Venxai

FearRP rules and Robbing Simulator

So, everyone here knows that right now the server is a robbing simulator. Unless you're a new player, you've most likely been robbed multiple times. It seems everyone is playing a character that tries to be like Pablo Escobar and acts the tough guy.

Most of the complaints I see is the fact robbing people is too easy. If a gun is pulled out on you, there's literally nothing you can do back really. Can't use the radio for backup, can't try and run away, can't try and fight to death because the FearRP rules say so.

Personally, my IC wouldn't just sit there being robbed for everything they have just because they have a gun pulled on them. It would be a fight to death, and seeing as the New Life Rule is explained in the rules, you lose all memory of what happened before your death anyway. The rules are way too protective of the people doing the robbing, rather than the person getting robbed.

Why can't we pull a gun back out on them and fight to the death? This would decrease the chance of being robbed significantly as people can't just go around robbing people know full well they will just comply with all demands because they have to. 

Like I said, one of the biggest issues right now of the server is it's a robbing simulator which decreases the overall RP of the server, which is saddening as it's great in general. 

I just wish we had a way of protecting ourselves or at least let us fight to the death so people don't just go around robbing as it's one of the easiest ways to make money right now because it's so easy as a concept. It's generally: /do pats man down.../do success? /frisk - robbed and cya. 

It gets stale very quickly and I know many who are getting tired of it. Please give us some way to protect ourselves other than allowing them to rob us because they have a gun on us and our characters safety is paramount. There's people IRL who have too much pride that they'd fight to death when getting robbed so why cant our characters? 

Thanks. 

Edited by Venxai
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Venxai said:

So, everyone here knows that right now the server is a robbing simulator. Unless you're a new player, you've most likely been robbed multiple times. It seems everyone is playing a character that tries to be like Pablo Escobar and acts the tough guy.

Most of the complaints I see is the fact robbing people is too easy. If a gun is pulled out on you, there's literally nothing you can do back really. Can't use the radio for backup, can't try and run away, can't try and fight to death because the FearRP rules say so.

Personally, my IC wouldn't just sit there being robbed for everything they have just because they have a gun pulled on them. It would be a fight to death, and seeing as the New Life Rule is explained in the rules, you lose all memory of what happened before your death anyway. The rules are way too protective of the people doing the robbing, rather than the person getting robbed.

Why can't we pull a gun back out on them and fight to the death? This would decrease the chance of being robbed significantly as people can't just go around robbing people know full well they will just comply with all demands because they have to. 

Like I said, one of the biggest issues right now of the server is it's a robbing simulator which decreases the overall RP of the server, which is saddening as it's great in general. 

I just wish we had a way of protecting ourselves or at least let us fight to the death so people don't just go around robbing as it's one of the easiest ways to make money right now because it's so easy as a concept. It's generally: /do pats man down.../do success? /frisk - robbed and cya. 

It gets stale very quickly and I know many who are getting tired of it. Please give us some way to protect ourselves other than allowing them to rob us because they have a gun on us and our characters safety is paramount. There's people IRL who have too much pride that they'd fight to death when getting robbed so why cant our characters? 

Thanks. 

It would be a fight to death, and seeing as the New Life Rule is explained in the rules, you lose all memory of what happened before your death anyway.

You have to act like you wont respawn anymore. You should act that if you die, you die. So "you lose all memory of what happened before your death anyway." isnt really a valid reason to fight back IC. IRL, if you will just wake up at an hospital, sure, I should fight back. But you don't. That is why that rule is there, people need to act like they only live once.
And also, the people fighting back IRL do that mostly when the person robbing is not paying attention or doesn't have vision. The rules state:

b010d22b1e832d0ca23f972c4ea489f2.png
"When the attacker's view is obstructed by an object or when they turn their back on you."

Now I do agree, IRL its kinda more easy to suprise the attacker and for exmplae punch a pistol out of their hands. Sadly, GTA physics doesn't really allow that. You will need to do /me's and /do's which will require /do's if you succeed or not. And ofcourse, some people would like to have it in their favour. Hends why I use /dice sometimes.

