alexalex303

Improving Poker

There are a number of issues with poker that sets it apart from the most popular form of Poker: Texas Hold'Em. This confuses new players, and creates very awkward situations for people accustomed to that style of poker (most people).

1. The system should only count five cards towards the best hand. 

It currently counts up to 7 cards.

ex: community cards are 3 3 3 2 2. All the players have full house, pot should be split.

However, in the current system, whoever has an A will win as the system will count his hand as 3 3 3 2 2 A.

2. Acting order should follow the dealer button.

It currently seems to either be random, or have the player who bet the most money last hand act first.

This completely invalidates a huge part of poker strategy (position).

3. The raising amounts need to allow custom input.

Players should be allowed to raise more or in between the available "defaults", but not less than the smallest one.

4. The time between games needs to be lowered from 30s to 10s

A huge amount of time is wasted waiting for absolutely nothing.

5. There should be a time limit that depends on the amount bet, or you automatically fold.

The time is up for debate, but anything under 5k could be as little as 15s, and bet over 50k should probably allot 60s of time to think.

This will remove the need to report when people go AFK.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 2/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, alexalex303 said:

1. The system should only count five cards towards the best hand. 

It currently counts up to 7 cards.

ex: community cards are 3 3 3 2 2. All the players have full house, pot should be split.

However, in the current system, whoever has an A will win as the system will count his hand as 3 3 3 2 2 A.

This is how poker is played? Why should it be changed. Highest kicker wins if I'm not mistaken. Its like saying that we both have a pair of sevens and i have an 7/Ace in my hand and you have 7/K and we should split it?

Edited by Hootless

26 minutes ago, Hootless said:

This is how poker is played? Why should it be changed. Highest kicker wins if I'm not mistaken. Its like saying that we both have a pair of sevens and i have an 7/Ace in my hand and you have 7/K and we should split it?

In your example, you would indeed win.

The issue is that apart from the 7A and 7K, your hand would also have 3 of the highest cards on the board. Automatically. For example the winning hand would be 3 2 7 7 A vs 3 2 7 7 K. That's when it's normal for you to win.

The issue arises when someone has a straight, and you have a straight, and it counts the 6th and 7th cards as kickers.

i.e. 3 4 5 6 7 A K vs 3 4 5 6 7 A J

That is not normal.

• Like 2

+1 good ideas all round. The most important one is for it to only count the best 5 cards though, as that's how its ment to work. I also think they should remove the AFKmath in poker, it comes up even though your betting and checking hands constantly, if your betting your obviously not afk.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 1:38 AM, DrizzyDre said:

Add a machine where you can pay for music. 1 song 500 bucks, 3 songs 1.2k or something along the lines allowing us to play youtube songs instead of the generic background music 😄

It's so sexyyyyyyy to be livin in Americaaaaa

Edited by Jimmy Irish

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.