Yeager

Trees

It is too early to discuss the changes to the environment. It has just been 1 hour or so? We will temporarily remove the new map changes to fix some bugs and then put them back again. I personally agree with removing or replacing some immovable objects on the streets, but if you drive properly, they should not be an issue either way. I think it would be better to restart this discussion after everyone had enough time to get accustomed to the new changes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Osvaldon said:

It is too early to discuss the changes to the environment. It has just been 1 hour or so? We will temporarily remove the new map changes to fix some bugs and then put them back again. I personally agree with removing or replacing some immovable objects on the streets, but if you drive properly, they should not be an issue either way. I think it would be better to restart this discussion after everyone had enough time to get accustomed to the new changes.

I agree with what you said, but the places that these things have been placed at are all coincidentally routes people use for evading, if you have a heli on you, you can no longer just hug a building in order to temporarily lose VC of the helis, whether its been done purposefully or not, its just a minor change that both isn't needed, and makes it even harder to get away from the police.

• Like 3
  • hand 1
  • polarcop 1

19 minutes ago, Osvaldon said:

I love the way how its looking now !  Maybe should take some of them out but city looks cool now 

No, more FPS isn't needed for roleplay, but a stable FPS is needed for us to enjoy the experience.

I get huge frame drops when coming close to high ends or any populated areas that affects my inputs whilst driving. We don't need more bloat that no one asked for for the sole purpose of putting more sticks in the wheels of a particular part of the servers population.

Breaks it for me to have trees straight up coming out of the sidewalk just like the minecraft jungle node trees up north.

Don't know how I feel about the trees, I like some of the areas, but it's just too much honestly.

Edited by Captain Tofu

While I'm not a fan of unnecessary obstructions, I'm also a fan of making environments look more 'lived in'. 
I wasn't a fan of the forests in Blaine County when it was implemented but now I couldn't imagine it without them so you never really know.

I'm sure there is a sweet spot where we can have some new bits and pieces but dial it back a little so it perhaps as in your face.

Best to fix the bugs and give it a week or two, people will have a more well rounded opinion by then.

Honestly all these "fps" loss claims should not be considered at all. It does not affect the frames and from what it looked they are well placed. I do enjoy how it looks and I believe they should be adjusted because there are some trees on roofs and then we should have them back, they look great in my opinion.

• Like 1

I believe the pots with plants were really unnecessary, especially in poor area such as the ghetto of Los Santos. I really liked the addition of trees and I wish they stay but some areas were real jungles such as city hall and north-east of city hall.

Samuele_Colonna-1672595044293.jpg?width=

I really want there to be more obstacles and decorations on traffic islands, sidewalks and on the grass but some areas are ridiculous.

Aww I want to see all the new trees!

Also, trees cause very little FPS impact, especially if they are game assets already in game. Yes, more assets do equal the need to render, but they shouldn't be that much.

We need a little variation / change to our environment!

• Like 1
  • NAY 1

On 1/1/2023 at 8:02 PM, hrxvey said:

I agree with what you said, but the places that these things have been placed at are all coincidentally routes people use for evading, if you have a heli on you, you can no longer just hug a building in order to temporarily lose VC of the helis, whether its been done purposefully or not, its just a minor change that both isn't needed, and makes it even harder to get away from the police.

Man what buildings do you "hug" to evade helis? We fly at 1000ft. Let's say for the sake of it we go to 800. We're still down to 4 buildings. You can't "hug" IAA and FIB cause the only road that goes directly next to them is Power Street. You ain't gonna evade shit going around maze bank while it is debatable for the construction site south of it. Believe it or not, no obstacles were added around that construction site except for some lane dividers. It's actually gonna be harder for a cop and the helicopter to see a motorycle or a small car if there's a whole forest around an intersection so your argument is 6 feet under at this point.

Not only that but cops can hit obstacles too, you know? Just be better and use them to your advantage. I really don't want to say it but I have to because it actually is a pertinent answer:
skill issue.

Edited by TheCactus
  • hand 1
  • dead 1