I must say i agree with this. If just people would put in RP effort at least when they rob you. Usually its just HANDS UP THIS IS ROBBERY and you can't do anything because of fearrp. you resist you get shot. you try to shoot its failrp and youll get banned. 60% of the server is hostile robbers and sadly this is more cops and robbers than roleplay at this point. I love this server so its sad to see that people don't put in any effort to do proper RP.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yputi said:

Now I do agree, IRL its kinda more easy to suprise the attacker and for exmplae punch a pistol out of their hands. Sadly, GTA physics doesn't really allow that. You will need to do /me's and /do's which will require /do's if you succeed or not. And ofcourse, some people would like to have it in their favour. Hends why I use /dice sometimes.

I understand that 100% mate, but the fact is they ALWAYS succeed when robbing. Most people just 'count down from 5, if you haven't complied you're getting killed' 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, shot and killed. The amount of times I've tried to RP robbing and it's a constant /b RESPOND TO RP or the countdown as I said before. It gets stale very quickly.

5 minutes ago, Venxai said:

I understand that 100% mate, but the fact is they ALWAYS succeed when robbing. Most people just 'count down from 5, if you haven't complied you're getting killed' 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, shot and killed. The amount of times I've tried to RP robbing and it's a constant /b RESPOND TO RP or the countdown as I said before. It gets stale very quickly.

Understandable. Exact reason why I have both a crime alt and an alt now who is applicant in PD. I do have to disagree with the part that they always succeed though. I think this is more of a personal experience. When playing more, you will get a sense when things will escalate, for example: https://plays.tv/video/5c813add0d49f04a56/how-to-value-your-life-car
Also an example of where they didn't succeed.

9 minutes ago, Vetro said:

I must say i agree with this. If just people would put in RP effort at least when they rob you. Usually its just HANDS UP THIS IS ROBBERY and you can't do anything because of fearrp. you resist you get shot. you try to shoot its failrp and youll get banned. 60% of the server is hostile robbers and sadly this is more cops and robbers than roleplay at this point. I love this server so its sad to see that people don't put in any effort to do proper RP.

And I think the official faction system should be based on this. Me for example, my character is based on torture RP (if people consent ofc), mostlky trying not just to do "hands up this is rob" stuff. I think if this will be more of a factor in becomming official, you will get more creative robberies.

2 minutes ago, Yputi said:

Understandable. Exact reason why I have both a crime alt and an alt now who is applicant in PD. I do have to disagree with the part that they always succeed though. I think this is more of a personal experience. When playing more, you will get a sense when things will escalate, for example: https://plays.tv/video/5c813add0d49f04a56/how-to-value-your-life-car
Also an example of where they didn't succeed.

This barely happens, sure you can escape in a car but not if you are outside your vehicle. Its literally impossible. You find some random guy walking on the street you can rob him without any problem, even if he is armed with heavy guns or would actually have a chance at running. You just aim your gun and scream hands up and you got him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vetro said:

This barely happens, sure you can escape in a car but not if you are outside your vehicle. Its literally impossible. You find some random guy walking on the street you can rob him without any problem, even if he is armed with heavy guns or would actually have a chance at running. You just aim your gun and scream hands up and you got him

And that is why I think this should be more a thing and more focussed on:

3 minutes ago, Yputi said:

And I think the official faction system should be based on this. Me for example, my character is based on torture RP (if people consent ofc), mostlky trying not just to do "hands up this is rob" stuff. I think if this will be more of a factor in becomming official, you will get more creative robberies.

