obama

Name changing

name changing is only available threw F6 you change your name only using credits and its not an option anymore at PD even at first change.   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should name changing get back to desk ?

I've noticed that name changing costs credits and it is no more available at police desk which is kinda unfair for some players , i am from Tunisia and we don't have an international online payment so its hard to buy credits i'll suggest adding the name change section in both sides police desk and F6 ( credits shop ) honestly i was planning to change my name a while ago but when i went to the police station it didn't work Please community Please I've said it twice , this is unfair for most of the players who live in countrys that don't have an international online payment system please again .

Edited by obama
  • Like 1

The first name change is 25k IG currency, the second name change per character CANNOT be bought with IG currency and has to be purchased with credits. I understand your frustration and might consider changing the location to the DMV, where realistically you’d change your name, rather than PD.

16 hours ago, DetectiveStone said:

The first name change is 25k IG currency, the second name change per character CANNOT be bought with IG currency and has to be purchased with credits. I understand your frustration and might consider changing the location to the DMV, where realistically you’d change your name, rather than PD.

+1

Edited by obama
  • Like 1

I don’t know if the new update removes the feature to name change using  IC currency or not but yes I do agree it should be at PD. I think it makes more sense to get the chance to RP doing some paperwork with the officer on the desk when changing your name.

+1

Also, can relate on the credits part because I’m from Indonesia and it was a struggle for me to buy credits at first as well. Although I’ve found a workaround through 3rd party people, try to look for trusted 3rd party services to do online paypal transactions that you pay with cash.

I don't think name changes should be easier/cheaper.

Changing your name is something that happens once in a lifetime, usually, and is rare outside of marriage.
Yes we have people changing their names 3-4 times for silly reasons (mostly to get attention or get a laugh).

If anything, permission for name changes should be stricter, not easier.

1 hour ago, Jasmine said:

I don't think name changes should be easier/cheaper.

Changing your name is something that happens once in a lifetime, usually, and is rare outside of marriage.
Yes we have people changing their names 3-4 times for silly reasons (mostly to get attention or get a laugh).

If anything, permission for name changes should be stricter, not easier.

i didn't say it should be easier or free , please read the full topic before you reply .

You cannot change your name anymore if once in a lifetime now you need credits to change your name more than 1 time which is UNFAIR for most of the people that play from other countries , you would've voted yes if you were understanding.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Yputi said:

I would think a system where you can request one should be better than any payment option though. No IC or OOC currency at all. Just good and realistic reasons to have a name change that will get reviewed and approved or denied.

+1

• Like 1

Personally, I prefer the way name changes are now.  I do not believe it should return to the in game option it had before, as this often promotes a careless attitude towards changing names.

I can agree that there are plenty of reasons to change it, but unfortunately if its really worth it, then using credits is worth it.

If you live in a country that does not have the ability to perform international transactions, that's unfortunate. It's a shame but that should not restrict the progression of the server or these types of decisions. This new system, in my opinion, improves the server and should remain.  I am not totally familiar with the options you may have, but you could attempt to get someone to gift you credits.

Either way, -1.

1 hour ago, Kai said:

Personally, I prefer the way name changes are now.  I do not believe it should return to the in game option it had before, as this often promotes a careless attitude towards changing names.

I can agree that there are plenty of reasons to change it, but unfortunately if its really worth it, then using credits is worth it.

If you live in a country that does not have the ability to perform international transactions, that's unfortunate. It's a shame but that should not restrict the progression of the server or these types of decisions. This new system, in my opinion, improves the server and should remain.  I am not totally familiar with the options you may have, but you could attempt to get someone to gift you credits.

Either way, -1.

unfair.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.