kenichis

Tutorial after Passing Quiz

If you’re active on the ECRP Discord then you’ve probably seen all of the people saying that “my map is glitched” or “my map is missing,” “how do I talk on voice chat” or any other sort of questions. The solution should be simple, just make an introduction phase when you first join (after passing quiz) that explains the button layout.

Example: Shows a picture of the keyboard with all used keys and their functions

Then they should mention that there are no crosshairs to make shootouts more immersive, you need a map / gps to view the map, etc.. Even when I first joined it was very confusing, I didn’t know how to enter the passenger seat, how to talk, even using the F4 help menu it was still somewhat difficult interpreting some of the commands. Overall if they do decide to add this it would help a lot of people especially now that theres a huge influx of new players.

Just my thoughts, feel free to add any more suggestions or why you would disagree / agree below! Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A guide could help as well. Feel free to collect up what you think is missing from the current guides, and create one. 

Or reply to the relevant guides that are there and they may update their guide to include that info.

I think an in game tutorial is unlikely, and once played cannot be referenced again. Guides are always accessible.

Edited by Jasmine

18 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

A guide could help as well. Feel free to collect up what you think is missing from the current guides, and create one. 

Yes some people has also told me this however, judging from my own experience there is not enough word about the guides and where to find them. When I first joined in June this year, I didn’t even own a forums account yet and has only opened it to report someone for a rulebreak. Making an in-game tutorial is a surefire way for everyone to get the very basic knowledge on how to play on Eclipse.

If we only rely on player made guides, its unlikely that all 100% of the new players will read them, some of them might quit in frustration. If a tutorial does get added, a message could also be sent at the end for the players to seek help in the guides section in-case they need any more info.

16 hours ago, krooks365 said:

+1 I think this is a good idea. Just like the DMV 'tutorial' that we have to take to get our license. That just quickly goes over the basic of basic questions for new players. I had to figure it out by just pressing buttons on my first day and referencing F4 to make sure it matched up ha.

Yes, the recently doing the DMV tutorial again on an alt character made me think of this suggestion. Atleast with a dedicated tutorial everyone must see atleast once before spawning, we can avoid being asked the same questions over and over.

15 hours ago, zakara711 said:

Could be in the form of a flyer in the persons inventory, with the commands and key binds etc. Just my two pence.

Dunno about that, maybe it could be good for IC info like where to make your licenses, etc. But I think there should still be a OOC info tutorial which (in my eyes) are more important as IC info can easily be found by asking people on the street IC.

4 hours ago, Architer said:

This should not be a thing as you can find guides on forums or you could just go and ask on #ihaveaquestion on the ECRP Discord server. Which I would happily reply to any questions that has been asked!

It would be much more efficient if just everyone was made sure to have seen it, the guides as they are right now are only in the forums meaning that not every new player will see them, I sure didn't see them when I first joined.

Also my entire reasoning was to just avoid the spam of the same questions over and over on the ECRP discord.

• Like 2

I think a tutorial would be nice, I genuinely help a lot of the new players when they ask and some don't have a clue what they're doing. 

This tutorial could be a video when they first connect after the quiz. It could show places of work, bank, how certain business work (Ordering a car) and so on.

It could be in separate sections and maybe even included inside the F5 Help menu. This would allow the video to open in game and not take the user out of GTA V. 

Edited by Chrisy
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.