Eshu

Allow Government Employees To Carry While On Duty

With the new gun laws, it's extremely hard to obtain a gun license.  Government employees should be aloud to carry a basic pistol as part of their uniforms.  Being on the job prevents you from committing crimes anyways so it'd be used for only protection and most people that were able to get a government job in the first place are more than likely great citizens and RP'ers.  If you do happen to get stopped on the job by police while carrying, police should just RP with you and view it as part of your uniform if you can prove to them you are currently working. When I say government jobs I'm referring to all the faction jobs you have to apply to here on the forums.     Thoughts?

Edited by Eshu

49 minutes ago, Eshu said:

With the new gun laws, it's extremely hard to obtain a gun license.  Government employees should be aloud to carry a basic pistol as part of their uniforms.  Being on the job prevents you from committing crimes anyways so it'd be used for only protection and most people that were able to get a government job in the first place are more than likely great citizens and RP'ers.  If you do happen to get stopped on the job by police while carrying, police should just RP with you and view it as part of your uniform if you can prove to them you are currently working. When I say government jobs I'm referring to all the faction jobs you have to apply to here on the forums.     Thoughts?

If they are great rpers, upstanding citizens and don't break the law, what stops them from just applying for a license like everyone else?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flow said:

If they are great rpers, upstanding citizens and don't break the law, what stops them from just applying for a license like everyone else?

The point of this thread isint arguing about how easy or hard it is to obtain the new gun license. 

3 minutes ago, Eshu said:

The point of this thread isint arguing about how easy or hard it is to obtain the new gun license. 

2 hours ago, Eshu said:

With the new gun laws, it's extremely hard to obtain a gun license.  Government employees should be aloud to carry a basic pistol as part of their uniforms.

I'm confused.

Anyways, your suggestion lacks why this should be a thing and why mechanics, taxi drivers etc cannot just go and obtain a gun license the official way?

• Like 3

One would assume that if you are working in goverment it would be really easy to get a gun license for the reason mentioned by flow. If you are working in government and can't get a gun license then there is a very high chance that you should not be there. 

• Like 2

Government employees should absolutely be allowed to carry a weapon while on duty, if they have a gun license. I imagine part of the recruitment process for these people includes a background check, so the people in these positions should be capable of acquiring said license.

• Like 1

I mean, if they gave every taxi driver in NY a gun just for being a cab driver....

For me ICly, no thanks, that just makes me a target for robberies. People know all cab drivers have on them is a radio, which keeps robberies to a minimum.

No thanks to inserting a reason to rob me into my uniform.

31 minutes ago, Linden said:

Government employees should absolutely be allowed to carry a weapon while on duty, if they have a gun license. I imagine part of the recruitment process for these people includes a background check, so the people in these positions should be capable of acquiring said license.

+1. Absolutely agree with the reasoning that Linden made.

1 hour ago, dawpi said:

+1. Absolutely agree with the reasoning that Linden made.

It's a problem when said employee can't get a license. To quote a discussion in Weazel news discord... So yea I think there's a problem here.

I literally can not get a gun license to defend myself because of a crime i committed back in October... wow

Yep.

Also if you got reckless driving and they don't like ya face you won't get it.

3 hours ago, Eshu said:

It's a problem when said employee can't get a license. To quote a discussion in Weazel news discord... So yea I think there's a problem here.

I literally can not get a gun license to defend myself because of a crime i committed back in October... wow

Yep.

Also if you got reckless driving and they don't like ya face you won't get it.

The following are the crimes that will get your request denied:

GM01 - Aggravated Assault or Assault on a Government Employee

GM02 - Battery

GM03 - Possession of a Blade

GM07 - Possession of a Fake Operator License or ID Card

GM08 - Identity Theft

GM10 - Vigilantism

GM12 - Predatory Lending

GM13 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer

GM14 - Criminal Threats

GM16 - Animal Abuse

GM18 - Bribery

NM06 - Stalking

WM02 - Carrying an Unlicensed Firearm or Weapon

WM05 - Possession of a Firearm while Intoxicated

DM02 - Possession of a Controlled Substance While Armed

As you can see, these crimes will rightfully prevent anyone from carrying a licensed firearm. 

If someone is denied a license based on the guidelines, they shouldn't get one through a backdoor either. Why is it a problem when someone convicted of the above crimes is not issued a license? 

Edited by flow

1 hour ago, flow said:

The following are the crimes that will get your request denied:

GM01 - Aggravated Assault or Assault on a Government Employee

GM02 - Battery

GM03 - Possession of a Blade

GM07 - Possession of a Fake Operator License or ID Card

GM08 - Identity Theft

GM10 - Vigilantism

GM12 - Predatory Lending

GM13 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer

GM14 - Criminal Threats

GM16 - Animal Abuse

GM18 - Bribery

NM06 - Stalking

WM02 - Carrying an Unlicensed Firearm or Weapon

WM05 - Possession of a Firearm while Intoxicated

DM02 - Possession of a Controlled Substance While Armed

As you can see, these crimes will rightfully prevent anyone from carrying a licensed firearm. 

