Dyogo

Current opinion of the server

I play on this server for a year and in the last week I have noticed that the roleplay is regressing in relation to what it was when I started playing.
I have commented to my friends that the server is like a police and thieves movie, everyone assaults, threatens and persecutes for no apparent reason.
The police are too lenient with gangs, drug dealers and thieves and too concerned with honest drivers.
I think some rules should be changed (if any) as gang limits and a rule added for people working in agriculture, fishing, mining etc. not to be stolen constantly.
I think I am not the only one with this opinion only that they do not speak with fear that they will not be heard.
This is my opinion for the success of the server.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

There was a topic missing to talk about it ... Really the server is degrading, it has been with 100-300 players, but at the level of Roleplay it's getting weak and messy ... Every time I go to work, mainly as a miner and farmer , there are few times that I am not mugged. The server is all around crime and the police. The few honest workers are already afraid to go to work, for fear of being robbed. I think this becomes 95% unreal.
The server has everything to be the best, scripts, programming, performance, staff ... but it has rules that would need to be changed in terms of crime, gangs, possession of weapons, drugs, use of masks. Imagining, on the bench if there are 20 players there, 15 have a mask on. This is the current reality of the server unfortunately!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I can agree with the statement where you express that the role-play level and quality is downgrading and it is! For the past 6 shootouts that I participated, got hit by a vehicle within 3 seconds of exiting my own cruiser, of course, according to the rules - it is all okay and allowed for one time, however, it ruins role-play as a whole! Rules are there to enforce and box the role-play which allows us to shape it correctly with positive mindset and attitude, however, I haven't been feeling that way about it. There are multiple suggestions that give an idea or thought about some rule changes, however, nothing has been done in regards to it, give it more time, make more suggestions with a clear explanation and your opinion behind it and hopefully things are adjusted!

As.. Bolice Officers being lenient on some gang members.. that's true, since corruption is still a thing and someone may not add charges to someone properly, therefore, they sit less in jail. On the other hand, gangs usually get in a shootout, "/o death rp?", it's either confirmed - they continue, denied - they go to jail and spend some time and back on the streets, there is no consequences of going to jail other than losing your play-time and some money, which be a sit-back for some new players that aren't in the official gang, however, people are stacked nowadays! 

I really do enjoy and love the server and I hope that people put the role-playing above the rule-playing, but it hasn't been a thing lately. To some of us, even bolice officers, rules come first from what I've seen rather than the quality of role-playing which makes me kinda upset while playing the game and the server that I really enjoy!

• Like 2

We have plans to work on civilian features to lessen the amount of new players joining and ultimately choosing between criminal or government, as to us, civilian players are an important factor to the level of roleplay we have.

In regards to robberies, I do agree with you - I think they are way too common and they occur on way too populated areas. We will see how we can combat this.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Robberies are way too common unfortunately and whilst this can be an IC problem it seriously impacts the server and player morality on an OOC level. I created an alternate character which I had plans on going with them in a Civilian route. Within 30 minutes of thay characters existance. I was robbed while farming. As a police officer I see an extremely large number of 911 calls ranging from the farms and even any other civilian work area. Being a civilian is near impossible unless you have 6 eyes and a gun in your hand constantly. It feels like the city is the one from Cyberpunk and that it just turns into Cops n Robbers but with extra rules. I understand why gangs rob civilians but I will never understand why food and batteries get taken from people as if its DayZ and youre fighting for survival. There is no work progression where you get raises on civilian jobs which just makes every job an insane grind. People will complain in /b about the smallest things and take IC situations to an OOC level if it doesnt suit them. There was a discussion Ive seen where this server has almost zero roleplay when it comes to anything *real*. No emotions get in play, no character development (at least from what Ive seen, but I MAY be wrong). Props to the people who dedicate their time to roleplay quality and arent worried about money that much. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Denza said:

