Msato

Injured bodies remain after disconnect

Simple one here, bodies of "injured" players should remain interactable for 5~ minutes if the player logs out/crashes whilst injured. 

Example:

Player A shoots Player B,

Player A begins looting Player B, 

Player B logs out, Body remains with associated ID 

Player A continues looting. 

This would vastly assist in preventing logout abuse & combat logging. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

Not interacting with the player?

This is an RP server, there should be RP interactions with the players even when the player is injured and unable to resist

I'll RP with them when they are in game, but they intentionally disconnect/crash. Which is a common thing, we should not be forced to sit and wait 15 minutes to find the result of them returning or not, and then from that acquiring literally nothing if they do not return.

They would only be lootable when injured, which has already been declared as not an issue to do utilising the script.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CallumMontie said:

I'll RP with them when they are in game, but they intentionally disconnect/crash. Which is a common thing, we should not be forced to sit and wait 15 minutes to find the result of them returning or not, and then from that acquiring literally nothing if they do not return.

Being able to loot them won't solve the problem, if anything it will make it worse as you won't stay on the scene to report the player, instead you will grabs the items and leave, while they would still be combat logging

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

Being able to loot them won't solve the problem, if anything it will make it worse as you won't stay on the scene to report the player, instead you will grabs the items and leave, while they would still be combat logging

Coming up with every excuse in the book to combat this great suggestion smh. This would be useful for PD and Crims. Huge +1.

Think it'd be easier if the items would just get dropped on the floor if the player disconnects while downed. I imagine having their physical body on the floor would cause numerous problems if they logged back in. 

Most problematic thing I see in this is that people potentially wouldn't report the player that quit, since they would get the loot and have no reason to hang out to see if they came back or not. It solves one problem, but creates a bigger one. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Devonte said:

what if he crashes, someone random comes, and all of his loot is gone? would that be fair?

You would only appear visible when injured, you couldn't do much about someone looting you injured anyway.

16 hours ago, Devonte said:

but if you desync crash off someone bikes, get injured. after 3 mins want to just get off for the night. someone comes along and see's the body, loots it. .50, radio, gps, water, food, golf club. all gone. would you be happy?

How often does this happen? Literally never.

I think many people are failing to read the actual suggestion here,

This is for only injured bodies to remain after logout for a very short period. 

It has already been declared by senior staff you are in no position to resist being looted when scriptly injured, meaning there is literally no room for abuse. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 2:03 AM, Terryking said:

+ 1 what if I get injured in a shootout And want to rage quit I’d rather someone be able to loot me so I don’t get reported 

That is still combat logging since you are disconnecting during an active RP scenario. If a criminal wants to take your phone and RP reading texts for some unknown reason or a cop wants to arrest you for God knows why, they would not be able to do it because you combat logged after you got injured.

This is not being suggested so nobody gets punished when they ragequit.

Edited by TheCactus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.