zo0p

Give SD offroad vehicles

I think SD should be given off-road vehicles to use. If a criminal is driving a BF400 or any bike it is basically impossible to catch them unless they crash and we had Vc of them crashing. Sheriff cruisers can barely drive up a mountain and most of the time will just end up sliding down the hills. Its gotten to the point that SD and PD wont even chase bikes because there is a 99% chance of loosing them because they will just go off-road, mostly SD has to deal with this because of the terrain in their jurisdiction Multiple times I've seen crims on bikes baiting cops to get into pursuits only to then just sit on top of hills and honk their horns at SD cause they know they cant chase them. I would suggest changing to AWD cruisers or getting off-road tires for cruisers. If a cruisers even goes off road and taps a bush or has to turn its very likely you will just spin out. I know irl police in the country have access to 4-wheelers/ATV's or dirt bikes that can be used in rough terrain areas. I feel that would help SD be able to even have the chance of being able to pursue a bike or off-road vehicle. I know SD has access to specialty vehicles but they aren't worth the time to take out because the crim will be gone by the time they can spawn it. Lastly, I think its very unrealistic that police cant do anything when it comes to a bike. This would not make SD overpowered it would merely give us the chance to be able to even pursue the person. Most crims will drive around bikes nowadays cause they themselves know they wont get caught.

pics_131quads.jpg

img_8098.jpg

ATV_police___Gallery.jpg

Edited by zo0p

The whole idea of an on-duty cop in an unmarked personal vehicle in my opinion is 100% Non-RP and should be punishable. However I feel like this has happened due to the felt necessity of not having a cruiser that can keep up in off road situations. Now I do not know what PD and SD currently have in the way of marked police bikes but if they do not currently have marked police bikes they should be added to both factions along with a mandate that if you are on duty you are driving your faction vehicle whether that be a cruiser, bike, or unmarked cruiser, not a personal vehicle. A marked police bike would be more than sufficient to fill their needs without being clear non-rp.

2 minutes ago, GWXCORE said:

The drags and T20's and BF's and such are spawned by faction script to my knowledge. Maybe @Pertinax could give insight? I apologize for the tag, but I know you are knowledgeable on this and would like your clarification. 

My current understanding on this issue is what has been said on the forums about police using personal vehicles. I will be interested to see the response and if these are actually faction vehicles. I could understand the bf400's but the 250,000 bikes and super cars would seem a bit of a stretch in RP to be PD and SD vehicles. In the case of the T20s why would it make any logical sense for the PD to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars on super cars for police to destroy potentially pitting them or getting in wrecks. It does not seem financially feasible in the least bit.

2 hours ago, GWXCORE said:

The drags and T20's and BF's and such are spawned by faction script to my knowledge. Maybe @Pertinax could give insight? I apologize for the tag, but I know you are knowledgeable on this and would like your clarification. 

Not going to participate. Everyone here just twist words and every one here doesn't know the hole picture.

Edited by Pertinax

1 minute ago, Pertinax said:

Not going to participate. Everyone here just twist words and every one here doesn't know the hole picture.

If you don't want to participate why respond. Seems like a relatively simple question. Are the PD and SD using faction vehicles or opting for there personal vehicles. That in it self is simple.

• Like 1

SD has a BF400, a Hakuchou and an 811. They are all spawned in through /fspawn and are vehicles that we have had to ICly request from the government and to be granted the funds for them, had to log each and every pursuit in a spreadsheet for I think 3 weeks. They are faction vehicles, supplied by the government to be able to stand a chance against the abundance of super cars and bikes we face on a daily. We've got enough, thanks guys.

1 minute ago, flow said:

SD has a BF400, a Hakuchou and an 811. They are all spawned in through /fspawn and are vehicles that we have had to ICly request from the government and to be granted the funds for them, had to log each and every pursuit in a spreadsheet for I think 3 weeks. They are faction vehicles, supplied by the government to be able to stand a chance against the abundance of super cars and bikes we face on a daily. We've got enough, thanks guys.

(but you still use your personal drag 😞 )

Just now, Xypint said:

(but you still use your personal drag 😞 )

The vehicles we get through /fspawn are not upgraded sadly. That's a script issue we are trying to get fixed. There are currently 3 people in SD that are allowed to use personal vehicles, that's the Sheriff, Undersheriff and Assistant Sheriff. Nobody else can.

32 minutes ago, flow said:

The vehicles we get through /fspawn are not upgraded sadly. That's a script issue we are trying to get fixed. There are currently 3 people in SD that are allowed to use personal vehicles, that's the Sheriff, Undersheriff and Assistant Sheriff. Nobody else can.

So if we were to see someone not that rank driving their personal vehicle on duty would would b e the process for addressing that?

1 minute ago, TheBrohman said:

In the Sheriff's Department's Rank Authority it is stated under Assistant Sheriff that they can use a personal vehicle for patrolling within reason. Meaning that that is the lowest rank you can be to do that. 

My opinion is that this makes zero sense as that allows for anyone to choose the personal vehicle over their patrol vehicle. If you ar on duty I feel you should be required at least at lower ranks to drive your faction specific vehicles. "Within Reason" leaves way too much up for interpretation.

