagree with reintroducing the 2 hour prison cap, maybe a % reduction of your sentence depending on how many prisoners + guards are online would be a good improvement, for instance if i have a 4 hour sentence and there's 0 guards and 1 AFK prisoner on line, I don't believe its proper to server the complete 4 hour sentence because at that point it does become an OOC punishment, with 0 roleplay unless you wanna roleplay /me's and /do's by yourself which I don't think would interest anyone.

• Upvote 1

Well I can say I rp alone some... with /me and /do ... thats why I am comfortable rping my character as being in really good shape as I rp working out a few nights a week alone.(mind you its like 20mins not 4hours) 
I dont think a time reduction based on occupants/guards is a suitable suggestion, but perhaps activities to keep people busy I like the idea of keeping prison currency... perhaps with a bribe penalty for each time you come in...
Example.
Go to jail
Make i dunno 100 stamps that you dont spend
10% bribe fee for guard to store stamps for you
Get Released
Go back to jail
Get 90stamps back, repeat.

I dont see it practical to be able to save up a mess of stamps inorder to eventually reduce your J-time to 0 as soon as you go in, as no prison would instantly release you... 

+1 

Prison RP is something many wish for and expect but honestly it's hard to get down. Having to have 24/7 faction for the most part, and expecting both parties to ensure that they RP properly. 

The way I view the aspect of it, is simply either having an extensive Prison RP experience already developed or making the sentences shorter. At least until a full RP experience is implemented.

• Upvote 2

On 11/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, Arnis said:

You know thats not posible as most guards are afraid off coruption or mostly you dont see them i all do baned have spent 12h in one siting only to see a couple guards to come in and check in the catwalk not to even mention them talking to us 

I think if there was implemented tho, you would find a lot more opportunity for corruption and officer would be open to the idea. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.