Donovan

NCZ Change

Hey, I just want to make a quick suggestion regarding NCZs as they are now after this long of a period since their introduction being abused by mostly criminals and civilians. What people do is run away into an NCZ either after a crime or just to get away, and yes it's okay to do that to find safety if u were a victim of a crime, but at the same time I think it's pretty dull and counter immersive to run into an invisible barrier. What I suggest is to make NCZ be only INSIDE the building itself, as IRL a simple street camera would not prevent a crime from being committed, but an indoor secured area would ( not including major scenarios like bar fights, bank robberies etc. ) .

PS: I am not only talking about RP being paused as a person walks/drivers into NCZ but also the OOC arguments that arise from it 

On a side note, to not completely disregard the NCZ safety outside for civilians who just come there to chill and talk with mates, make crimes committed inside the NCZ itself double the time/fine, so myself as an individual can make a choice if I am going to go and shoot up a guy outside the bank but face the double fine and jailtime if caught later on. 

I am fully aware that I will get a lot of negative comments or people disagreeing with me, but I believe that in order for RP to evolve and to become actually GOOD because players become better and more immersed at it, it shouldn't be SCRIPTED. More freedom people have with their day to day actions, more fun people will have, and I think NCZ would be a first thing to change for any sort of immersion to occur.

• Like 14

Yes and no. Having a gathering spot where people can move around freely and safely is nice and should be encouraged, but being bounded to indoors is too limiting. 

I'd prefer to see NCZ's switch. There would be 24/7 NCZ's (PD, MD), however there could be ones that open and close during night and day. Once the bank closes, the NCZ could disband until it opens again. At night, tequi-la-la and the club areas could be a NCZ. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I would absolutely love to see this idea come to real life in the server. Of course, there might be some confusion in the beginning here and there, however, the way you described it - makes much more sense and gives more wiggle room for possible more RP situations.

2 hours ago, Marca said:

Yes and no. Having a gathering spot where people can move around freely and safely is nice and should be encouraged, but being bounded to indoors is too limiting. 

I'd prefer to see NCZ's switch. There would be 24/7 NCZ's (PD, MD), however there could be ones that open and close during night and day. Once the bank closes, the NCZ could disband until it opens again. At night, tequi-la-la and the club areas could be a NCZ. 

This is actually such a great idea, I would be absolutely keen to see something like this happen, business by day and partying by night. 

6 hours ago, Marca said:

Gathering spots are great, but they do not require NCZ's. Infact having them be an NCZ makes them toxic becuase people can say whatever they want without any form of repercussion. Take LSC back in the day for instance, a great place to meet people and it wasn't an NCZ. Forceing people out of these NCZ's will make it so people are forced to set up these own meeting areas again which is a great opportunity for good RP and an organic way to make a community.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rubsmeister said:

Gathering spots are great, but they do not require NCZ's. Infact having them be an NCZ makes them toxic becuase people can say whatever they want without any form of repercussion. Take LSC back in the day for instance, a great place to meet people and it wasn't an NCZ. Forceing people out of these NCZ's will make it so people are forced to set up these own meeting areas again which is a great opportunity for good RP and an organic way to make a community.

ikr? a couple days ago some zeta dudes and triads were full on angry, threatening and all kids of stuff to the point a cop had to ooc them to leave lol

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• NCZs don't have "invisible borders". They extend further than the confines of the script NCZ.

• Hiding in NCZs has been added to the rules.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,

Chunder