Oli

Gang supressions & NLR

Just like what happens to gang vs gang interaction where a gang lose most of their members (Die in a fight), the beef gets NLRed and more interactions has to happen before the 2 gangs start beefing each other again and be allowed to go out of their way to hurt the other, same should happen to interactions with PD.

Why would a gang still be suppressed if it just had a big scale fight with PD and most members die (Of either side) or said gang lose people and whoever survived goes to jail? RPly whoever goes to jail is there for years, why would he still be suppressed after getting released after doing the time he did for the crimes he did?

Right now, whichever gang gets suppressed gets stuck in an infinite loop, ending with said gang just disbanding and/or stop playing completely.

Gang kills some PD > PD suppresses gang > Gang fights back > More suppression > Gang dies and/or go to jail > Respawn/Get released > Still get suppressed for the same actions, that they already died or served time for > Gang fight back > and again and again.

Why does NLR apply for crims vs crims interaction but is ignored when PD are a part on this equation?
An example of FM forcing an NLR state between criminal factions.

image.thumb.png.edfe312413d65f7ba0e5988063c3177e.png

TL;DR NLR should apply to casefiles and gang suppressions the same way it does to gangs beefing each other.

Edited by Oli
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

There seems to be a misconception in the post in that it's saying that going to prison is the same as being killed, this is not true. Going to prison does not trigger NLR.

Why would someone who was in jail for years be gang suppressed when he is released?  

6 minutes ago, La Ventana said:

Why would someone who was in jail for years be gang suppressed when he is released?  

That is a different conversation entirely, if you want to discuss rehabilitation options, that feels wholly in-character and something that can be petitioned with roleplay to the Judicial Branch/Commissioners; but they are not dead, therefore new life rule has not been triggered.

35 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

There seems to be a misconception in the post in that it's saying that going to prison is the same as being killed, this is not true. Going to prison does not trigger NLR.

Read what I said again.

I mentioned prison as RPly the person goes in for years and not 2 3 hours and out.

3 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

You all seem to forget that it always the same fucking people, over and over, in the span of two years, that have been part of the same gangs just under different names. Just because you manage to kill one, maybe two cops in a shootout, it doesn't mean that there wouldn't be any sort of papertrail or investigation going on.

9 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

Calm down Jamal.

What should og crims do then? Quit the server? You cant just have a casefile on someone and then bully him for the rest of his time on the server, that's completely *something not smart*.

And if you've actually read my post and not just reply to prove your point, I mentioned how said gang kills MOST of PD, not one or two. Which we both know happened multiple times.

10 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

Just because that cop might respawn at Pillobox, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CRIM AFTER A FIGHT, it doesn't mean he will ignore John Crim Doe for the next six months as he does his criminal stuff, doesn't matter how many times he might die or end up in DOC.  

Definitely irrelevant to what I'm saying, proving again that you havent read my post. I'm not talking about 1 cop dying, or 1 member of said gang dying. I'm talking about big-scale fights.

12 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

Just like it has been seen before, where entire gangs got killed after a fight, and yet everyone ignores NLR because it's just more convenient and fun to keep a conflict going

FM, specifically Aldarine, can confirm that whenever such happens, they make sure to inform criminal factions of such and then keep an eye on how we deal with such information.

14 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

why a LEO roleplayer should be held at a higher standard? You decide to make LEO your main enemy out of boredom because "there's no other gangs to, we on top"

Everyone should be held to a higher standard, specially when your faction brags about holding one.

RPing as a criminal will surely involve LEO, and fighting back when we can doesnt mean we're making LEO our main enemy. 

17 minutes ago, Shining0103 said:

yet cannot handle the consequences when shit hits the fan.

Thats actually funny coming from you.

• Upvote 1
  • POG 1

1 hour ago, Oli said:

Just like what happens to gang vs gang interaction where a gang lose most of their members (Die in a fight), the beef gets NLRed and more interactions has to happen before the 2 gangs start beefing each other again and be allowed to go out of their way to hurt the other, same should happen to interactions with PD.

