Luc

Reverting this new gun system

On 4/12/2019 at 10:34 PM, D133790 said:

certain two or three factions becoming more unstoppable than they already are.

well said, the large factions ridiculed me for asking for a crutch for the smaller gangs and now they get a massive boost to their own RP? since ive become a legit player and have ditched the life of a criminla

All I can say is, rip gunstores and rip people who got a speeding ticket 3 months ago. Your update serves everyone but the actual civillians this update served for. Now everyone has guns except those that might need them aren't even allowed to carry them.

18 hours ago, Sauer Stein said:

New gun system is complete garbage.

No, it is not. It has been worked on both within PD and Server Staff for months. If you feel that the previous system was good, where a felon with 20x previous Murder charges could just walk into PD and buy a license with no issues, then your view on this seems to be flawed.

This new system was designed this way - previous convicted felons will not be able to purchase a firearm. There are generally more misdemeanours than felony charges on our penal code (you can view it here.) You can be jailed for so many misdemeanours, but you will still have the opportunity to purchase a new license which in my opinion, seems fairly good for those who don't wish to abide the law.

• Like 1

I am part of an official gang and ur argument with us not wanting to sell you guns is so wrong, doesnt matter what group you are from we will sell you weapons but with a bigger price, this update is great, dont get robbed by randoms every 3.minutes or a new player with pistol already

On 4/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, Jerry Johnson said:

You can all fix this by allowing anybody to import illegal weapons.. there is no "official gang" in real life and individuals can get illegal stuff through the dark web.

You can buy a laptop in-game for 50.000$, maybe make it so you can order guns through that?

We actually use the laptop to import guns, ur whole idea is just stupid, nobody wants to have every player have aks, how is that fun, if you want to run around with unlimited and easy access guns go play gta online and stop whining

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 6:25 AM, Aldari_Tagril said:

Can be answered with: "First of all, it is now incredibly difficult to obtain a weapon as a smaller gang".

Obtaining a gun is not meant to be easy and criminals shouldn't have any access to legal firearms at all, this is after all a roleplay server and felons can't have gun licenses. 

Money is the incentive. Just like real life, acquiring a reputation for scamming your customers may make you a quick buck, but you will establish zero repeat customer base. That's the incentive, to establish repeat customers and nobody will trust a gang that gains a reputation for scamming people.

As is intended. This isn't a win or lose server, that's the roleplay. Sometimes you just lose.

Then they can rob the other gangs or attempt to become official. 

Most crime doesn't require you to have a gun though.

Perhaps the issue is imagination that server mechanics, because I've been able to RP as a criminal and I'm not affiliated with any gang at all, not even a small group. 

Some answers to what you said, "Most crime doesn't require you to have a gun though." Is not true, being an officer you probably don't know this but there are no jobs that can be done without a firearm because they all require you to lock down and hold a location or just be robbed by the mega-3 alliance... 

"Then they can rob the other gangs or attempt to become official. " How exactly do you rob 7 zeta cars packed with AKs when you have to pay 5 hours of work to get a pistol?

"As is intended. This isn't a win or lose server, that's the roleplay. Sometimes you just lose." I agree, though the system definitely needs a little less "everyone else loses"

I totally agree with the new changes, but a few things should happen,  right now importing can only be done by official factions and inside that there is an EXTREMELY limited amount of ammo and guns available... we need to be able to order more small arms if factions are meant to be the new illegal distribution centers... Also faction system currently doesnt allow a person to spend their own money so most factions won't allow their members to access the firearms buying because they are scared people will scam the treasury (despite it being against the rules)... basically the system needs some work... though I dont think the old system was good at all... so lets not pretend what is currently happening is okay. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 10:17 AM, Tautvis said:

We actually use the laptop to import guns, ur whole idea is just stupid, nobody wants to have every player have aks, how is that fun, if you want to run around with unlimited and easy access guns go play gta online and stop whining

Calling real life arms trading on the dark web stupid .. ok dude just stop acting tough behind a screen aight?

Edited by Jerry Johnson

Shit like people getting ripped off by dealers happens all the time in real life and this is a roleplay server which is made to be as realistic as possible. Be the change you want to see on the server. Create your own gang, import guns and sell them fairly. TLDR; deal with it and move on. 

46 minutes ago, DarkGrape said:

Create your own gang, import guns and sell them fairly. TLDR; deal with it and move on. 

You say create your own gang and import like it's nothing. Becoming an official gang takes time, it's not like I can create a gang and import right away.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.