AJ2toke

Policy Of Adding Every Charge And Length Of Prison Times.

13 minutes ago, Osborn said:

3x13mRB.png

3ng7vV3.png

Yess, I feel like this is one extreme but are somewhat Similar in time, I feel like I would expect a 10 year sentence for the 2nd charge. I really think they should update some of the laws to be more realistic with real time. Kidnapping a government official is serious, I shouldn't be getting the same time as someone who robbed a store. Torture of a government employee is massive aswell. 

On 2/27/2023 at 10:38 PM, Bala said:

I don't know if people will actually bother to listen to this but while the PD and SD currently have differing methods of applying charges, no one legitimately gets a charge for a crime they have not committed. IA and JB work to make sure the charges are above board.

Of course criminals are going to want PD to adopt SD's policy, it's more favourable to them. If I was a criminal, I would probably feel the same way. 

It's not for me to say which policy is the right one, in terms of the server but honestly, I think having two different interpretations of the same penal code with JB looking over everyone's shoulder is a lot more trouble that it's worth. I don't think PD taking SD's approach works and I don't think SD taking PD's approach works either, there's probably concessions on both sides to meet in the middle.

The real life argument doesn't work on Eclipse because the only thing people are going to give a shit about at the end of the day is the amount of minutes and the money they're going to have to pay. They don't care how SD differs from PD until it comes down to charges.

Also, if anyone is caught leaking our faction announcements outside the faction, you're getting booted. Been told a bunch of times now and someone will always snitch on you for doing it eventually.

I dont think it's fair to treat this matter as "of course, criminals are going to want it because of their criminals".  Who else will tell you if it's fair or not? Also majority of the community feels this way. We need Crims as much as they need Law enforcment to have great rp.

The point in hand is the risk/reward balance is too far off on the risk side. This hurts the overall RP and meta of the server. People dont explore complex situations and deep RP scenarios involving high risk/reward because the risk outweighs the reward every time. There has to be a balance for it to make sense.  

This is not  PD vs SD. We are just able to gather information thanks to there being two different policies and how this affects the server. This discussion could maybe not even be about PD, we could just name it the discussion of Adding every charge and length of prison sentences so we dont offend anyone or attract negative attention towards one faction or another. 

Edited by AJ2toke

It's the truth though, people are going to back the point of view that benefits them the most and if you ask a crim on this server if they want to be given charges for the crimes they've committed or if they want to be let off some of them and have to spend less money and less time in prison, what are they going to say?

It's not that much different on the cop side. Cops will upvote what benefits them.
I agree, crims are just as important as the other groups but who decides what is balanced and what is unfair? Cops? Crims? Staff? Players?

For me, the answer is simple, both PD and SD find a compromise to treat crims the same no matter the arresting faction. Yes SD and PD IRL are different but in the context of our server, consistency is key. How we arrive at a compromise though is the difficult part, because ultimately you've got people in PD that think this is the way it should be and people in SD that think their way is the way.

Nah. If anything, they should be longer. Detective RP is almost non-existent because who would spend their time investigating a battery to only charge the crim for less than an hour? lmao. Stop evading every time you run into cops if you don't want lengthy prison time.

9 hours ago, Thommy said:

Nah. If anything, they should be longer. Detective RP is almost non-existent because who would spend their time investigating a battery to only charge the crim for less than an hour? lmao. Stop evading every time you run into cops if you don't want lengthy prison time.

the self snitch is crazy.

10 hours ago, Thommy said:

Detective RP has been around since forever. It's not about how long can you put someone in prison, it's about the RP that you'll be doing; I couldn't care less about the prison time of the charge that I'm going to place on someone, and I don't think anyone does. Furthermore, some cases take days and some weeks to eventually charge someone with a misdemeanor or a felony. In short, a lot happens behind the scenes, and since you're not a detective, you wouldn't know that. 

Lastly, people are allowed to do whatever they want, if they want to evade cops, let them be. At least they would be giving LEOs something to do. I'm always down for a chase.

13 hours ago, Thommy said:

You Don't Even Go Here GIFs | Tenor

Reviving a thread when the dust had settled on it when you don't even play here is just toxic behaviour.

While there might be some debate over whether giving people the current amount of time or giving them less is the right way, no one but you is advocating for more time. This isn't something that concerns you, at all. You are not a criminal here, you were barely in the PD faction before you left as well. It'd be like one of us going on the text server and telling them how they should run their PD. 

Stop fueling the fire.

Edited by Bala

In my opinion there shouldn't be a rule on adding every charge you can or not,

I think instead of making a rule against "charge-stacking", just lower all charges times, for example Evading is 30-40 minutes instead of 60 and Possession of Illegal Firearm is 30-40 instead of 60. Lower the times on all charges and allow cops to add whatever crime you actually commit to it.

It sucks that the server can't be "realistic" and provide "barriers" of time instead of exact sentences, it would be cool if Murder you could face up to 30 minutes to an hour and a half or 2 hours depending on, what you did, how co-operative you were with police, etc. Sadly this would never be able to be done as it would probably get abused by people to either max sentence people they dislike or minimum sentence people they do like.

I personally think there should be a max of 3 hours at DOC initially and no cap on fines. So if you commit lets say 5 hours worth of crimes, you get 5 hours in prison and then have to pay the full amount in fines. Another suggestion would be to lower time and in return raise fines by a little. Criminals are richer then ever on the server right now and replacing your time served for money, I don't think many people would have an issue with that.

15 hours ago, Thommy said:

Please stop talking, RP is RP.

Edited by Herbo