Dobalina

The Workers Union

(( All Below Information is OOC ))

“The story of The Workers Union isn’t very black and white. It’s comprehensible, but it doesn’t just start with the organization coming out of nowhere. No, it was a long time coming and it started in a little business back in Brooklyn called “Valalero’s”, an Italian restaurant known for its excellence in cuisine and more specifically, its pasta; and even more specific: their spaghetti. I was a bus boy there growing up. I started there when I was eleven. I hated it, but it beat school. My father was convinced that I would learn more with him than I would ever learn in any educational institution. He always said “a penny saved is a penny stolen”. I never really knew what that meant.

The older I got, the more transparent the restaurant became. A front. Although it had its popularity, the business was the smaller denominator in cash flow that was being brought into the family, but it helped keep me and my siblings clothed, fed, and it bought my mother a Mercedes. So, we were happy.

The years kept passing and the family grew bigger. We had Tony Montanegro, Manny Tucci, Alfonzo Vennidicci; all of whom I called my uncles, but they were the furthest from being blood to me. They were all just wise guy guineas, doing what they could get away with, all of which was masterminded by my father, Frank. The Don.

I grew up a little and at seventeen I started doing small tasks for the guys. I would pick up dry cleaning, drop off some envelopes, and lock the door to the restaurant if need be. I never really saw what was going on downstairs but it’s easy to guess. I knew what was going on and for whatever reason, I was okay with it. I guess, because everyone else was so comfortable with it, it just felt normal. Everyone felt comfortable with what they were doing behind the restaurant’s walls. That comfort was exactly what got the best of them twenty-six years later. We don’t like to talk about it.

I arrived to Los Santos, fleeing from the “cleaning” business, hoping I could take what I’ve learned from my family and apply it to some low-key work in and out of the city, but it wasn’t that simple. No one knew me and I knew no one. At least I blended in. The first small couple of idiots I started working with, Carl Larson and Bobby Pins, just weren’t fulfilling what I called “business”. That’s when I sought out some more organized group work. I saw these guys walking around the city always dressed nice, wearing black suits, and covering their faces with black bandannas. In these instances, I always judged a book by its cover, so I went up to one of them and asked them if they were hiring. Unfortunately, these kinds of guys don’t like to admit to the stuff they do. I don’t blame them.

Eventually, after some active poking about working with them, I rolled up on a group of The Rooks hanging outside of the Department of Corrections. “I don’t mean any harm or nothing, but I’ve been trying to work for you guys some time now.” I said as I pulled up and hopped out of my hideous brick red Granger. This was way back before my vocal surgery, but that’s another story. The leader pat me down, checked my pockets, frisked me for wires, and found me strange, but not malicious. It’s not every day a guy comes running up to a bunch of criminals, excited, in hopes to work with them, but I missed home; and home I couldn’t go back to. Crime is all I knew.

After some time, The Rooks took me in as an associate and I started learning the ways of crime in the city. Cooking up drugs, robbing stores, shaking people down; all of it. I was having a blast. I felt like a kid again. All this hard work led up to me becoming a Baron of the gang. We had our good times and we had our bad times, but mostly the bad times would lead to overwhelming us and ended up delivering our demise. That’s the abridged version.

At this point in time, I was ready to move on and start arranging my own work. I knew enough people, knew how to swing the ropes, and knew how to get it done. I don’t like to call my organization a “gang”, but it is what it is. Everyone understands the point of running an organization: MONEY. It’s all about collecting some cash for doing some hard work. My guys are the hardest workers in town and I pride myself on that. Maybe we get a little too greedy at the poker table, but there’s no greater feeling than bankrupting a city simpleton.

There’s some ground rules I had to place before starting The Workers Union. First off, everyone has a say. If you’re in the union, then you have a vote... As long as you’re attending our weekly meetings. If there’s an issue within the organization, it needs to be brought to attention and voted on. Majority rules. Secondly, transparency with all other organizations in town. No pretending like you aren’t who you are. If you’re with The Union, you represent The Union wherever you are. Except with the pigs. Gut them when you have the chance. I’m in the middle of arranging relationships with every legal and illegal organization in town. My plan is to introduce myself, show them my face, pass out numbers, and make it clear that me and my guys mean no harm. We’re out here to work, not to start drama. That being said, my guys understand that business is business and we’ll step out of the way when need be. This doesn’t mean we won’t defend ourselves. It’s a respect thing. Thirdly, The Worker’s Union is a no-strings-attached organization. If you’re with us, good. If you’re not, that’s fine too. The Union doesn’t benefit itself. The Union benefits you. “A penny saved, is a penny stolen.” “ 

-Frankie Valalero

lswubanner.thumb.png.6c2b2becd688a059527673542aa112de.png

2.thumb.png.a4653925659e4ec7bf11c6b49660b476.png

3.thumb.png.b7d38ab817f7b991befd1fcb53f110ec.png

4.thumb.png.7ae57763557a15bf5e1d12459bc0496e.png

5.thumb.png.8079ecc7f0983c86f804f9626ff95d26.png

Edited by Dobalina
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4 : From dusk ‘til dawn

