GR_Seb

Enable Character Kill with concent?

Enable Character Kills?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Enable Character Kills?

• YES!
    • NO!

Discussion

Hello my friends from Eclipse Roleplay, today I would like to talk about something that most of us find interesting. 

Character Kills

We all know how important character development is, there are so many things you want to try and you have to change your name but everyone remembers you with your old name, you want to join a brand new group of a specific ethnic group so you go make a surgery and you are now a different person? What if you could character kill?
Yes, FULL Character kill, the character does not exist any more, it gets deleted and you have to make a new one.
This opens up a brand new concept for everyone, with proper concent from both parties, Character kill should become an option. 

Share your thoughts, do you think it will be beneficial? VOTE!

+1 if you like it! ❤️

Edited by GR_Seb
  • Like 2

From what I know, this is perfectly allowed and the correct way to do it.

If you’re interested in going about this route of roleplay you should message staff and figure out what to do, this isn’t just allowed for anyone tho, you need lots of detailed RP, lore, and backstory going into it for them to allow it. 

Staff can correct me if I’m wrong but from knowledge you can get permission to do a full character kill if you’ve constantly showcased high quality RP and have a full good backstory and everything to it.

• dead 1

1 hour ago, Tucccci said:

I like it, but instead of rules/consent, what if  everytime you get sent to pillbox, it could just give you a delete/character kill option. that way denial of medical RP won't be an issue because you can only KC if you scriptly die/fall into a comma.

While I'm onboard with this, the issue with getting sent to pillbox and being able to delete is that it's really not in alignment with RP. Medics trying to save your life wouldn't get the chance to try and save you, or you being able to give them RP to actually die. Also, if you die, you leave a corpse. You decide to delete your character, you will not leave behind a corpse, as any instance associated with it will get removed as well. Reference Combat Logging on deaths, sometimes the corpse will bug out and poof.

To everything else:

I'm fine with CK, and it is granted, but there has to be good RP behind it. There has to be good reason behind it. However, I don't think there needs to be a way to delete your character, as people will regret things later on. It's a very serious action to take, because if your character isn't delete, what if you decide 1 year down the line to log back into it. Now you are in an awkward situation. I don't know what scripts are behind a CK, so I'll let an admin respond on that one.

1 hour ago, SquirtleSquad said:

While I'm onboard with this, the issue with getting sent to pillbox and being able to delete is that it's really not in alignment with RP. Medics trying to save your life wouldn't get the chance to try and save you, or you being able to give them RP to actually die. Also, if you die, you leave a corpse. You decide to delete your character, you will not leave behind a corpse, as any instance associated with it will get removed as well. Reference Combat Logging on deaths, sometimes the corpse will bug out and poof.

To everything else:

I'm fine with CK, and it is granted, but there has to be good RP behind it. There has to be good reason behind it. However, I don't think there needs to be a way to delete your character, as people will regret things later on. It's a very serious action to take, because if your character isn't delete, what if you decide 1 year down the line to log back into it. Now you are in an awkward situation. I don't know what scripts are behind a CK, so I'll let an admin respond on that one.

I don't believe you understood what that guy said. He said "if you are sent to Pillbox, you can choose to CK or not". That means medics will have a dead body in front of them, before you can choose to CK.

If there are issues with bodies despawning, just implement a timer of 10 mins until the server will kick you to character select screen. During that time you can choose to undo to CK or just wait it out. It ain't that deep. I don't know if you are just finding excuses to say it's bad but there's a solution to every problem as long as you really want to achieve something.

I honestly don't see why there has to be a "good reason behind a CK". If one day you die and there's no point to continue with that character, you can choose to delete it. It is your choice and no one can say that you need a good reason to do it. Why do you need a good reason for dying or deleting a character?

Edited by TheCactus
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

I don't believe you understood what that guy said. He said "if you are sent to Pillbox, you can choose to CK or not". That means medics will have a dead body in front of them, before you can choose to CK.

Usually "if you are sent to Pillbox" can mean two things, taken there, or you are NLR'd. My response was on the latter. When you're NLR'd, as you know, you're automatically teleported to the nearest hospital spawn point. However, your addition of having a "timer" after choosing allows for the additional RP for the medics on scene. Also think about it from the perspective of New Players, or people that are just at the point where they're "done" with just playing and don't care anymore. I'm not finding excuses, I'm providing additional things to think about. I didn't flat out say, "This is shit, don't do this."

Make a nail/makeup saloon part of the hair-dresser. A LOT of women are quite angry at it costing 30k to put on new war paint.

Then make the plastik surgery offer up the option to make people forget your "soul"/memory of your aura.

I originally thought plastik surgery would have people not recognize you if you changed drastically enough.
Kinda silly that it doesn't.

For example. It would be nice to make the offspring of a char who, after the one has died, "inherits" the vessel and its belongings in a changed visual state. I look a lot like my dad. Wouldn't it be fair to say I would inherit everything from my dad and still look like him?

So an option at the surgeon where a "delete shared memory" button was available. A "wipe all /alias'es of me" button.

Not the "delete your character" as it'd make no sense to not inherent to another character after death, if the two are RP'ed to be related.

Edit: Make it a "disable permanently" button instead.
Deleting characters off an ID list has made them accumulate glitches over time for me in the past, administrating online servers.
I know it sounds stupid, but programming language can be super-semantic and specifically odd in reference changes and deletions.
And we're talking about Rockstar here so... biiiit jank at times.

Edited by Toth

I never really got why it wasn't allowed in the first place. 

If someone decides to kill their character permanently, it should be allowed. It only further develops good RP and opens up different opportunities for participants in the story line. 

I get why some people would think it should need approval, I however believe it should be up to the player. 

@Thomas BeaulieuI think you’re mixing up fully killing your character to never play on them again with “oh i decided im going to die now” to respawn and NLR.

i can’t imagine anyone would have issue if you did some proper rp and decided your character was just done. When staff say they don’t support it it’s referring primarily to when people just deny all medical rp and just want the respawn and also that they don’t get involved if you did decide to never play the character again and just call it the end. Just because there’s no real support for it doesn’t mean you couldn’t go through some in depth rp and go down that route yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ash said:

@Thomas BeaulieuI think you’re mixing up fully killing your character to never play on them again with “oh i decided im going to die now” to respawn and NLR.

i can’t imagine anyone would have issue if you did some proper rp and decided your character was just done. When staff say they don’t support it it’s referring primarily to when people just deny all medical rp and just want the respawn and also that they don’t get involved if you did decide to never play the character again and just call it the end. Just because there’s no real support for it doesn’t mean you couldn’t go through some in depth rp and go down that route yourself.

Fair enough. Yeah, I was more so referring to completely killing the character off and not playing anymore, which I understood as CK (e.g. killing someone, after they leave the gang for some deeper lore). 

I agree with you on the respawn and NLR aspect to avoid medical RP, that should never be the case.

• Upvote 1

I would agree with this idea if it was a consensual and affirmative decision made by the effected player. This has happened prior on very few occasions but the RP leading up to it was always very detailed and held interesting development. The obituary suggestion is also a very neat idea - huge funerals where the player who had a CK could act as a hearse driver so they can participate in their own dead-characters funeral. Lots of cool things that could come of this.

• Like 1