Robberies are way too common unfortunately and whilst this can be an IC problem it seriously impacts the server and player morality on an OOC level. I created an alternate character which I had plans on going with them in a Civilian route. Within 30 minutes of thay characters existance. I was robbed while farming. As a police officer I see an extremely large number of 911 calls ranging from the farms and even any other civilian work area. Being a civilian is near impossible unless you have 6 eyes and a gun in your hand constantly. It feels like the city is the one from Cyberpunk and that it just turns into Cops n Robbers but with extra rules. I understand why gangs rob civilians but I will never understand why food and batteries get taken from people as if its DayZ and youre fighting for survival. There is no work progression where you get raises on civilian jobs which just makes every job an insane grind. People will complain in /b about the smallest things and take IC situations to an OOC level if it doesnt suit them. There was a discussion Ive seen where this server has almost zero roleplay when it comes to anything *real*. No emotions get in play, no character development (at least from what Ive seen, but I MAY be wrong). Props to the people who dedicate their time to roleplay quality and arent worried about money that much. 

We need more civilian jobs that don't make you a sitting duck. 

Farming is one of those jobs that basically screws you over because it's one farm and everyone knows where it is. Maybe if some of the civilian jobs (like farming) had more then one location it could spread out the work for gangs and thieves. 

A good civil job that I really enjoy is trucking but it's also a fairly lonely one that doesn't encourage to much RP (CB is text only is the main reason - that and not a lot of people know how to do it.) 

By far the four worst civilian jobs are.

1. Fishing

2. Hunting

3. Mining

4. Farming

All four of these jobs make you a sitting duck either at drop offs or at the farm/mine. It's very easy for gangs to just sit at a drop off or stake out a farm/mine and just Rob people at opportune moments.

I think dynamic drop offs/collection locations or multiple drop offs/locations might curb this to a certain degree. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Martin Tulip said:

We need more civilian jobs that don't make you a sitting duck. 

Farming is one of those jobs that basically screws you over because it's one farm and everyone knows where it is. Maybe if some of the civilian jobs (like farming) had more then one location it could spread out the work for gangs and thieves. 

A good civil job that I really enjoy is trucking but it's also a fairly lonely one that doesn't encourage to much RP (CB is text only is the main reason - that and not a lot of people know how to do it.) 

There are two farms available. The locations you have to find out IC, but there are two farms.

• Like 2

Love this post! Just wanted to add one thing i feel could benefit the community. Some characters had chose to go into the gang side of things for a bit and after going to jail a couple times realized its not really worth the troubles and decided to quit and become a civilian. Now, if this person ever wants to join law enforcement they will be auto declined since they have a criminal record. 

there should be methods in place to give players a chance to prove that they really want to switch sides and they would have the knowledge associated with it.

let alone lapd and sasd. Even dcc wont hire you if you have a record which is kind of shitty so even if someone does not want to pursue a career in crime they will forever be stuck a civilian 😕

• Like 4

Yeah this is a issue I've been seeing since I've started playing here (playing for a few months). But it's not the peoples fault, it's more the fault of the way the server is made.

People don't want to risk their items just for a RP opportunity because it's just so easy to get robbed, & people literally rob you for anything. Even small things like food, water, taking your phone battery or cutting your hair for no reason, it just pisses someone off OOCly because it's annoying. It's not worth risking your items & wasting your time for a boring robbery "RP" that's always the same. You can't really chill & focus on roleplaying when everytime you want to do something there's a huge risk that you could lose the things you just worked for.

I remember the times when I was mining/hunting, I couldn't even enjoy those tasks because it was rather stressful. Everytime I was on foot i was checking every angle of my character to see if there's someone approaching who could rob me. The fact they can even rob you in public places such as fuel stations or literally  the highway makes it even worse, can't even refuel without being stressed out.

I think if people can lose too much in a scenario, they'd rather not roleplay & be safe which is understandable, noone wants their time to be wasted. It's worse for criminals though. I've noticed that mostly police people are complaining about criminals not giving good RP, yet they are the faction with the least to lose. They can grab guns in an instant, not even pay for them, have access to heavy armoury & even their vehicles are scripted, meaning they have literally nothing to lose but can focus on roleplay. Now imagine as a criminal you need to pay for everything that you need in shootouts, your car can get chopped & you will rot in prison since the RP there is equal to watching paint dry. Why would anyone care to RP in that case just to risk so much? They'd rather stay safe & focus on the gameplay aspect rather than roleplay.

Also: nerf police pls you know things are wrong when they chase you in drags & kamachos with heavy guns on their back lul

• Like 7