dnalevelc

Trucking Job recommendations - pls add bonus for self owned trucks

The trucking job is a decent job and very popular right now, I think it could use some minor QoL improvements - I think every trucker could agree on this.

edit 5/20:

Currently we are punished for having our own truck, when IRL this is not the case. IRL it saves the company tons of money to hire drivers with their own trucks (insurance maintenance etc) - so irl drivers get paid more. Typically its seasoned drivers who buy their own trucks, and they get higher pay. There needs to be some sort of bonus. Especially now that the job is so popular. You used to get 5-6k orders all the time, now this is rare. Only 2400-2600ish because so many people are doing the job. In my case, I bought an 86k truck, painted it, added a turbo, so an investment of 136k - and I now make ~1500 per order after gas and tollgates since the job is so busy and the orders dont pay as much anymore. 1500 for driving from the city, to poleto, and back - most of the time. Something needs to be changed to balance this out.

Many of us truckers spend 60-90k on a base truck, and another 40K for turbo installation. Currently you lose money using your own truck for multiple reasons - cost of vehicle, pay your own gas, repairs, and tolls, and this seems incredibly backwards. 

I see a few different angles to approach this

- we could get a bonus for driving our own truck - this is best option imo, simply add a bonus to offset the added costs and make it worth driving your own vehicle

- there could be a fee for renting a truck from the trucker HQ - this incentivizes buying your own truck as you would save the fee and make more $$

- or, make the other trucks faster than the stock one. Currently only the packer is faster than the free truck you can rent at HQ - this is also pretty silly. I wouldnt mind paying the extra fees if my truck was decently faster and saved me time. Some of the trucks you can buy, which are expensive af, make you do the job slower. Its wild. Tested this with a turbo'ed hauler and was getting past by the stock free truck every time - my stock packer (the fastest one u can buy) was getting passed by the free truck until I turbo'ed it. 

Multiple ways to look at it, something should be done to balance this out.

Why incentivize buying your own truck, give multiple custom options to trick out a bad ass beautiful rig, then penalize us for driving our own vehicle?

Edited by dnalevelc
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, KwaaiNaai said:

I have seen this topic pop up a few times. Posted the topics below.

+1

- In response to this, we could possibly remove the rented trucks alltogether to fix this. This would make buying a truck worth it to have access to the job - this would also remove the bottleneck, the job is so popular these days you run out of orders to take so fast and have to wait a long time before more come, and theres so many people waiting the orders go quick. Makes it hard to work. Theres too many drivers and not enough orders because the job is so popular right now.

Also - we could perhaps create a second job    'Private Trucker'   and make that one require a truck, service the same list of orders, and just pay more - this sounds easy to implement in my head lol

Edited by dnalevelc
  • Like 1

-1 and here's why.

With the rented truck, Yes you go faster than the other purchased trucks, however, you're also limited to doing ONLY trucking with it.

The other purchased trucks can be used as on demand storage and can be brought to do just about anything. Trucking, Oil Mining, Ore Mining, Fishing.... They're more flexible in every way.

You state that you "Lose money" but, as the end of the day, You're losing, depending on your route, potentially 660 minus any gas costs. Simple Answer? Go a way that doesn't have a toll booth.

Gas costs are only in the double digits once you consider how many orders you can do on a full tank of gas,

Personal Trucks are for convenience. If you don't want to keep using them, don't, Plus, they don't despawn on you.

• Like 1
  • dead 1

im sorta on the fence for this one but i will say i have never seen someone buy a truck to fish or mine with. people buy trucks to truck with. i entertained the idea of sinking a considerable amount of money into getting my own truck back in the day but after asking people about it most everyone agreed it was not worth it. hence why almost no one uses their own trucks, which is indicative of a system that does not work. but again not a system i have deep knowledge on, unenlightened monke brain 🙈

• Like 1

giga +1, this incentivizes further rp. going a route "without a toll booth" isn't possible in an 18 wheeler with a trailer attached as the only routes back into the city are windy dirt roads through a mountain

truckers are the backbone of businesses!!!

• Like 4
  • POG 1

12 hours ago, jason said:

giga +1, this incentivizes further rp. going a route "without a toll booth" isn't possible in an 18 wheeler with a trailer attached as the only routes back into the city are windy dirt roads through a mountain

Big +1 I have had people do RP deliveries for me, and if they took the goods through windy mountains and stuff, my product would be FUCKED. A little extra money to help or even an exempt payment, but still gives the toll workers money would be an option. The trucking business would probably factor that into the pay and/or reimburse you for those, or you as the truck driver would demand more pay to help offset those costs which just isn't an option cause you know... its a script not a dispatch

Edit: To quickly add on, just because you were a badass trucker and saved up enough to not rent trashy company vehicles, doesn't mean you should make less money because of the added expenses! 