And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.” Isaiah 53:9

A story is made up of a lot of thing. Some will tell the truth. Some will tell a lie. Some will tell a tale. We are our own judge of the truth. Everyone think he is right. Everyone think the other is a liar. But don’t you rest assured. We know what you did and we know you who are.

erc0xSiZWRz2XN-ZpbF0t6c9YczdRszp4HsdWnkevFJ-57JzuCCQSIL4upSo17kB4HBlDKBxnFzQRSHqSBHS24dDuV0QywjyIKFquuIU_ptoyak-CHSRElFrbCEcXOxh2s5MZFdk

The war has left us scattered and disorganised. Some threat were made and Lucas had to leave town once again at least he thought………

Several month later, Lucas was trying to leave a normal life back in Europe. But as they day were sliding they were all tasteless and bitter. He couldn’t get out of him his feeling of dissatisfaction. In reality the sight of himself disgusted him he felt like a traitor having left behind his brother and sisters. 

One day he had enough and took his bag, a plane ticket and went back in town.

After a few phone call he was able to meet up with  Dante. . This contact told him to get in touch with Frankie Valalero, he was looking for people to start up a new union to help worker in town. This business would serve as a front to cover the Rook operations and they need trustworthy people to help them build a legit face. Having been out of town for a while most of his record was considered as cleaned and it offered him the perfect opportunity to step up.

Lucas sent a text to Franki and head up to the worker union to meet up. Franki explained him how the operation were run and what was the long term plan of the union. Because of his connection Franki hired Lucas right away as a recruiter and presented him to the rest of the team.

Lucas got himself to work right away and started to look for people to propose the union service too. The beginning was hard but things quickly started to look good.

2NqvdcUhhz-rRJlAeIIhAYpXQENTyiwLrOJlgCnA_wx-v93cMb8p6PDLAWEIZQjMsk6b2pHMn-KQlYuWAB9tGLssVmrJkCTFs73Ee0jpIzLqOPEiKkSzcG0fVQr0FKc9LEDSaqSG

Rapidly, Lucas got confronted by the lack of mean the union was facing. He spent days thinking about a way to get things done better. He woke up one day with an idea….

A fundraising charity event.

The landlord of the Union office was an old acquaintance of Lucas, after quickly catching up with her, he explained his project to her. Having helped the union because she believed in the social action we were having in the city.

She was a manager for the singleton that was supposed to open soon and saw in it the opportunity to get a first reaction from people about the place. She also gave Lucas a name of influential people in town that would have the fund necessary to help such project. 

DxmySKDj4bf26wJJ-5PnCUIMa0dgG2hSGjMRFPGPPiQ_BbFLFiyHeJC-5uHWyJ7eyTniYxZcHshKv8Zi7Qao0L-WuEQqLwhPOcqtpxhBxitTI6i0Lf2lg1Ykmx7vR1fSutaAs8rL

Lucas called in a manager meeting and explained his plan to the assembly, they all welcomed the idea warmthfully and the last details where set.

UjtxHg71LvJanvFBb3ogyF6ofygNWA1Joq5xm4NMj5ePPhRynVLPMg8v_xoxOCCJw9VN2pz_6Gas2zV80PNuZ55wR99xf7W1m8mOX64Cj7sqDOJnEvGYo5LKyd3dTZzprrfAZtjo

Lucas work up his contacts in town to get cheap beverages and food.

-aHe9GUz_zZ-BDUI026tRmGPSnm32ZloOVk0cnWKdSpcP3Sv80rQT6mWQ8_q6zHCdMRx3ypYrlFhBmyvtGcWmY3E5f_SDDXUT2DGPwkQ_B2RKQK3M2Ilm4tcyYKKm4KI1zI_F1C9

A deal was set with some like minded people to play a part as a security service for the event.

XXsbQAL80H_jJSruXAszJsDmlIvPXxdfNFmTkLlH6CUGgvcNrG_AbONsskBk_YfE5Usccy01EXJbWfBcSZG_1kkP-B0lsQFMQOtT_FcmF00MgJcFcPd8nSqfEoNPeX3FvmfSfGRW

And Finally invitations were sent out to a few selected people that would represent the town finest.

4J809ny78nso4_U935fRIzBkQXWwUUUloaZez06qK_DgNuR83tvQpuMW5mUDrifd6ISmsES9ztGfUYuLXBlwKXRiMEMtGRC0sFcGTuDmQen5QXqsYQbRNHN9Fc1DJ8QZCqdCTkSv

The event started by welcoming the guest and making small talk around a drink so everyone could know who is you. Some people went upstair to talk business privately. 

jROhqpO_f-S4sPPAaj-xNEbhKloT2tmh60kWqdJaFSuE_Qsq0Yd1rV9qmgEWmlNYqOJz1M7tottkeIb-TRX6zCcPDvZgMcSuUHWDzs-BKoURDp4PyHhDtxwiriwLH0QEVDazEQT_

Once all the guest arrived, Lucas gathered all the guest downstair for a speech and after having people attention and warmed the room a little, he handed the microphone to Franki that was the best person to talk about the project he built from the ground up.

