DrVolcan

PD/SD/DOC equipment imports

Make it so that PD, SD and DOC have the option to have certain supplies imported when there is a new trainee/cadet class ex:(flashlights, tasers, body armor, batons, pistols)

Pros:

Gives PD and SD the ability to RP a transport of items.

Gives criminals a chance to intercept said transports giving them hard to obtain items

Gives PD, SD, and DOC something else to train for

Possibly a new business of civilians being able to manufacture items

Adds something new for PD,SD and DOC to RP

Cons:

Takes more time to setup for trainee/cadet classes

Possible unrealistic car chases

Possible abuse of tasers, tasing people multiple times in a row ((nonrp))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open to any changes or suggestions 🙂

Edited by DrVolcan

+1 all Factions should be required to manage and import their weapons and other "consumable" items rather than having it spawned in.

The only issue I have is the following; There is currently a "5%" chance of an import being alerted to PD&SD. If Law Enforcement were to arrange similar import systems, criminals should also receive said chance to find out about one to intercept it. 

Giving each side an "even" chance at locating and intercepting drops. This would bring a form of RP that the server currently does. It have, as unfortunately drops have turned into solo collections to be ambushed out of bushes due to a script notification. 

Overall I am against the notification and would like to see it not exist on either end as it removes RP. 

However, the paying field should be even. 

Proposed ideas cons outweigh pros. I don't think this would work well. Government's are usually very well financed and takes minimal effort to order in. It's just that the departments fight where to spend the money i.e which department gets what. However good on you for trying to think out of the box but this is a terrible concept based on the fact that criminals don't run out armies to steal at the risk of getting office supplies.

51 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

This sounds like GTA Online kinda shit.

But the weapons that come out of thin air don't sound like GTA Online at all no?

I would say +1 to this but I don't see how it would work due to not being able to take weapons from members of these factions. I also don't see how this convoy of items would be intercepted due to the current DM rules, Once the vehicle starts rolling at a high speed demands can't be heard from a simple shout. 

Edited by reeceobz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Aldarine said:

Sorry, this is a -1 from me especially with this line:

"Gives criminals a chance to intercept said transports giving them hard to obtain items"

This double standard just proves the current mindset of law enforcement.

In what world is it realistic to allow criminal drops to be intercepted but not allow criminals the same goal vs legal imports, as there is a high chance a mafia/syndicate/cartel would attempt to intercept these irl.

Hiding items being given to factions behind a script menu that magics the item with zero to no rp shouldn't occur on either side. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, reeceobz said:

But the weapons that come out of thin air don't sound like GTA Online at all no?

I would say +1 to this but I don't see how it would work due to not being able to take weapons from members of these factions. I also don't see how this convoy of items would be intercepted due to the current DM rules, Once the vehicle starts rolling at a high speed demands can't be heard from a simple shout. 

With proper rp cause and engagement the transport vehicle can be rammed off the road, given carried out correctly. The DM rules were adjusted to allow the use intercepting vehicles so long as you have valid reason. 

3 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

This double standard just proves the current mindset of law enforcement.

In what world is it realistic to allow criminal drops to be intercepted but not allow criminals the same goal vs legal imports, as there is a high chance a mafia/syndicate/cartel would attempt to intercept these irl.

Hiding items being given to factions behind a script menu that magics the item with zero to no rp shouldn't occur on either side. 

So my rationale for my -1 is moreso the consideration of realistically, these legal weapon shipments would be guarded so well it would be practically suicide to attempt to intercept it. Personally I am not aware of how weapon shipments work in real life so it's hard to draw a full comparison. Criminals on the other hand will be ordering from the black market and would have to remain more discreet during exchanges/shipments and law enforcement would typically have special branches dedicated to tracking down illegal weapons shipments. It's presently not really feasible to fully emulate what a legal weapons shipment convoy would look like in ECRP and I worry that should something like this come into play it would turn into just a different form of cop hunting to obtain their weaponry. It's hard to fully explain my perspective but I hope I did a decent enough job above. It's in no way meant to really be a double standard and I implore you to consider that I am one of the biggest criminal roleplay advocates on this server although I main a legal (and have a criminal alt that enjoys her time with Triads). I just do not think it is realistic at all considering that most likely these legal weapons shipments would probably be the most heavily guarded convoy you've ever seen. I've also never really seen or heard news reports of a legal weapon shipment being intercepted by a criminal organization. Now if there was a way to accurately replicate this type of shipment on the server along with proof of shipments typically running that way then I am all for it. 

Edited by Aldarine

This is an  interesting idea and should be looked at, obviously the import would not spawn randomly around the map like the illegal ones as they would be carried out through the right channels. They should be picked up from Airport, docks, or even random warehouses through out the city and then be transported to a faction location PD, SD, or DOC. It would give good RP for both sides, takes a lot of cops away from thier current patrols to make sure the order gets delivered to its destination. If there would be a 5% chance of the order getting known, it should go out to one of the official illegal factions, giving one more benefit to actually being official, it going out to only one of them randomly would also make more RP, the gang would have a choice then go for it alone to take all the spoils, or inform another allied gang to help and split the takings. Would make each transport diffrent as some times there could be a big hit on it, or sometimes even no hit on it at all, as maybe the faction it got sent to may have only 2 or 3 members online or even none. so even with the 5% chance it still may not even get hit at all. As the ability to rob from police was taken away seems a fair way for crims to get thier hands on something for a change. Police will get more action and also have fun slapping some new charges on crims.

Edited by Magz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.