Yputi

Vehicle performance bug

Date and time (provide timezone): 6/16/2020 9:20 PM (UTC)

Character name: Audrey Salvatore

Issue/bug you are reporting: I noticed (for me atleast) that my vehicle performs like a stock vehicle after unparking it. Bringing it to a mechanic shop and do /modview triggers the mods again. Most clear sign of this was the turbo sound reappearing again.

Expected behavior:  Having the car perform like it should with its installed mods without having to "trigger" it again with /modview.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Unpark a car (with Turbo would be the best (one that doesnt have turbo sounds stock)) drive it around, then drive it to LSC or Bayview, do /modview, close it and drive it again to notice the performance difference/turbo sound.

Vehicle license plate number*: Salvat0r

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

i have the same issue. 
i just have to go to mechanic to trigger mods by /modview every time i re-log or unpark. This is not just for one car. i had it in both my Sultan and Hellfire. every time i gotta go to mechanics just for do /modview. I tried adding more upgrades if that would help it to be saved but thats not happening.
Here is the video of my hellfire and when i open /modview it changes my lights neon and roll cage as well as the turbo sound. i dont know what other things since performance are not visible but you can hear the Turbo sound just after /modview

And i noticed that other people only see the older version of my car since they cant /modview my car. So they hear no turbo and see no upgrades

please fix this issue.

Ignore the FPS 
https://streamable.com/wx67f8

Edited by Lukey
  • Upvote 1

Visual mods indeed also seem affected. For my car mentioned in the original post specifically its the headlights that change. Some other people indeed reported different/more visual stuf changing too next to the performance.

I modified one of my vehicles in three steps:
1st: 4/5 engine, 3/4 transmission, 3/4 brakes, 6/7 Hydraulics, visual mods
2nd: 5/5 engine, 4/4 transmission, 4/4 brakes, 7/7 Hydraulics, 1/2 turbo, visual mods
3rd: 2/2 turbo, visual mods
4th: changed colour and one visual mod

Every time I connect to the server only some of the mods are missing. Those are the turbo as a whole and visual mods for the 3rd step.
Doing /modview fixes it. Parking the vehicle in an apartment, parking lot, house or impound+release do not.

Doing /logout when the vehicle shows properly does not remove the upgrades.

Edited by TheCactus
Details

This issue definitely needs to be looked at.

Bought a nice Sultan stock, upgraded to max & added some visual upgrades. Such as a bumper on front and back. Whenever I unpark my car the turbo plus the bumper at the back is completely gone until doing /modview at a mechanic.

Feels a bit like a robbery of the money I spent on it. As no one else is able to hear the nice turbo, as well as see my back bumper.

Edited by Sn00p

Also still having this issue with all 7 of my vehicles

The vehicles I have (I'm pretty sure this is the case with every vehicle though):

Exemplar, Elegy Retro Custom, Futo, Zombie Bobber, Sultan Classic, Blista Kanjo, Blista Compact

Edited by fin02110
Added more information

This is still an issue, it's client side based and after every single logout you will have to go to a mechanic shop then /modview to return the vehicle mods.

This is a very big disadvantage to pursuits etc as people always forget to do this.

9 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

This is still an issue, it's client side based and after every single logout you will have to go to a mechanic shop then /modview to return the vehicle mods.

This is a very big disadvantage to pursuits etc as people always forget to do this.

This has been known for like 2 months now? It's extremely frustrating to have a lacklustre vehicle performance for both Crims, PD and so on.

I have the same issue! It makes me so angry and frustrated! I freaking spent the money on the upgrades, for what, for me to drive all the way to the mechanic's (wasting gas) do /modview just to have them show EVERYTIME I log on but only for them to go away once i log out? Like wtf. I have a dominator, and these upgrades don't save, head lights, grille, hood, frame, side skirts, and turbo. Like for real, i love everything else about this server, best game i have ever played by far, But this thing has been an issue for way too long, and it ruins the experience in a way and leaves a sour taste in your mouth when you spent all that hard earned money on something that doesn't even save. This is something that would especially be distasteful for new players as money doesn't come as easy, and working all this time at a freelance job for those xenon lights on your warner for example only for them to not to show unless you drive to the mechanic and do /modview every time. Hopefully an admin can see this and help resolve this issue. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2020 at 11:55 PM, Allen Amos said:

Is this still an issue? thinking about putting a turbo in my car but doesnt know if it will work? 

It depends on your luck but I upgraded 3 cars and only one has the troublesome turbo. I am pretty sure it will be fixed in the next /modview update.