Bala

Account Specific Donator Vehicles

I'm on the fence about the donator vehicles. I kind of feel like if there is perhaps one that interests me at the right price, I might be tempted to buy one but if I understood what someone told me correctly, the donator vehicles in addition to not being sell-able (which is fine) are also specific to the character you buy them on.

I'm sure there is some practical reason for this that is just not apparent, but I feel like at the very least if you've dropped 30.. 50.. 80 euros on a vehicle, you should be able to drive it on any of your character's accounts. If it's to stop people moving items from character to character, then you can just put an inventory lock on items placed by other characters on that account. Anyone that aids you in transferring items from character to character without prior approval would be breaking the rules.

You could keep the ownership as the character you've purchased it on, but just automatically give a permanent key to your other characters. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I personally have bought credit vehicles on two characters that I have hardly played, one being the price of 2700 credits and the other 4500. Both completely wasted and fully regret buying them on that character and wish I had bought them on my main. With this addition it will allow me to use it on any of my characters. Another possible idea could be paying 500 credits to transfer the vehicle to another character of yours? This would give it a fee but also stop people from abusing it as you mentioned.

+1

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry Harmone said:

I personally have bought credit vehicles on two characters that I have hardly played, one being the price of 2700 credits and the other 4500. Both completely wasted and fully regret buying them on that character and wish I had bought them on my main. With this addition it will allow me to use it on any of my characters. Another possible idea could be paying 500 credits to transfer the vehicle to another character of yours? This would give it a fee but also stop people from abusing it as you mentioned.

+1

It is possible for the vehicle to be moved or transferred over to the alt character by request, Just message one of tbe founders and wait for their reply, I've asked Osvaldon in the past and waited patiently.

Edited by Jimmy Pegorino
  • Like 1

I think people who have donated to the server should be able to use credit vehicles in other characters, but I don't know if it should be done on demand. Maybe introduce a vehicle transfer limit per week. So you can transfer your car to a character (you can only do this when the trunk is empty) and then the car will be locked in and unable to be transfered for a week. 

Coming from someone who only plays one character, it still makes no sense that they are bound to a single character and not account. 

These vehicles were purchased via ooc means, meaning they should not be restricted to different IC characters. Especially as they are backed by the restriction of no resale for IC value. 

Perhaps have each character you make be supplied with the stock version of the vehicle. They could gain access to these vehicles after that character meets a certain XP threshold, allowing for more natural character development. Once they meet this requirement they would collect from the import lot for no fee. Then they can invest the IC cash to upgrade and develop the car, instead of receiving high class/value vehicles on a fresh character instantly, which to me is a poor system. 

Nothing is more off than seeing ((New Player)) whippin down the road in a Sultan RS, that they can't even afford to maintain. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

Nothing is more off than seeing ((New Player)) whippin down the road in a Sultan RS, that they can't even afford to maintain. 

Why is seeing this off putting? The person contributed to the server. Why is that problem to you? Do they not deserve it? What’s the difference between a new player and not a new player? Some XP? Some time?

What measurable attribute would you suggest be used to determine if someone should be allowed to make a credit purchase? 

I don’t understand how something like this would be a problem. 

It’s not to much to maintain a Sultan RS. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Atkins said:

Why is seeing this off putting? The person contributed to the server. Why is that problem to you? Do they not deserve it? What’s the difference between a new player and not a new player? Some XP? Some time?

Keep in mind the Sultan RS is a super car.

1 hour ago, Steve Atkins said:

What measurable attribute would you suggest be used to determine if someone should be allowed to make a credit purchase? 

I don’t understand how something like this would be a problem. 

I don't think you realise the release price of a sultan rs from mors, or the repair costs it brings at mechanic shops. That amount of money is not commonly easily output by new players. 

Hence why its off putting, what kind of character development makes sense that you appear in town and magically have a car that others have paid millions for? 

If you take a second to read my post properly, I said in that XP could be used measure a simulated version of character development, giving character xp some reason to be locked per character as it currently is. 

• Like 1
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 1

if I took a second to read properly? 

Don’t be like that. Have some courtesy. 

How much is it to pull the RS from mors or get it repaired? The price of repairing or getting the car from Mors is irrelevant to wether someone should be able to own one or not. 

Everyone’s RP story dosent have to include being a poor broke nobody who just got into town with nothing more than a dream. Having a fast car and being new to town isn’t completely far from reality.

Edited by Steve Atkins

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

you should donate to support, not to buy a car. I think its fine like this and yoru characters can not know about eachothers existance. Having an officer pulling you over in a shared car will become a mess.

Doesn't that defeat the whole point of the credit store? Yes, donating it to support the server but the majority of players do it to purchase something they want as well. For example, people buy VIP for the reduced fuel and reduced tax benefits and if this were to not exist the amount of donators would decrease massively.

Edited by Harry Harmone

3 minutes ago, Harry Harmone said:

Doesn't that defeat the whole point of the credit store? Yes, donating it to support the server but the majority of players do it to purchase something they want as well. For example, people buy VIP for the reduced fuel and reduced tax benefits and if this were to not exist the amount of donators would decrease massively.

I am just mentioning what ECRP staff pretty much says though. it's more like a sign of appreciation I reckon. I just think we should be happy we get somethign in return aswell.

Edited by Yputi

I’m very happy to be here. I appreciate the work the devs and staff put in. That’s why I wanted to donate. But I also got a sick vehicle too. Win win I think. 

Back to the topic. 
+1 for giving stock car to each character for donator vehicle purchases. Or however it was phrased. 

Edited by Steve Atkins

Eh let's be clear, you can donate 10 euros to support the server. If you are spending 80, you are looking for something.

I was halfway through writing the original suggestion and thought to myself, hmm I can see where the problems arise.

The suggestion of each character gets a stock version of that vehicle is fantastic, but I would add that only one version of that vehicle could be deployed in the world at that time. 

Anything else defeats the purpose of donating for a rare car. Essentially if you were in a gang, you could give the two sets of car keys to someone and they are driving around two different versions of one car that you've paid for.

I can see why it is like it is, because it is a lot simpler script wise, but it's overly restrictive. I think if they altered in the ways we are talking about, essentially that is going to make the donation vehicles more appealing to buy which in turn is going to support the server more and dare I say it, make the founders more money. Everyone is then a winner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.