SirQubed

New Players

There should be a training server for all these new players so they actually understand how /me and /do and /b work. To many times as a medic I try to do medical RP and they don't get it and then I have spend half the time explaining how it works which kinda ruins the RP experience. This should happen post test and before they get into the real server. Also they need to have a better understanding of a NCZ

Edited by ImQub3dttv

The quiz needs to have some practical testing with realistic scenarios, to let people try the commands they are being asked about. Currently, you just have to explain what is a /me or what is a /do. Personally, i answered the questions from the handbook/rulebook, but it took a few live encounters to actually understand what they mean.

+1

I'm honestly not even sure what the point of the quiz is anymore.  In an hour i'll usually come across 2 or 3 new players that are up to like 1000xp and still have absolutely no idea how /me or /do works, most of the time they completely ignore /b as well making any form of RP impossible.   Forcing RP onto them isn't teaching them anything at all and they'll just come to expect it, or more than likely not even realise it was forced.   Standing around waiting for a /report to be answered wastes everyones time and puts even more strain the staff involved who could be dealing with more important stuff or actually playing the game themselves.

Either some form of training server like suggested or a much harder quiz thats enforced a lot more to improve the quality would be super beneficial.   Not sure how the /goodrp /badrp system works on the backend but maybe just something similar where you can quickly mark an ID as a non-rper that can be tracked by staff to weed out the worst offenders quickly?

Either way, something definately needs to be done!

• Like 1

G'day All,

Whilst not a newbie to RP, I am to GTA, and naturally Eclipse (first post). thought I'd share my thoughts.

I have a friend here I used to RP with, why I'm choosing Eclipse, however I've been away from it for a few years (life) plus all my previous RP has been done on A3, so it will take me sometime to get used to all the keybindings, commands, emotes, scripts, etc,

Like learning to drive a car, reading a manual and doing a multiple choice quiz test, doesn't turn us into drivers, getting out on the road, making mistakes does. However when those mistakes impact on others, it can cause road rage, in the case of a small community like this, like living in a small country town, frustrations build like a volcano.

A second server operating with the same scripts would be ideal, time spent learning, making mistakes with others similar, hopefully/eventually be observed as a great role player, be promoted to the main server, like things used to be. Failing that... mistakes will be frustrating for both of us, I can only hope for your patience and understanding (rather than bullets).

As per some of the comments above, I've also noticed a downgrade in the quality of RP, IMO there's a few reasons for it;

Since the increase to server pop (not because of it), it seems most majors have dumped their 2nd/public servers (training grounds) that were feeding the whitelisted servers for quality.

Those that do get access (sometimes only via donation), are either newbies to RP with only the knowledge they have from watching streamers (not all are a good examples), or, they have some RP experience, but retraining their brain/fingers (distracted) to a somewhat different coding environment (all servers have different coders, mods, content etc).

Either way, their all going to be interacting, perhaps frustrating RP, with people/characters that have experience/knowledge with that particular server. Only one way I can think to fix it, bring back the training grounds, bump them up when they prove themselves.

Finally; I've been going through all the rules, guides etc, on the "Roleplay Guide", got down to the "Criminal Roleplay" section, where it has a link to "Commands List", great! I'll print that out and stick it on the wall next to my monitor for reference, however, unfortunately its a "Dead Link". Wonder how long its been like that without someone reporting it.

Looking forward to some fun (hopefully not frustrating) RP with you all.

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.