Tom_Chonka

Eating and drinking requirement

After working the taco truck I think it would be a good idea especially as its a role play server to have the need to eat and drink, I found that despite being 1/4 the price of the store people just don't buy food as they just don't need to the only sales you got where from people looking to RP.

I do believe it could be a positive change, as a newcomer I found working the taco truck to be good practice for roleplay and having food for nutrition rather than health could perhaps change how robberies go down as stores will be visited more often and (with bugs ironed out) give the taco job since presence in the server. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ThePro said:

I mean I drink and eat when my HP is low, so kinda often. So this is not needed. If someone wants RP it, he will. But I am staying neutral anyway. 0

Yeah this could also double up as a med kit update maybe, you don't eat a taco to fix a grazed knee. People wouldn't fuel up if the server didn't force you to, humans need food like cars need fuel. 

I'm mixed on this. Being an immersive player, I love the idea of being forced to eat or drink something... but at the same time, there are players who might view it as more of an inconvenience than a fun server implementation. Take any survival horror game that forces you to eat and apply it to the server.

If it was implemented where you only had to eat once every hour or two hours, I'd be cool with that. Time flies when you're having fun, so eating every hour or two would make it feel more reasonable to me. Also I know this isn't currently in place, but I'm going to insist that it doesn't change if this is implemented: don't make it where food will expire after a certain amount of time. This idea will already have mixed reactions in the grand scheme of things, but I think people will be more receptive to it if their food doesn't expire when they store it somewhere.

It would also give food more value in the world I think. If I have a hamburger stolen from me, I don't usually think much of it... but if my character's survival depends on it, then it makes having it a hell of a lot more important.

And now I'm thinking about how amusing it would be to see a bunch of gang members get into a gun fight over a couple of burgers. xD

Ultimately I would say +1, just to be careful with it.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:58 AM, LiveTrash said:

I'll support this only if it's implemented reasonably.

I've played on servers before that had this, only it would require that you'd eat every real world 15 or 20 minutes or else you'd start dying of starvation. It was very annoying.

Exactly.

You want these kinds of features to add to the role-play and immersion, but not take away from it.

I think this is a good idea, but with certain conditions.

• You could satisfy the requirement by either eating or drinking. 
  • I'm not completely sure how time is worked out in the server, but I think expecting to eat something every 24 IC hours is reasonable and realistic.

You can go a little crazy and start setting different values for different foods and stuff but ultimately, I just think this breaks down as one of those things that you just need to "tick that box" every day and you are good. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.