inorigj

DOC Panic alarm [Different then MD/PD/SD]

Hello,

So I've been an inmate at DOC and worked as a guard there for a long time. And something that I think DOC guards need is a form of panic alarm.

I'm not talking about a panic alarm like PD or MD has where they do Ctrl-E and it triggers a call with a GPS tracker on them.

What I'm thinking of is to take use of the In-game sound effect that the prison has from singleplayer.

With a command such as /pem "Prison Emergency" that triggers a message in chat like the front desk message saying. To disable the alarm there could also be a command such as /Endpem

[Emergency] PLAYER / UNIT has triggered the Emergency alarm (This is only visible in the chat of any on-duty PD/SD/DOC players who is AT DOC)

and it would start playing the alarm sound effect from GTA Singleplayer on the property. 

Alarm fx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qt6WXv_hPA

This

alarm is loud and can be heard from the highway or route 68.

Any PD/MD/SD officer passing by on the highway or route 68 would hear the alarm and could radio in to ask if they need assistance or PD and SD could respond.

This would also let every guard currently on duty know that something is wrong and they could declare a Code 1 or something and comb the prison. To find out why the alarm is triggered.

Edited by inorigj
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I love this idea, I think having an actual alarm that sounds would really add to the RP for everyone involved. The idea of having a broad panic alarm that doesn't pinpoint a location(like the PD/SD panics) is good because officers would still have to figure out what the issue is and search around the prison etc and work together.

I'd love to see something like this added to DOC!

that MLO actually has support for flashing lights and a kind of “lockdown mode” I’m pretty sure, it was in the demo video for it, wonder how viable it’d be to implement.

there used to be /lockdown back in the day that locked all doors and cells but it stopped working a long time ago.