trashplayboi

New Jobs - Leatherworking & Lumberjack

With a small selection of legal jobs, why not add more for people to pick between and have a better civilian life?

Leatherworking

• /skin will use a equipped knife to skin the dead animal carcass of it's hide/skin (30s anim).
  • Transport the raw hide to the garment factory where you can tan and sow the skin (30s anim per piece)
  • Take the fine leather hide to the nearest clothing store and drop it off somewhere inside for $$$

Hunting Locations & Garment Factory
eT9CSle.png

6wfyFDn.png

AS4O41u.png

Lumberjack

• /chop will use an axe to chop one of the trees in the surrounding area and receive X amount of wood (30s-1min with a 5 min same tree cooldown)
  • Use the saw at the sawmill to convert the pieces of wood to pieces of lumber (15s per piece of wood)
  • Drop the pieces of lumber off inside the sawmill at the lumber stacks for $$$. 
  • Possibly make wooden pieces quite heavy, requiring trucks etc to transport them. 

Since this job is done all within the sawmill/the surrounding area the amount of $ earned per lumber piece should be relative or the animations should take longer to equal the payout with other jobs. 

Sawmill
Paleto%20Forest%20Sawmill.jpg

Let me know what everyone thinks, proposed changes etc.

Edited by trashplayboi
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, ChuckM said:

I like both ideas. Somehow they could be incorporated to make clothing and furniture so it closes the loop on just generating those items out of thin air. 

Great idea. No idea about the most optimal/realistic way to incorporate both but it makes a lot of sense to have both these jobs linked to clothing/furniture stores.

8 hours ago, ChuckM said:

I like both ideas. Somehow they could be incorporated to make clothing and furniture so it closes the loop on just generating those items out of thin air. 

+1 to this aspect in particular, 

Perhaps clothing stores can be converted to player owned businesses similar to the general stores and truckers have to deliver clothes to the stores.

2 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

+1 to this aspect in particular, 

Perhaps clothing stores can be converted to player owned businesses similar to the general stores and truckers have to deliver clothes to the stores.

Clothing Stores being turned to businesses is something that's been kind of rumoured to arrive soon anyway. The only issue is that specifically for clothing stores the items would fluctuate in price so much if they are player owned. I really don't want to pay 30k for a mask you feel?

Idea is good in general but would really need to be thought out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.