From when ive asked staff and shit its not necessarily the whole beef just the situation so the beef is still there, but most people (aka the ones who died in the fight) just dont have IC knowledge of that portion and if anyone got away and lived would obviously still know about it. 

2 hours ago, Oli said:

Why would a gang still be suppressed if it just had a big scale fight with PD and most members die (Of either side) or said gang lose people and whoever survived goes to jail? RPly whoever goes to jail is there for years, why would he still be suppressed after getting released after doing the time he did for the crimes he did?

I used to complain about this in /b all the time, the explanation that cops and staff gave me is that cops have IC paperwork so a new officer would just be assigned onto it read the paperwork and be caught up, however since there's not enough cops for that its typically the one who was just murdered off the case, personally doesn't make sense to me but I digress.

2 hours ago, Oli said:

Right now, whichever gang gets suppressed gets stuck in an infinite loop, ending with said gang just disbanding and/or stop playing completely.

Gang kills some PD > PD suppresses gang > Gang fights back > More suppression > Gang dies and/or go to jail > Respawn/Get released > Still get suppressed for the same actions, that they already died or served time for > Gang fight back > and again and again.

I agree heavy ass gang suppression is retarded imo, however jail doesnt really just make gang suppression go away as its a gang wide thing if anything its just more escalation for you to rebel against it, but due to the shit i referred to earlier it is just pointless and honestly now that im like thinking about it even dying doesnt make gang suppression go away as its a gang wide thing.

If you die, you don't get charged, your name isn't mentioned anywhere in relation to that situation and the only ties you have with said situation may be your affiliation. NLR doesn't apply when you get imprisoned, obviously. That's why you remember everything ICly.

Cops are on your ass cause you're still a gang member I guess? If you are not then they wouldn't be? Duh.

If you go to prison in real life and then come out you are still considered a member/criminal associate both by the family/gang and the law enforcement agency that is investigating your organization (being it a gang unit or the FBI). Even if you do some felon reformation program they will still keep an eye on you, depending on the crimes committed and the bond with the group.

@Shining0103 ain't wrong to be quote on quote confused. This really is a stupid topic. Isn't this like basic knowledge mixed with some holy ECRP rules?

Edited by TheCactus

6 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

They're on your ass cause you're still a gang member I guess? If you are not then they wouldn't be? Duh

Yeah no shit sherlock, you didn’t even read what Oli said. We’ve died several times to cops, spawn at MD run to parking unpark your car as soon as you leave parking you’re gonna see a bald head pulling you over for absolutely no reason then searches you and your car because (you’re in a casefile) how does that make sense

+1 for what Oli said 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • yooo 1

Here's a thought, maybe if you weren't lighting cops up in time-zones you know they can't do anything about it, you wouldn't be suppressed so hard?
You lose any and all moral high ground you second you pull that shit and then deserve the summary judgement that gets dished out.

In terms of individual incidents, if there is no one alive to make a report on an incident, it shouldn't be in a case file and I'm pretty sure that there are never entries in that circumstance but in terms of wiping a casefile or anything like that, it's not practical and makes no sense to ignore a faction after they've killed a bunch of cops.

You can look at it from the realism route, loads of cops getting murdered would be national news. You can look at it from a game route, it takes a long time to collect the information for these files, wiping them after one encounter wouldn't fly.

I don't think that constant suppression without continued incidents to fuel it should be a thing because I can see from a game perspective how that would be a negative experience but at the same time, you aren't going to ease up on a faction that continues doing the same things either.

I'm not a fan of the hypocrisy that when cops in early timezones are getting purged, the server is fun but when it comes time for you to assume the position, it's unfair and not fun anymore. I'm sure crims don't give a shit if cops don't want to play when they're getting rolled, yet when it's their turn, they expect the server to change for them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • dead 1

HUGE +1. Sometimes killing PD is unavoidable and you get gang surppressed for weeks for that and you kill PD because you're getting surppressed again and the cycle keeps repeating. Gang surppression should exist for some some fixed days and then when a major fight/arrest happen NLR should be in place. Example: you can get gang surppressed for 3 days straight without the possibility of NLR and after those 3 days at the first fight/arrest the gang gets NLRed,

37 minutes ago, Bala said:

Here's a thought, maybe if you weren't lighting cops up in time-zones you know they can't do anything about it, you wouldn't be suppressed so hard?
You lose any and all moral high ground you second you pull that shit and then deserve the summary judgement that gets dished out.