Just now, Yputi said:

And that is why I think this should be more a thing and more focussed on:

I respect you as an individual for doing that and putting in effort but i think this is meant as a generalization for people that play as criminals. It's simply too easy to do a crime and get away with it, i know this isn't real life but there's too many small loopholes in the rules that mean you can do stupid things, vehicle laws for example. Ninja looting is alright too without any roleplay someone can just come over to your body and steal your stuff and go. I'm not gonna say this counts for every faction gang either but some of them have some members that really just seem to be into the gang aswell as the game to make money and not to roleplay. The problem is when this server goes and becomes a GTA Online v2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

When you see suspicious people approaching just pull out your gun and hold it in your hand ( no aiming it ) and if they aim at you you are allowed to shoot back, its not that hard
You are trying to prevent robberies fights etc but this will only make it worse

massive -1

Like that is good roleplay 

20 hours ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

When you see suspicious people approaching just pull out your gun and hold it in your hand ( no aiming it ) and if they aim at you you are allowed to shoot back, its not that hard
You are trying to prevent robberies fights etc but this will only make it worse

massive -1

Most of the time it's not as easy as that as you get caught off guard. I'm not trying to prevent robberies and fights at all, I'm just trying to decrease the amount of times it happens as it happens ALL the time. Also like I said in my post, the system protects the person doing the robbing, rather than the person being robbed and I feel like it's flawed. 

It shouldn't happen so often, it's a RP server. Where is the RP in robbing constantly? There isn't. I know many people who are getting tired of it as right now it's just a cops and robbers simulator with little fun and interesting RP which gets stale rather quickly. 

I enjoy the server, but right now going around robbing people is more than likely the best money maker as it's so easy and practical. I just wish there ways for us to protect ourselves whilst getting robbed as there isn't any at all, especially if solo.

I share your frustrations with the amount of robbing. I joined the server to RP. But it has quickly started to feel like I need to avoid all other players or I will get robbed/vehicle stolen.

It has become a game of cat and mouse, trying to find the most obscure places to fish. I have to triple check that I locked my car and always keep it within my view.

I would just like it to feel more like RP and less like GTA Online.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I understand the annoyance that comes with getting robbed but let's be really honest, if you're being robbed that often, it's literally your fault. Since the moment i started this server, people have attempted to rob me and I talked my way out of it or revenge killed them and took my shit back. Either way, I barely ever get robbed or even attempted on. If you're running down the street on foot looking like a snack with a .50 on your back, yes you're going to get robbed. If you're going to drug labs without friends you're going to get robbed. There's way too many ways to avoid being robbed that it's seriously not worth a suggestion. If you get ran up on, you got caught lacking. Learn from it, make friends and you'll be fine.

This is an RP server, socialize and get your own circle of people to hang around. There's very little reason to be alone most of the time. I keep repeating myself but I have no idea what else to say to this. The only time I got robbed is when I specifically went looking for it lol

Edited by MrUntouchable215

1 hour ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

I understand the annoyance that comes with getting robbed but let's be really honest, if you're being robbed that often, it's literally your fault. Since the moment i started this server, people have attempted to rob me and I talked my way out of it or revenge killed them and took my shit back. Either way, I barely ever get robbed or even attempted on. If you're running down the street on foot looking like a snack with a .50 on your back, yes you're going to get robbed. If you're going to drug labs without friends you're going to get robbed. There's way too many ways to avoid being robbed that it's seriously not worth a suggestion. If you get ran up on, you got caught lacking. Learn from it, make friends and you'll be fine.

This is an RP server, socialize and get your own circle of people to hang around. There's very little reason to be alone most of the time. I keep repeating myself but I have no idea what else to say to this. The only time I got robbed is when I specifically went looking for it lol

I don't think the problem is being robbed i think the problem is that people in certain gangs treat this like its just another version of GTA online, they look to rob every innocent person without any effort or any thought going into it. What happens is that some random guy will pull up to you and walk out with his gun alredy in hand and say in some monotone eastern european accent "hands up" and then proceed to type /me frisks man /do succeed? instead of actually playing on the server how its meant to be. Its a roleplay server not a cops and robbers server. Now there probably won't ever be a rule against this but i feel like the current state of this makes it okay to powergame i.e just pull up and gunpoint people and rob them on open street even without masks. Now i've had my share of great robbing RP experiences with people that actually put effort in, wear masks, give you proper commands and are good at /me's and /do's but 95% of times its some effortless in where they just do the /me and /do because THEY HAVE to and because they cant just type /frisk take your stuff and drive away in their sportscar with neon lights

Edited by Vetro
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Vetro said:

