Bala

Gang Run Drug Labs

I'd like to make a suggestion about the drug labs. Right now, they are out in the middle of nowhere in Blaine County. Anyone can stroll by, use one free of charge and cops are alerted really regular to a lab and they'll close it down, have to forget it exists and then be back there again the next day.

My suggestion is to remove these server-spawned, server-run drug labs and replace them with labs that the official factions can set-up themselves wherever they want on the map. 

• Criminals could set up their drug lab at any non-taken residence in the city, it would just have to be enabled by a staff member in-game so we don't get labs at non-rp locations. 
  • They would pay a modest fee to create the lab (RPly to cover the drug making materials and equipment)
  • The lab creation would take like 4-5 minutes to fully set up.
  • To use the lab, people would have to rent it out to make their drugs. (That's how the gangs make their money, they'd set the rental price)
  • Rival Gangs would be able to steal the money from the labs and the PD would be able to confiscate the money as well.
  • You could deassemble your own lab but this would take 4-5 minutes also.
  • Rival gangs and PD/Firefighters could destroy your lab if they found out about it.
  • There would be a max of 2-3 labs in the city at any one time and each faction could only have one lab running. This is so it still gets used.
  • Drug Labs would exist until they are destroyed or disassembled.
  • Your faction could only create a drug lab, once every 24 hours to prevent abuse.

The idea here would be that something like the drug system would be controlled by the gangs, not the server and also, it's encouraging person to person roleplay. If you are a drug maker and you are small time, you've got to make contacts with the gangs of the server to do your thing. The same thing goes for the gangs, you've got to sell your lab to people and create contacts with people looking to make drugs.

It also takes away some of the ridiculousness surrounding these labs, where you gotta have selective memory and stuff. In terms of Law Enforcement, we have to be a little more clever about how we learn about these labs (involving Investigation Bureau more) and how we shut them down.

For me, this suggestion promotes competition within factions, allows them more control over the crime in the server and also, makes the drug labs more of a challenge for law enforcement.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, HaminLord said:

Osvaldon has already made a comment regarding this in a previous suggestion a few months ago. This is what was said then:

image.thumb.png.85cd7d56a5210978ce6049754ea0d1c2.png

Since it's been about 8 months, a suggestion reaffirming the community's thoughts on the matter would be warranted, I think.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if I love the idea that they have free reign over the city and can take up at any non-taken residence. I would rather see you be able to purchase via laptop drug growing/making equipment like lab stations and potted plants and have buy the residents yourselves and fit the equipment in them.... So if someone has a 2g you use that location to make your drugs. 

So +1 for part of the idea -1 for the other.

1 minute ago, BellamyJames said:

I don't know if I love the idea that they have free reign over the city and can take up at any non-taken residence. I would rather see you be able to purchase via laptop drug growing/making equipment like lab stations and potted plants and have buy the residents yourselves and fit the equipment in them.... So if someone has a 2g you use that location to make your drugs. 

So +1 for part of the idea -1 for the other.

To flush that out a bit more, I mean like any residence you own you can use to make drugs in, but the cops are actively searching for drug labs, keeps you moving it between different residences of the gangs, it's dangerous to just be sitting on a pile of drugs waiting to be sold, spread it out, hide it, keep it moving between differnt houses, etc.... but the drug labs can be set up and taken down like any furniture you can place. so you can pass it off to someone if you know your house is on lookout by the PD and can move the whole lab to a new residence that's owned by one of the gang members. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

This seems like a really cool idea.

Gangs could choose to keep the location secret for security, or rent it out to people for money but have to deal with the risk of it getting raided.

Right, they can just make the drugs themselves and keep the location in-house but the responsibility to shift the product is on them then or they can rent it out to people to make extra bank.

I like this suggestion a lot, but just have some quick questions. How would the labs be acquired?  Through illegal imports and the like? Also, would these function like the drug labs we have now, in which you can craft everything, or would they be limited to a single drug?

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 4:28 PM, iAchieve said:

I like this suggestion a lot, but just have some quick questions. How would the labs be acquired?  Through illegal imports and the like? Also, would these function like the drug labs we have now, in which you can craft everything, or would they be limited to a single drug?

Well, see here is the thing, the actual lab equipment in itself isn't illegal, so I suppose you could just buy it from a location in the city really, like you do with furniture. 
My suggestion would be to buy the equipment from Humane Labs. It's not an area that has much traffic around it and in RP terms, the building is full of the kinds of lab equipment you'd need.

As for the system itself, I don't think there is any need to change the recipes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it unless you're sure you can improve it, right?

4 hours ago, Ricko said:

+1 but find solution for no gang members who work on their own, like selling weed only since its easiest to prepare and its perfectly normal that one guy can do that alone.

I wouldn't be opposed to allowing people to grow weed in their own properties but also, I feel like the whole point of the suggestion is to give the gangs a little more control over things. If you want to grow weed, get in with a gang.

Also, I'd like to suggest if you cook the hazardous drugs without a mask on, it does some small damage to your health.

8 hours ago, JayGamble said:

+1 I posted the initial suggestion for dynamic drug labs; I've been looking forward to the idea for a very long time. 

There you go devs, Eclipse's Pablo Escobar likes this idea so what more do you need?

• Like 1
  • PogU 1

+1

Looking forward to this.

Growing weed would be an obstacle. Implementing large plots for weed in Blaine county would be cool which forces transportation and protection. Also, selling weed wholesale would become another avenue which could promote RP between gangs and independent/unaffiliated drug dealers. Some narcotics don't require weed but the ones that do would require a lot of interior space to grow inside and most people get bored/afk while growing. Separating the growing and cooking aspects would create some dynamic interactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.