51MzGkWbvPfraZOahxD2JNiBY810myCTNq_X0nrCOWS-zcXow81ZU0mZ3gXZP6bM8xIxE9zkFbAQ0Wk9ToSB9P42AgTRHoNZILyl4LKM7pDami5RNifamG85NzHAswhcyiOYSHo_

At first people where not too enthusiast about helping our work not seeing how this investment could help them. Lucas dream of greatness starting to shattered….

That is when out of nowhere, Jasmine decided to speak up explaining why she believed in us why she helped organising all of that, she pulled out a 15 000$ envelop and made the first donation toward the union, she then asked everyone to follow her outside and there it was. A mule, she has been in touch with Xoza Shadow the owner of the Atomic dealership, which kindly decided to donate us a mule.

dTKFSNAGSXNufK1MeOwZxP2uNmCqoa_8wMb-qAQeU1aMB4UJgunfx1AfpVZM-ASc0f-0y9o-yRlXy_JYMr31VfGT18bM9YJGsx6ec7qs49E4XmiUBpMcuvQtzoXjz5ywHyDQssde

That triggered to the people there a wave of donation, the union got money but also promesses of discount in shops in town and people would even propose to pay us so we could give union benefit to a certain amount of people in town for free.

ngzGp4coRTu5vF9AeGp5QuURtVzJtGkXQfF9Vb6PfUemD4R4gYZmuxAolgzKUwePh963Uir0SHbp3DpKIwcYoLYWIz7OV0KP_U338uE3YIPA_BQof2XZcVh-HSMhNc515-L5-IiD

The night ended on a great note. But the donations were only the beginning. Now we have a name, we have a face but we also have contacts that will allow us through hard work and determination to make the union a powerful player in town.

UaP4Tfc3PpzPq7AP5IhcedFGvSQqw_ZZffXqeNsEVfSFGGlFCzRurn569lxWhPDuEUYSFRkfCKQNPfDJopCx-0xPxjc-9uJY8uwGoVIgsZl-O_HaTdVl62d8uqFLUd5EUjk0mgVx

Edited by LokiNoctem
  • Like 8

Falling Apart/Clean Up Crew

The Union was doing great. Jimmy and I actually did something right, with the help from Shawn, Lucas, Tony, Zac(?), Nick, Vlad, Aaran, and Spade. Let’s be honest, it was a group effort for sure, but hey, success is success. We lost a couple of those guys here and there, but the main core of our business stuck around, regardless of whether or not The Workers Union was “booming”. We got some funds raised from the top 1% of the town and we were steady.

Ever since we got our connections, the business started sliding downhill. It was like an oiled up bowling ball on top of an icy hill, and we just couldn’t regain the friction to climb back up. We all started focusing on illegalities, rather than continuing the good path that The Union was on. Like I said, we lost a couple of guys here and there, but I didn’t think to lose Nick the way we did, just given our strong friendship. I was pretty blindsided by it, I'm not gonna lie.

There I was, stumped with wondering how to save the business and I’m being told by one of my top Managers that he’s resigning and moving into the Police Department. A fucking pig? Really? After all the shit we’ve done? Fuck, I sold him guns. He sold those guns. We killed people. And he joined the Police? There was only one thing we could do. Nick had to go. We couldn’t just continue doing what we were doing with some dude in PD knowing all the shit we’re not supposed to be doing. I had a plan.

Nick had one of The Union’s Mules. My Mule. So, naturally, I would want that back, yeah? I arranged a meeting with him to retrieve the Mule back. I arranged with the boys how we would do it: I get Nick to bring the Mule to our used-to-be office; oh yeah, we lost the office, by the way. I’d have him give me the paperwork and keys back from the Mule, then we’d bring him in the office, tie him up, and get rid of the little piggy. Where would we bring him? Well, the hotspot for [REDACTED] is over at the dam near Mirror Park. That’s where we used to throw bodies off all the time, so, we might as well add another to the pile.

Everything went according to plan. Nick hit every beat we expected him to, just like the predictable little piggy he is. We tied him up, stuffed him in the back of my Novak, put a rag in his mouth and brought him down to the dam. At this point, I didn’t feel like I was about to kill my friend. I just felt like I was cleaning up a mess, just like I would do back in New York. I gave the guy a couple of last words and all he could mutter was “Tell my family I love them." We didn't. And "This is fucked up.” I threw his legs over the railing, over-looking the stream passing through the dam and we watched him fall.

I've been thinking about those words every so often. I just think that was a shitty choice in last words. He coulda gone out with some wise shit, but predictable like a pig, he said what he said. 

(( Love ya, Nick. good luck at PD, homie. ))

cleaningup.thumb.jpg.d1a9becc76be185e9dc24bcb0cf54665.jpg

Edited by Dobalina
  • Like 9