Pertinax

Los Santos Sheriff Department

Should it be Opened?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be Opened?

• Yes
    • No

Most of the time is hard to LSPD to reach the north of the map, and most of the kidnappings and robberies happens in that zone, because is hard for the PD to reach those places.

A sheriff department with 5 members would be enough to cover that area, plus it opens the opportunity to have more players in the server to cover all the map of LS. Plus It increase the RP in the zone.

Edited by Pertinax
  • Upvote 2

"A sheriff department with 5 members" 5 members isn't going to cover all timezones, plus a majority of the time you're going to need someone to back you up as well, more like 20 would be suitable, but I don't think we have the player base for another police faction yet.

I think its well overdue to not give people the option to start to populate Paleto Bay and Sandy Shores, theres alot of us that would buy an house and relocate to those areas in a hearthbeat...

A good start to this transition would be to setup a Sheriffs Department in the area, so im all for it.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

From what i can tell the problem is having players concentrated in los santos. We first need reasons for people to leave the city other than criminal activities, if we were to see more businesses/work related places and NPC shops THEN i might think another Sherifs department is a good idea.

The reason LSPD can't respond to people further away is because Los Santos is crazy non-stop. Spread out the players first.

• Upvote 1

From what i can tell the problem is having players concentrated in los santos. We first need reasons for people to leave the city other than criminal activities, if we were to see more businesses/work related places and NPC shops THEN i might think another Sherifs department is a good idea.

The reason LSPD can't respond to people further away is because Los Santos is crazy non-stop. Spread out the players first.

This ^. I also don't think the PD is in a position currently to open a sheriffs department, things are currently being sorted with the loss of the Chief and a few other important officers. Maybe after the criminal update this should be reconsidered.

I don't feel like this is a priority at the moment, I rarely go to the part of the map, I think once things are more active with houses etc then it may be needed.

I agree with this, we discussed it and at the moment it's not something that is urgent or required.

Maybe a long way down the line.

• Upvote 1

I don't feel like this is a priority at the moment, I rarely go to the part of the map, I think once things are more active with houses etc then it may be needed.

you got a point now...

it's not really a priority. priority is to make houses useful (storage etc) and other stuff which is under development

• Upvote 1

Like right now there are no more business to purchase in the city anymore and if there is its$5,000,000 we need some towards the north side so much space and maybe be thinking using the actual prison instead of pd

Expanding the houses and business outside of Los Santos is a good idea.

If they do this, then when it starts to get busy outside in Blaine County there would be a requirement for the Sheriff department.

• Upvote 1

This would be amazing, have 4-6 members volunteer to transfer to the northern sheriff's department.

You need a sheriff, sheriff's deputy, and a few other officers.

Would definitely like to see this implemented to see crime lowered up north.

• Upvote 1

The server currently doesn't support a separate department IMO, the Police Department is struggling in certain times with members and I don't see how it would help implementing another law enforcement agency. I just don't understand what a Sheriff's Department would do at times when there are less than 30 players online, there's barely anyone outside the city at those times.

There are not enough active officers in the LSPD, dividing at this point will do more harm than good. There's nothing the Sheriff's Department could do that the LSPD could not. The crimes up North are just the current "meta" just because of the server features in the area. Just like the Pier used to be a haven for muggings and other crimes. 

Even if there were enough people to make a Sheriff's Department, the time and effort it takes to make one and have it functioning correctly isn't worth it. The new factions update could see a massive change to the central location of criminal activity, making the scripting and man hours put into the SD a waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes we need this, but as a separate faction that is not connected to PD. Sheriff deparments work on their own, they can work together but the command should not be mixed.

At times when there is no police from LSPD in town the sheriff's can patrol inside the city.

Edited by Triple Seven

"At times when there is no police from LSPD in town the sheriff's can patrol inside the city." Then why join a Sheriff's Department instead of the City Police Department? Makes no sense to me. This is what's going to happen, jurisdictional BS. If a Sheriff's Department is made, they're restricted to the county and that's it unless a pursuit or mobile situation takes them inside the city. If the activity is low in the county, then perhaps a Sheriff's Department isn't needed. If the activity was high, they wouldn't need to be inside the city at all for any other reasons than aforementioned.

Edited by FatherOsbornHD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.