If someone is denied a license based on the guidelines, they shouldn't get one through a backdoor either. Why is it a problem when someone convicted of the above crimes is not issued a license? 

It’s an issue when someone that committed a crime back in October currently can’t get a license 6 months later. Do you not see that as an issue? 

1 hour ago, Eshu said:

It’s an issue when someone that committed a crime back in October currently can’t get a license 6 months later. Do you not see that as an issue? 

No because, and try to stay with me here though it's a hard concept to understand, we are role-playing. Your character should have depth and progression, it is supposed to be something you care about. Your character has done those things in the past, made decisions that were wrong and is now paying the price for it. Actions carry consequences and will stick with that character. This is supposed to be like that, role-playing isn't a one day kinda thing where you're entitled to new beginnings everytime you feel like it. You did something on that character, now pay the price. If that's too much to handle then you can always CK and get your true new beginning. 

AFAIK there are no penal codes against carrying a personal firearm while on duty for a government faction. I believe it is up to the discretion of the company as to whether they allow their employees to conceal carry or not. If you are suggesting that government factions (LSC, DCC, etc..) should have a scripted gun as apart of their uniform then I don't think that will ever happen has it doesn't make much RP sense. 

12 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

AFAIK there are no penal codes against carrying a personal firearm while on duty for a government faction. I believe it is up to the discretion of the company as to whether they allow their employees to conceal carry or not. If you are suggesting that government factions (LSC, DCC, etc..) should have a scripted gun as apart of their uniform then I don't think that will ever happen has it doesn't make much RP sense. 

No just that if you do get into a situation with the police while on duty, I would ask that they RP you having a gun without a license be okay if you're on duty.  Of course this is just basic pistols and with no illegal attachments. 

2 hours ago, Randyrandul said:

Unfortunately it's completely an Ic issue, write to the commissioners / cheif of police / protest whatever you like to make them change their mind. 

Yeah I was hoping father osborn would see this and comment. 

This can not happen as long as factions like DCC, LSC and Bayview are allowed to hire felons. They have actual criminals working for their companies and you wish to give them access to carry guns without a license.

big -1

If they are upstanding citizens, they can get a license the normal way. If they are convicted felons, they should not get access to a pseudo-license.

9 hours ago, Eshu said:

You said Government employee, which by definition would mean somebody who is employed by a Government entity. If you are an employee of LSPD, LSEMS, SADOC, or are a member of the City Council then you qualify.

Unless you are telling me that the media is owned by the Government, which would certainly be a terrifying prospect.

Reckless Driving should not disqualify you from getting a firearm license, if it does you should contact the police ICly to talk about it.

21 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

This can not happen as long as factions like DCC, LSC and Bayview are allowed to hire felons. They have actual criminals working for their companies and you wish to give them access to carry guns without a license.

big -1

If they are upstanding citizens, they can get a license the normal way. If they are convicted felons, they should not get access to a pseudo-license.

You’re not giving them a license and you’re not giving them a gun. It’s simply an agreement that if a cop talks to you while your on duty and he sees you have a gun, he gives you a pass. According to the game rules, you can not commit crimes while on duty as it breaks server rules so I don’t see any negatives of this other than government employees being able to protect them self’s while on duty. Either that or there should be a responsible time period where the cops won’t give you a license for something you did 6 months ago. 

Edited by Eshu

Government sets rules for civilians and provides welfare cheques to everyone, so by that logic everyone is a Government employee.

Loads of private organizations receive money from Federal and State Governments IRL, but it doesn't mean the people working there are Government employees.

Edited by Linden
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Linden said:

Government sets rules for civilians and provides welfare cheques to everyone, so by that logic everyone is a Government employee.

Loads of private organizations receive money from Federal and State Governments IRL, but it doesn't mean the people working there are Government employees.

Dude I work there. We are government employees I don’t understand why you’re trying to argue with me lol. 

25 minutes ago, Eshu said:

Dude I work there. We are government employees I don’t understand why you’re trying to argue with me lol. 

Well if you truely are a governement faction there is so much wrong with that including the fact that the news should not be controlled or owned by the governement, especially in a place modeled after the USA.

Secondly if you do have a criminal record and are working for a government organisation there is something really wrong with that organisation and whoever is running it should be fired. Mentioned above is a list of all the things you will be denied for, if you have done any of those things then you are infact a criminal and should not be carrying a weapon. If you got denied for something that is not on that lise, then this is an IC issue and you need to go to the police station and deal with it

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DiCarlo said:

Well if you truely are a governement faction there is so much wrong with that including the fact that the news should not be controlled or owned by the governement, especially in a place modeled after the USA.

Secondly if you do have a criminal record and are working for a government organisation there is something really wrong with that organisation and whoever is running it should be fired. Mentioned above is a list of all the things you will be denied for, if you have done any of those things then you are infact a criminal and should not be carrying a weapon. If you got denied for something that is not on that lise, then this is an IC issue and you need to go to the police station and deal with it

Thanks for you and intelligent input I will take that into consideration. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.