Yputi

Rule regarding streaming RP

Hello.

Since I've been playing I have seen many players stream their RP on different platforms. I never had issues with this, but recently I found out after some RP cenario's the person I was RP'ing with was streaming, also some scenario's before that were streamed and recorded. That person did not inform me about this and didn't even know I got told by someone, that was so kind enough to notify me, that it was being streamed, although it was already too late. I then specificly heard in the stream that the person would not tell me it was being streamed yet for certain reasons, purposely not letting me know.
Sadly, this was too late and I already experienced some "damage" of this due to what happened in this stream/video. 

I can't tell if people experienced this themselves, but I personally believe when someone streams and attends in certain RP scenario's, that everyone should be made aware of this as some things are simply not ment to be shared to the public.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people streaming, but I think it would be good to have people notified when you get in certain RP scenario's

Edited by Yputi
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bagr39 said:

626056500946796581.png?v=1

unknown.png

unknown.png

"Sadly, this was too late" as like mentioned, the scenario's before that were apperantly also captured, saved and uploaded. At the time I could laugh a little about it, but teh aftermath had yet to come. This PM was also before I found out not only that was being seen by people.
And next to that, I still believe the person streaming should inform him/herself about it instead of expecting others to PM. This situation is just an example.

Edited by Yputi

1 minute ago, Tomvd682 said:

Or maybe it would be an idea to make a command, for example /stream that would show that you're streaming above your character

Interesting... But maybe that could get abused if that comes with certain stuff bound to it... But still actually something useful maybe, so people know OOC right away. Could work if well thought out that people won't just use it, even if not actually streaming. Otherwise it becomes meaningless.

• Like 1

I personally don’t do ERP because it’s just simply not my idea of roleplay, however, I do think that to a certain degree it should be a private thing such as in the case of doing illegal things that people can use to meta. Although it may not seem like ERP is something very personal to some people and although a rule will be put in place, it is something some people would rather keep secret. I would expect people to have the decency to give a fair warning in certain scenarios. After all, people will use this OOC information to influence their IC thoughts about the people involved in situations like the ones mentioned in this post.

Yeah, definitely reasonable for specific RP scenarios such as ERP or maybe like some other kind of RP where you need consent (like torture/kidnapping or whatever). I think if youre streaming on twitch and engaging in that type of RP, that all parties should be informed that it's being broadcasted. In cases where you're at the bank or something, or engaging in regular everyday RP it's probably not feasible to inform everyone that they're being livestreamed, but in niche situations like that it would be nice to be informed.

+1

• Like 1

I think in the vast majority of situations, knowing someone is streaming will lead to people acting differently and in a sense meta gaming however I can agree that in any situation that requires consent, AKA ERP, kidnap, torture etc that everyone should probably be in the know

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealNvM said:

I think in the vast majority of situations, knowing someone is streaming will lead to people acting differently and in a sense meta gaming however I can agree that in any situation that requires consent, AKA ERP, kidnap, torture etc that everyone should probably be in the know

I thought streaming wasn't allowed at all due to metagaming rule. But if you can indeed stream, this what TheRealNvM said should be made in some sort of rule wich would still allow people to stream, but require them to inform the other people when doing such thing that would be mentioned in the rule.

I do have to say, it's also a bit of common sense though. The person streaming should also be able to see what that kind of stuff could cause issues. But seeing the example mentioned, apperantly not everyone does.

Edited by Reeboo8

1 minute ago, TheRealNvM said:

There's nothing Meta about streaming unless you're using OOC info ICly, but that would just be you snitching on yourself more than anything so its allowed.

But yeah if you're doing something that requires consent then imo everyone who's consenting should know

well yes. But technically the rules state the following
"Metagaming is the act of relaying IC information through any method not considered IC that has the potential to change current or future roleplay scenarios or using that information. "

I am not saying I am against streaming, but if we really gonna follow rules 100%, streaming in general would be basically relaying IC info through an OOC method to others?
I am not that known with this stuff though, as I am still kinda new here

3 minutes ago, Reeboo8 said:

well yes. But technically the rules state the following
"Metagaming is the act of relaying IC information through any method not considered IC that has the potential to change current or future roleplay scenarios or using that information. "

I am not saying I am against streaming, but if we really gonna follow rules 100%, streaming in general would be basically relaying IC info through an OOC method to others?
I am not that known with this stuff though, as I am still kinda new here

Streaming doesn't fall under that because GENERALLY you're streaming to an audience that is not other players. If someone used any information from a stream ICly, THAT would be meta gaming because they are using IC info they gained through OOC means

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealNvM said:

Streaming doesn't fall under that because GENERALLY you're streaming to an audience that is not other players. If someone used any information from a stream ICly, THAT would be meta gaming because they are using IC info they gained through OOC means

oh yes I understand now.

Then I do think, if streaming really is a big thing, there should be some guidelines for it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.