2 minutes ago, Sineye said:

My opinion is that this makes zero sense as that allows for anyone to choose the personal vehicle over their patrol vehicle. If you ar on duty I feel you should be required at least at lower ranks to drive your faction specific vehicles. "Within Reason" leaves way too much up for interpretation.

What? No? The assistant sheriffs are the ones that are the third highest rank in the entire department. There is literally 3 people in the department right now that can use their personal vehicles for patrolling. That is Sheriff Osborn, Undersheriff Wallace and Assistant Sheriff Jurrick. I do not get where you are getting "anyone to choose the personal vehicle over their patrol vehicle" from.

Edited by TheBrohman

7 hours ago, TheBrohman said:

What? No? The assistant sheriffs are the ones that are the third highest rank in the entire department. There is literally 3 people in the department right now that can use their personal vehicles for patrolling. That is Sheriff Osborn, Undersheriff Wallace and Assistant Sheriff Jurrick. I do not get where you are getting "anyone to choose the personal vehicle over their patrol vehicle" from.

I misunderstood you. I thought you meant the ranks under assistant sheriff not under the guidelines for assistant sheriff. I'm 100% fine with that, my brain was just not functioning last night.

I'm not speaking for PD on this one, what they do is on them. 

Regarding the sheriff department, The people you see driving VERY non-SD vehicles belong to members of high command. These guys have been there from the start and were all PD veterans who took the time to form the sheriff department. Anyone else who does use their personal vehicle without permission/behind command back is likely to get a nasty slap and or worse. 

Also SUV's are shit, The crown vics are only useful because we spent a month documenting pursuits how something such as a buffalo would outspeed a cruiser, then they got their buffs regarding speed but their turning is poop. 

Also, all our special vehicles. Such as high speed motorcycles and the T20 are unmodded, so a civilian/modded version is able to clearly best it unless the driver is a goofball.

I want a contender for SD 😤

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Actualbears said:

I'm not speaking for PD on this one, what they do is on them. 

Regarding the sheriff department, The people you see driving VERY non-SD vehicles belong to members of high command. These guys have been there from the start and were all PD veterans who took the time to form the sheriff department. Anyone else who does use their personal vehicle without permission/behind command back is likely to get a nasty slap and or worse. 

Also SUV's are shit, The crown vics are only useful because we spent a month documenting pursuits how something such as a buffalo would outspeed a cruiser, then they got their buffs regarding speed but their turning is poop. 

Also, all our special vehicles. Such as high speed motorcycles and the T20 are unmodded, so a civilian/modded version is able to clearly best it unless the driver is a goofball.

I want a contender for SD 😤

I agree, our cruisers are lacking in handling and stability. Without these we stand little chance against any bike. I would think it would be non-rp to drive crazy off-road with a bike that isn't the bf400 or another dirt bike. IRL I don't think bikes with street tires can handle well off-road, they would spin out on the dirt and rough terrain but in GTA they can handle with ease off-road. I honestly would just want our cruisers to be able to handle off-road cause right now they cant at all. 

Edited by zo0p

In my opinion the issue is not the lack of off-road vehicles but rather a misuse of road vehicles by the players

9/10 triads on drags climb an 70 degree incline on chilliad to escape a chase. In reality, the second you drive onto sand/grass you would fall over, since drag bikes are not meant for this use. There are many more examples.

My point is, there should be a rule against driving off-road in vehicles that are not meant to drive off-road.

3 hours ago, bumbalaga said:

In my opinion the issue is not the lack of off-road vehicles but rather a misuse of road vehicles by the players

9/10 triads on drags climb an 70 degree incline on chilliad to escape a chase. In reality, the second you drive onto sand/grass you would fall over, since drag bikes are not meant for this use. There are many more examples.

My point is, there should be a rule against driving off-road in vehicles that are not meant to drive off-road.

I don't fully agree with this. How often do you see criminals in police chases take street vehicles off road. In very large chases IRL it happens relatively frequently. No I go agree on the front of going up a "70 degree incline" might be somewhat unrealistic but the fact stands those vehicle could handle 85-90% of off road just find and implementing a rule to cover that 10% would take up way too much of the staff's time and in my opinion be futile. 

On another note as described above SD has bf400 as a faction vehicle. This should suffice just fine to combat these instances and if PD does not have access to these that could be easily fixed by implementing them.

1 hour ago, Sineye said:

I don't fully agree with this. How often do you see criminals in police chases take street vehicles off road. In very large chases IRL it happens relatively frequently. No I go agree on the front of going up a "70 degree incline" might be somewhat unrealistic but the fact stands those vehicle could handle 85-90% of off road just find and implementing a rule to cover that 10% would take up way too much of the staff's time and in my opinion be futile. 

On another note as described above SD has bf400 as a faction vehicle. This should suffice just fine to combat these instances and if PD does not have access to these that could be easily fixed by implementing them.

This is pretty much a Hakuchou. Struggling at crawling through sand, imagine going 100KM/h

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.