In terms of individual incidents, if there is no one alive to make a report on an incident, it shouldn't be in a case file and I'm pretty sure that there are never entries in that circumstance but in terms of wiping a casefile or anything like that, it's not practical and makes no sense to ignore a faction after they've killed a bunch of cops.

You can look at it from the realism route, loads of cops getting murdered would be national news. You can look at it from a game route, it takes a long time to collect the information for these files, wiping them after one encounter wouldn't fly.

I don't think that constant suppression without continued incidents to fuel it should be a thing because I can see from a game perspective how that would be a negative experience but at the same time, you aren't going to ease up on a faction that continues doing the same things either.

I'm not a fan of the hypocrisy that when cops in early timezones are getting purged, the server is fun but when it comes time for you to assume the position, it's unfair and not fun anymore. I'm sure crims don't give a shit if cops don't want to play when they're getting rolled, yet when it's their turn, they expect the server to change for them.

rare aggressive bala

• dead 1

2 hours ago, Bala said:

Hey, sir!
My criminal character(the main one) haven't been in a gang for months on end. I am not shooting at cops ever. For some reason I get the same treatment. Pulled over while going 80, dragged out - searched person & vehicle.

It's not about if you are shooting at cops or not, it's about if they like/hate you on an OOC level.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barny said:

Hey, sir!
My criminal character(the main one) haven't been in a gang for months on end. I am not shooting at cops ever. For some reason I get the same treatment. Pulled over while going 80, dragged out - searched person & vehicle.

It's not about if you are shooting at cops or not, it's about if they like/hate you on an OOC level.

There's less holes in a block of swiss cheese than that story.

• Like 1
  • dead 1

I've been the subject of gang suppression in different groups and we always dealt with it properly and it goes away. Those who "disband because of it" make me think they just couldn't avoid bringing heat on their colors/group.

"Gang kills some PD > PD suppresses gang > Gang fights back" .....

If your goal is to lose the attention of PD, maybe.... Dont "fight back" and kill cops in retaliation thus giving them more reason to suppress you?

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

The type of suppression done at the current time of ECRP makes the game unplayable, Criminals cant RP at all they are getting pulled over and searched 24/7 throughout the whole day because of the OOC hate they have for crims. Like no criminal activities can be done and it is extremely demotivating.

Edited by Yeager

3 minutes ago, Yeager said:

The type of suppression done at the current time of ECRP makes the game unplayable, Criminals cant RP at all they are getting pulled over and searched 24/7 throughout the whole day because of the OOC hate they have for crims. Like no criminal activities can be done and it is extremely demotivating.

Getting pulled over by a cop is roleplay. Getting searched is roleplay. It might not be the roleplay that you want to be doing but if you want to start bombing cops in empty timezones then this is what happens.
I keep seeing Division Six talking about all this OOC hate, I hate it to break it to you but it's not that deep. It could just as easily be OTF or Rooks or whoever else that's pulled.

Because you can't get your way, the game is all of a sudden unplayable. 

Devote the same energy to your faction members not driving around in cars with no doors on or not making blatant metagame references to GBK around Jason/Grace to get a reaction or talking about hitboxes in-character as you do some of these threads and you might actually get some where.

I really try to help crims get their bag in the server but honestly, groups like you make it so difficult to have any kind of sympathy whatsoever.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bala said:

Getting pulled over by a cop is roleplay. Getting searched is roleplay. It might not be the roleplay that you want to be doing but if you want to start bombing cops in empty timezones then this is what happens.
I keep seeing Division Six talking about all this OOC hate, I hate it to break it to you but it's not that deep. It could just as easily be OTF or Rooks or whoever else that's pulled.

Because you can't get your way, the game is all of a sudden unplayable. 

fe6e66ad-28e4-4d94-ac2c-79e23ca9465b.jpg.5d46ec96b33c2461330e867823cc82d1.jpg