I don't think the problem is being robbed i think the problem is that people in certain gangs treat this like its just another version of GTA online, they look to rob every innocent person without any effort or any thought going into it. What happens is that some random guy will pull up to you and walk out with his gun alredy in hand and say in some monotone eastern european accent "hands up" and then proceed to type /me frisks man /do succeed? instead of actually playing on the server how its meant to be. Its a roleplay server not a cops and robbers server. Now there probably won't ever be a rule against this but i feel like the current state of this makes it okay to powergame i.e just pull up and gunpoint people and rob them on open street even without masks. Now i've had my share of great robbing RP experiences with people that actually put effort in, wear masks, give you proper commands and are good at /me's and /do's but 95% of times its some effortless in where they just do the /me and /do because THEY HAVE to and because they cant just type /frisk take your stuff and drive away in their sportscar with neon lights

Spot on mate

18 hours ago, Vetro said:

I have mostly bad oppinion about gangs here, I'm working at SADOC for like 3 months now or so on, I have seen loads of stuff, sadly most of it ain't pleasing. People aint afraid to get into prison, they aint afraid to get tazed/hited/gun pointed at them, gang members acts like it's a joke to come to the prison, you go to the cells you will hear "lets fuck them up boys" 4 people attempts to fight you with no rp what so ever, you pull a gun on them they wont listen, you shoot warning shots they wont listen, you shoot them down they will cry you cant shoot at them since "hands ain't lethal" lol, that's the mindset behind this rp, on proper rp servers people would get banned for such things, but here is normal. I would say though the only few members of gangs I like is Dardan and Dwayne, they are polite, reasonable yet you still need to watch your back with them and that's how the prison should be, not to be jumped every time you enter the cells, and there's no punishment for it since solitary is safe to afk to finish your sentence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Cleverley said:

I have mostly bad oppinion about gangs here, I'm working at SADOC for like 3 months now or so on, I have seen loads of stuff, sadly most of it ain't pleasing. People aint afraid to get into prison, they aint afraid to get tazed/hited/gun pointed at them, gang members acts like it's a joke to come to the prison, you go to the cells you will hear "lets fuck them up boys" 4 people attempts to fight you with no rp what so ever, you pull a gun on them they wont listen, you shoot warning shots they wont listen, you shoot them down they will cry you cant shoot at them since "hands ain't lethal" lol, that's the mindset behind this rp, on proper rp servers people would get banned for such things, but here is normal. I would say though the only few members of gangs I like is Dardan and Dwayne, they are polite, reasonable yet you still need to watch your back with them and that's how the prison should be, not to be jumped every time you enter the cells, and there's no punishment for it since solitary is safe to afk to finish your sentence.

Exactly, i work at SADOC too so i feel you. People act like this is some joke or something, and its okay to have some fun sometimes aswell as it would be IRL but its just a joke to people to come to jail. Tazing means nothing they just keep running and fighting eachother for no reason, they don't fear anything. My biggest problem is that people only play to stay just inside the comfort zone when it comes to rules. That means they come as close to breaking the rules as possible without actually breaking them. They aren't here to roleplay but instead to DM and Rob. I see these videos of people VDM'ing with their supercar from the dumbest angles sitting ready to VDM someone but its okay because you can hit players once. This is what i mean, people just play according to rules not according to what would make sense IRL.

• Like 2

Robbery should require more than one person at all times. You can't efficiently frisk someone and hold a gun pointed at them at the same time. Your accuracy and efficiency with the weapon is lowered dramatically, if .. for example you're trying to open someone's wallet with one hand, and holding a gun in another.

On 3/28/2019 at 5:15 PM, MrUntouchable215 said:

I understand the annoyance that comes with getting robbed but let's be really honest, if you're being robbed that often, it's literally your fault

the absolute state of this fucking forum

the issue is not being robbed often, the issue is that most robberies are the lowest effort RPings i've ever seen

if you actually think pulling out your gun, shouting HANDS UP ITS A ROBBERY, /me checks the pockets , /do would I be successful? /frisk is good RP you must have a chunk of your brain missing

fufaiJL.png

Edited by folyqa
  • Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.