Edited by Puzzling
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 1:52 PM, Grantley said:

Big +1, you should encouraged and rewarded by saving up and buying your own truck and not make more money driving a free rental...

exactly. Currently we are punished for having our own truck, when IRL this is not the case. IRL it saves the company tons of money to hire drivers with their own trucks (insurance maintenance etc) - so irl drivers get paid more. Typically its seasoned drivers who buy their own trucks, and they get higher pay. There needs to be some sort of bonus. Especially now that the job is so popular. You used to get 5-6k orders all the time, now this is rare. Only 2400-2600ish because so many people are doing the job. If the 'seasoned' drivers who had their own trucks got like +500 or +1000 per order, it would even out. This wouldnt be an overpowered difference at all. In my case, I bought an 86k truck, painted it, added a turbo, so an investment of 136k - and I now make ~1500 per order after gas and tollgates since the job is so busy and the orders dont pay as much anymore. 1500 for driving from the city, to poleto, and back - most of the time. Something needs to be changed to balance this out.

• Like 2

i wonder if the possibility of a government trucking company would be an option... like DCC but for Goods and services. because most business owners typically just put a large order say 180k worth of fuel post it as a contract for the lowest possible price 1.8k for example and considering loading a 180k worth of fuel basically takes roughly an hour. its just basically taking advantage of new players and truckers overall.  spending an hour sitting on a station loading , driving it to the location, and spending another hour unloading for a measly 1.8k. even money couriers make more and they get paid $100 per delivery XD.

7 hours ago, Zero_0 said:

i wonder if the possibility of a government trucking company would be an option... like DCC but for Goods and services. because most business owners typically just put a large order say 180k worth of fuel post it as a contract for the lowest possible price 1.8k for example and considering loading a 180k worth of fuel basically takes roughly an hour. its just basically taking advantage of new players and truckers overall.  spending an hour sitting on a station loading , driving it to the location, and spending another hour unloading for a measly 1.8k. even money couriers make more and they get paid $100 per delivery XD.

Im not sure this is true. Truckers can make really good money ($5-7k an hour) pretty easily if they get consistent orders and aren't sitting around waiting for an order. 

19 hours ago, Zero_0 said:

**I think you mean an hour in game... as in 15 min irl. Which yes, this happens often. Completely filling a gas stations fuel - 15 min load, 3-5 min drive, 15 min unload - thats 35min irl for 1.8k. Happened to me yesterday with the speedway gas station off the highway.

As of late trucking prices have really dropped. We used to get 5k orders, 6k orders, consistent 3-4k orders. Now theres only consistently 1800-2200 orders, sometimes a 2700, rarely a 3500 (but burgershot do be poppin lately so here and there)  and even rarely a 5-6k order like there used to be.  It makes it rough.

5 hours ago, dnalevelc said:

**I think you mean an hour in game... as in 15 min irl. Which yes, this happens often. Completely filling a gas stations fuel - 15 min load, 3-5 min drive, 15 min unload - thats 35min irl for 1.8k. Happened to me yesterday with the speedway gas station off the highway.

As of late trucking prices have really dropped. We used to get 5k orders, 6k orders, consistent 3-4k orders. Now theres only consistently 1800-2200 orders, sometimes a 2700, rarely a 3500 (but burgershot do be poppin lately so here and there)  and even rarely a 5-6k order like there used to be.  It makes it rough.

overexagerated it a bit but you get the point. it doesnt help that the UI doesnt completely show the full order before accepting it and already loading it showing it fully 

16 hours ago, Zero_0 said:

overexagerated it a bit but you get the point. it doesnt help that the UI doesnt completely show the full order before accepting it and already loading it showing it fully 

thats another good point. Why is there a view button if you cant actually see the route before taking it? I wanna see it on the GPS and know where I have to go. Atleast give us addresses so we can check ourselves

• Like 1

So, I've just sold my personal Hauler and switched back to the free company truck after I realized I could make around an extra 4k an hour. Assuming 5 orders can be completed in an hour (Most of which send you to Paleto), you could avoid up to $1650 in tolls (tolls are free in a company vehicle). In a free company vehicle you can also avoid fuel cost. After about 5-8 orders I would need to refuel, which can cost anywhere from $2100-$2500 for a full tank (fuel is free in a company vehicle). You also avoid the $850-$1000 repair cost after someone T-Bones you through an intersection (repairs are covered in a company vehicle). The approximate $100k cost for an engine upgraded personal trucking vehicle, which still isn't any faster than the company truck, isn't justified. The easiest way in my opinion to make trucking more fair to those who invest in a personal vehicle would be to raise the bonus significantly after every 5 orders.

• Like 1