davidw

Hidden Pocket

Would like to suggest that there be a hidden pocket in a person's inventory when being frisked by non-law enforcement officers that would conceal 1 item from view. This would allow players to keep 1 item of value from being stolen when being searched.  There's an imbalance between criminals and civilians and a high likelihood of being robbed multiple times per session. While both criminals and civilians could take advantage of the "hidden pocket" to an extent, I think something like this could help alleviate the unrealistic number robbery attempts that frequently happen over a short amount of time.

• Would not be hidden from on-duty LEO.
    Edit: As far as LEO being able to see the pocket, I was mainly thinking of the amplified risk of certain contraband being introduced into secure facilities in mind and potentially getting out of hand.. Perhaps this wasn't the proper way of thinking and the volume size could deter it from reaching that status.
  • Limited to a single item (and regulatory on volume size).
Edited by davidw

You can use /me and /do to hide your item on your person and let the person searching you know about it
Also disagree with a "Unfindable pocket" for certain people or w/e

This suggestion simply makes no sense to me
-1 from me

Edited by Tomvd682

How does this suggestion make "no sense"? It's a minute counter to how frequently civilians are being robbed. As far as LEO being able to see the pocket, I was mainly thinking of the amplified risk of certain contraband being introduced into secure facilities in mind. Perhaps this wasn't the proper way of thinking and the volume size could deter it from getting out of hand.

IC the particle of clothing could be bought at the store. Something along the lines of the hidden pocket variation being an up-charge.

Edited by davidw

-1 from me 

When being frisked by any individual, they are thoroughly patting you down and going through your pockets to check for any and all items in your possession. Along with this, it does not make sense for a LEO to be able to see this pocket while every other person cannot. Some non-LEOs have very detailed RP of their frisk and to deny them the right to see this pocket does not make sense.

• Upvote 1

This should not be implemented in game as there is a solution for this which is RP'ing it with /me, /do, /time and take a screenshot to make a different scenario when you get frisked either by a government worker or a criminal! 

I don't think we should worry about this kind of updates as this already has a simple solution!

• Like 1

Eh.. I see where you're coming from there are a few places that you could hide things. Would be scriptly a nice thing but unnecessary. It all comes to honesty, me/do's and not powergaming. 

When being searched, "/dolow some items may be hidden and not easily found." or "/dolow bobby pins would not be found in pockets".  I also probably wouldn't respond with a location if they "/do where would they be found?" since it takes RP to find it, may give them a hint, but would expect them to check everywhere with /me's if they really want to find something that can be easily hidden.

If they're in a hurry, high chances they wont find it. If they want to detail search you and they RP the detailing, they'll probably find it. Or you can just /dice between each other.

I wouldn't mind seeing 'designations' for inventory areas, like 'left/right/rear' pockets and expanding on that some day.

Overall, really comes down to good RP. -1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.