ItsFiftyy

Change Speed Camera Fines Or Add automatic cruise control

$2000 is way too much for a speeding fine, I managed to rack up 93k in fines in about 5 mins by purposely driving around bank in a loop. I suggest you either reduce it to $100 per fine or add an automatic speed limiter that enables when in a NCZ and limits your speed to 70kmh. It is very dumb currently how it currently works. The idea is good, but the implementation sucks. Another way it could be better if there was a cool down on the fines. Let's say 30 mins before you were able to get another speeding fine.

• Upvote 1

+1 to this idea, the fines are over excessive for the crime being committed in my opinion. The main issue is the fact that you can get 120 minutes in jail for only two speeding tickets. The fines should be lowered and citations shouldn't be automatically added to your record by an unmanned camera.

+1 to the suggestion of adding a cooldown timer before receiving a ticket. 

-1 to the idea of having an automatic speed limiter in NCZ' as this would imply restrictions to IC actions. 

Overall the system is still very new and clearly needs some fine tuning. I'm not against having the speed cameras in place but it would be nice for these implementations to be trial run before implementing into a server of 300+ active people. 

A lowered ticket amount makes sense, that I can get behind.

A cool-down timer and an automatic speed limiter don't really make a lot of sense when you factor in why the cameras were added in the first place.

It's a heavy handed measure for sure, but in the grand scheme of things is a much needed one. If folks are getting high amount of tickets then I'd say its working as intended.

Edited by Swifty

1 minute ago, Scott Cleverley said:

STOP Speeding and driving like a maniac, problem solved.

The issue being if you use KBM which most do to be able to RP properly, accidentally forgetting to press L and set cruise control to 70, or leaving the bank too fast/ holding 'W' a little bit too long (especially on fast accelerating vehicles such as the drag) can get you wanted, and a full 2 hour sentence.

I like the concept, but it needs a lot of tuning in my opinion. This should not come from the players pockets until the devs find 'a fix' or a proper way to implement speed cameras because alot of players will get shafted until the change is made.

The issue being if you use KBM which most do to be able to RP properly, accidentally forgetting to press L and set cruise control to 70, or leaving the bank too fast/ holding 'W' a little bit too long (especially on fast accelerating vehicles such as the drag) can get you wanted, and a full 2 hour sentence.

Sorry officer, I was not thinking when I drove around the city with my foot down the pedal. Those kids I almost hit? Oh did not realize I did that, I was too fast. Why I did not use my cruise control, like everybody else? Because I am lazy, officer, I am sure you understand. Again, really sorry, it was only the 17th time today, so I should still be good, right?

Edited by Sinsali
typos
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ItsFiftyy said:

$2000 is way too much for a speeding fine, I managed to rack up 93k in fines in about 5 mins by purposely driving around bank in a loop. I suggest you either reduce it to $100 per fine or add an automatic speed limiter that enables when in a NCZ and limits your speed to 70kmh. It is very dumb currently how it currently works. The idea is good, but the implementation sucks. Another way it could be better if there was a cool down on the fines. Let's say 30 mins before you were able to get another speeding fine.

I don't think the fines need to be adjusted you just need to slow down near the NCZ and you won't rack up 90k+ in fines

• Like 1

I managed to rack up 93k in fines in about 5 mins by purposely driving around bank in a loop

This is exactly our intention. Oh and, you're apart of the problem why we implemented this if you think it's fun to do this.

Maybe.. drive realistically No Crime Zones and this wouldn't be an issue. Now you will get arrested in the future and lose 93k+ in fines.

We cannot do automatic cruise control because there are circumstances when a vehicle will drive faster than 70. 

I am going to repeat myself:
This is something we added for more of an OOC reason than IC, to solve an OOC problem with automation. The amount of reckless driving around these 4 No Crime Zones are happening to an unrealistic extent, thus measures had to be taken. This became more apparent to us with the wave of new players. Once there is a significant improvement in driving at these locations, then there are always opportunities for changes. We do not intend on lowering the fine or adding a cooldown period.

The fact that the ticket amount means you can not speed recklessly all over town means that the fine amount is perfect. 

We already have cruise control, press L around the bank. If you get a few 2k tickets, you will remember next time.

Edited by alexalex303

2 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

This is exactly our intention. Oh and, you're apart of the problem why we implemented this if you think it's fun to do this.

Maybe.. drive realistically No Crime Zones and this wouldn't be an issue. Now you will get arrested in the future and lose 93k+ in fines.

We cannot do automatic cruise control because there are circumstances when a vehicle will drive faster than 70. 

I am going to repeat myself:
This is something we added for more of an OOC reason than IC, to solve an OOC problem with automation. The amount of reckless driving around these 4 No Crime Zones are happening to an unrealistic extent, thus measures had to be taken. This became more apparent to us with the wave of new players. Once there is a significant improvement in driving at these locations, then there are always opportunities for changes. We do not intend on lowering the fine or adding a cooldown period.

It's too hard to remember to put cruise control on every time you go into a NCZ. It's just dumb.